• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Well-Mannered Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Right now they're State TV. Disinformation and conspiracy theories are amplified by them on a daily basis. They need to hold on to their base which is pretty much the President's base. The only way they hold on is by minimizing the incompetence of POTUS and then projecting all his terrible qualities to the Dems. The base buys it hook, line and sinker because they're preconditioned and predisposed to believing this propaganda. This is not just my opinion but shared by most people in the country. They were pulled off the air in the UK for the same shenanigans, but in the US they have their own party and President running rough shod.

it's pretty clear that trump thinks he can win with just the far white vote - he's committed to pandering completely to that one demographic and believes there's enough of them to win

it will be depressing if that does turn out to be the case and will be an indictment of white america

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Right now they're State TV. Disinformation and conspiracy theories are amplified by them on a daily basis. They need to hold on to their base which is pretty much the President's base. The only way they hold on is by minimizing the incompetence of POTUS and then projecting all his terrible qualities to the Dems. The base buys it hook, line and sinker because they're preconditioned and predisposed to believing this propaganda. This is not just my opinion but shared by most people in the country. They were pulled off the air in the UK for the same shenanigans, but in the US they have their own party and President running rough shod.
Yeah, that's my first hand experience from the previous life.
The only difference - we got teargassed and water-cannoned for demanding resignations of state TV director and 4 of his editors/anchors and equal access to state media for all parties. We did beat the crap out of police though but then they sent tanks.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Incidentally, the weirdest part of this tweet is "LA school police" with grenade launchers.
Fuck me. How can that go on as a normal way of life?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
New footage shown where a police officer fatally shot another black man. The Police Chief in Atlanta stepped down..... for some odd reason. There is cell phone footage but the new footage from a security cam shows the man taking the taser from the cops and using it against the officers. He apparently was drinking and driving and he was sleeping in his car.

Atlanta Mayor: While there may be debate of whether this is a justified use of force....

So cops can't defend themselves now? We are reaching a slippery slope here, the mayor is clearly playing to the current situation but at what point does an officer have a right to defend himself if a suspect takes one of their weapons away and uses it against them?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
New footage shown where a police officer fatally shot another black man. The Police Chief in Atlanta stepped down..... for some odd reason. There is cell phone footage but the new footage from a security cam shows the man taking the taser from the cops and using it against the officers. He apparently was drinking and driving and he was sleeping in his car.

Atlanta Mayor: While there may be debate of whether this is a justified use of force....

So cops can't defend themselves now? We are reaching a slippery slope here, the mayor is clearly playing to the current situation but at what point does an officer have a right to defend himself if a suspect takes one of their weapons away and uses it against them?

He took the taser and started running away. Shot in the back. What are you talking about???

JO_75

Hall of Famer
He took the taser and started running away. Shot in the back. What are you talking about???

Hold on, are you agreeing with me that it's self defense by the cop or disagreeing? I'm saying how many are trying to compare this to George Floyd when it's not the same situation. The full story was the man fell asleep in a Wendy's drive thru, police were called. He failed the DUI test, and was resisting which led to the struggle, which the original cell phone footage that everyone saw, freaked out because all they see is "white cop kills black man", but the new security footage in that video I linked shows the full story of him resisting arrest, stealing the taser from the cop and then using it against the cop which led to him getting shot.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Hold on, are you agreeing with me that it's self defense by the cop or disagreeing? I'm saying how many are trying to compare this to George Floyd when it's not the same situation. The full story was the man fell asleep in a Wendy's drive thru, police were called. He failed the DUI test, and was resisting which led to the struggle, which the original cell phone footage that everyone saw, freaked out because all they see is "white cop kills black man", but the new security footage in that video I linked shows the full story of him resisting arrest, stealing the taser from the cop and then using it against the cop which led to him getting shot.
I'm not comparing anything

HOW IS IT SELF DEFENCE SHOOTING SOMEBODY IN THE BACK WHEN SOMEBODY IS RUNNING AWAY?????????????????

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2020-6-14_16-15-43.png

He just took the fucking taser because they pulled him out of the car where he was sleeping, not disturbing anyone. They tasered him. He didn't want to be tasered again and took it, wrestling out 2 cops.

HE POINTED TASER AT THEM, HAS NOT USED IT. THEN STARTED RUNNING AWAY.
THAT SICK MOTHERFUCKER COP SHOULD BE PUT BEHIND BARS FOR THE REST OF HIS MISERABLE LIFE FOR KILLING SOMEBODY BECAUSE OF HIS PRIDE GOT A BRUISING.

There, hope there's no more confusion as to what I think.

Inqui

Pro Bowler

Incidentally, the weirdest part of this tweet is "LA school police" with grenade launchers.
Fuck me. How can that go on as a normal way of life?

There's a town in New Hampshire called Keene, with a population of 23,000 - which is around the population of Levin, where I lived.

The police there have a Bearcat (which they got by citing their pumpkin festival as a terrorism target).

Demilitarising the police should be a priority for this poorly named "defund the police" campaign - which has more to do with giving police appropriate jobs and the appropriate gear for those jobs.

The thought of police in Levin having an armoured personnel carrier is legitimately mind-blowing to me. No wonder that country has so much dysfunction.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Fucking turds

Thugs with a licence to have their jackboots licked.

That's something schoolyard bullies do. Adding to what I said above, the fact that none of these guys are probably going to face any kind of justice (charges, demotion, removal) sums up the second issue neatly. No accountability.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
View attachment 2448

He just took the fucking taser because they pulled him out of the car where he was sleeping, not disturbing anyone. They tasered him. He didn't want to be tasered again and took it, wrestling out 2 cops.

HE POINTED TASER AT THEM, HAS NOT USED IT. THEN STARTED RUNNING AWAY.
THAT SICK [profanity deleted] COP SHOULD BE PUT BEHIND BARS FOR THE REST OF HIS MISERABLE LIFE FOR KILLING SOMEBODY BECAUSE OF HIS PRIDE GOT A BRUISING.

There, hope there's no more confusion as to what I think.

That's not what happened.... at all. He was asleep at a Wendy's Drive Thru obstructing traffic who had to go around him, which was why people called the police. He then tells the officer he had a margarita, and later fails a sobriety test which means he was driving drunk. The officer should have ended things 2 minutes in, once he got him out of the drive thru and let him sleep. The only problem is what might have happened after the police let him go. He could have injured or killed innocent people from driving drunk if the officer let him go. What if he fell asleep at the wheel going home, and then people would blame the police for letting him leave and drive drunk. The body cam footage from the officer tells a different story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.