• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I was referring to the Jared/Ivanka thing. Tbh I've never heard a president apologize to Americans. I cant say none has when it comes to other countries lol. Trump has always worked with the governors. He's always on conference calls with them. He left the shutdowns to all the governors on how they wanted to do it and the "total authority" has to be from the powers a president has during National Emergency which are too much tbh. Its most defintly not constitutional thats for sure. It was never his plan to use this but just to state that he could. It would be a major court battle anyways.

If I judged Trump only by his temperament I wouldnt like him either.

This is a timeline down below to just show it wasnt only Trump that didnt take it serious enough but also as to maybe why. At the Tuesday press conference Fauci said Trump did everything that was suggested to him. Carefully note the things Fauci said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fr...nitial-coronavirus-responses-havent-aged-well
Talking about timelines:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-al...disease-outbreak-in-china-in-november-report/

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
In fact you should check this weekly show out.

https://babylonbee.com/news/president-to-dispense-medical-advice-on-dr-trump-show

All he was doing was speculating about them looking into it and he also said it should be under medical supervision which is in the video.

The way the media spins it. "He's telling everybody to inject bleach".
Nah bro. You don't make wide, stupid and dangerous speculations like that from the position he is in.
Indefensible and inexcusable.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nah bro. You don't make wide, stupid and dangerous speculations like that from the position he is in.
Indefensible and inexcusable.

Really dont disagree but the media way overblows it. Should have been more for the roundtable but It was speculation and speculation only but thats not whats being told which I consider more dangerous. Listen to Pelosi lie. She's mainly talking about McConnel but she openly lies about what Trump said. Really if you dont know much about politics people believe what they read and hear.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Holy shit! So in other words, "Yeah I believe you and all that, but it's still fuck Trump, so you're on your own kiddo."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Holy shit! So in other words, "Yeah I believe you and all that, but it's still fuck Trump, so you're on your own kiddo."

i mean its pretty awful that the choice in the USA is awful billionaire with multiple sexual assault and rape allegations vs less awful millionaire also with sexual assault allegations - the democratic establishment could not have elected a worse representative to go against trump who is not popular and one of the worst presidents in the history of the USA - should be one of the easiest election wins against an incumbent ever and they still might have screwed it up

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn if Joe has to be replaced is it gonna be Bernie?? Cuz if it ain't...............whoaaaaa. Shit gonna hit the fan!!!! And I'm not gonna be anywhere near that fan.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Democrats are basically killing themselves with every double standard that has come out against them. Brett Kavanaugh was run down by the Dems for his case, there was an Anti-Kavanaugh Women's March to protest him. The same group that led the March is now commending Joe Biden for "addressing the issue head-on" in a complete flip of their stance against Kavanaugh. It's absolutley disgusting how they are trying to cover this up to help Biden win because, "orange man bad".

Also Lisa Bloom was Harvey Weinstein's lawyer and considering he's in jail for 23 years for sex crimes, she does a great job continuing the double standard.

Damn if Joe has to be replaced is it gonna be Bernie?? Cuz if it ain't...............whoaaaaa. Shit gonna hit the fan!!!! And I'm not gonna be anywhere near that fan.

I'm fully expecting the Democrats to push Andrew Cuomo toward the Summer as the one to take on Trump in November. Biden right now can't even talk in interviews without mumbling, he's either close to or already has alzheimer. I'm not sure what would be worse, 4 more years of Trump or 4 years of Joe Biden.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Democrats are basically killing themselves with every double standard that has come out against them. Brett Kavanaugh was run down by the Dems for his case, there was an Anti-Kavanaugh Women's March to protest him. The same group that led the March is now commending Joe Biden for "addressing the issue head-on" in a complete flip of their stance against Kavanaugh. It's absolutley disgusting how they are trying to cover this up to help Biden win because, "orange man bad".

i really dont see those same people addressing this any differently to the kavanaugh stuff - the same people who protested kavanaugh are still protesting biden and trump and every other predator who's been credibly accused - the difference is there's a democratic establishment behind biden which will publicly support him and ignore his problems because it's in their interest to

they are not the same people as those who marched against kavanaugh

JO_75

Hall of Famer
i really dont see those same people addressing this any differently to the kavanaugh stuff - the same people who protested kavanaugh are still protesting biden and trump and every other predator who's been credibly accused - the difference is there's a democratic establishment behind biden which will publicly support him and ignore his problems because it's in their interest to

they are not the same people as those who marched against kavanaugh

Oh I know, I'm just using that as an example of the double standard when it comes to Joe Biden. The USA has a population of over 300M, yet the best candidates to run for President in the last two elections are Donald Trump, Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden. Incredible.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh I know, I'm just using that as an example of the double standard when it comes to Joe Biden. The USA has a population of over 300M, yet the best candidates to run for President in the last two elections are Donald Trump, Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden. Incredible.

the difference with the joe biden situation is that there's a large proportion of democrats (who are not a monolith in the way that republicans have become) who will hold their candidate to account and possibly (probably?) to their detriment come election time

american politics and your electoral college has led to this though - there are 2 establishment parties and there's no chance for improvement and change because incremental inroads by a 3rd party cant result in any political power because every state is winner takes all

but the primary situation is also stupid - joe biden won the democratic nomination based on huge wins in states that will never vote for him in the presidential election - he won the democratic primaries because his policies were more palatable in states with strong conservative bases but where he will not win in the presidential election - that is a major flaw in the primary process

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Republicans managed to accomplish something in California that has not happened since 1998, they flipped a Blue Seat to a Red Seat as Republican Mike Garcia takes over for Democrat Christy Smith who conceded the race to him. Has California woke up?

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/05/14...ellwether-of-things-to-come-the-gop-hopes-so/

During a lockdown... if it happens again in November then cool but not really going to read into it too much - especially given it was recently a red seat anyway

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Democrats pass a new $3T relief package, while sneaking into the bill a law that would eliminate Voter Id Laws. Dems continue to try to push things that they want ahead of the American people. This has nothing to do with Corona virus and relief for the American people. Are we going to keep passing new trillion dollar bills every month instead of writing one bill that covers relief for a longer period of time? Also why do this knowing Trump and the Republicans aren't going to pass this at all?

Tucked inside House Democrats’ new coronavirus bill is language that would create a loophole in states’ voter ID requirements, allowing people to cast ballots without having to prove who they are.

While the crux of the bill, revealed Tuesday, is a massive injection of taxpayer aid for states, localities and federal agencies dealing with the virus, Democrats also tackled some of their long-standing political goals.

One section of the bill would require states to allow at least 15 days of in-person early voting before Election Day this year, and to also allow voting by mail for any reason, overriding states that have more limited policies.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/12/democrats-coronavirus-bill-would-eliminate-states-/

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Democrats pass a new $3T relief package, while sneaking into the bill a law that would eliminate Voter Id Laws. Dems continue to try to push things that they want ahead of the American people. This has nothing to do with Corona virus and relief for the American people. Are we going to keep passing new trillion dollar bills every month instead of writing one bill that covers relief for a longer period of time? Also why do this knowing Trump and the Republicans aren't going to pass this at all?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/12/democrats-coronavirus-bill-would-eliminate-states-/

All speculation here but my belief is they're showing their base things they're trying to get passed and it allowed 14 democrats to show hey we're not that crazy left. They already watched one house seat flip. Plus they called it the Hero's Bill so when the Senate doesn't pass it they will claim how much republicans hate our heroes.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hoo boy.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...her-youre-for-me-or-trump-then-you-aint-black

And somebody talks about Trump *cough cough*. This is a guy that talks about kids rubbing his hairy legs in a pool and learning about "roaches" or that "poor kids are as bright as white kids". Then he wants to raise corporate tax rates? Talk about tying concrete shoes to our small business's feet and shipping our jobs overseas again. Stay in the basement Joe. You Chinese puppet.

And these 2. How much stupid you want?

Schumer-Pelosi-600x350.jpg

Well I guess dems can go ahead and keep believing "The coronavirus is a hoax" and Trump wants you to inject bleach bs. Its gotten to the point of why bother when it comes to TDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.