• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and THE KINGS OF THE NORTH

O

OriolesMagicPlease

On a happier note, the good stuff: Seeing the Steelers' faces on their field after we won, awesome! And Mosely making that season saving play. And of course, my Mark *heart*. Glad to see Hayden getting some action too. Lamar is going to be depending on those two for a very long time.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not just the forum. Remember the sarcastic applause when he made like a 5 yard wide open catch? Mike Wallace came to his defense after the game, but they have been rough on Perriman. Happy to see him stepping up given a fresh start. He sure looked like a first round pick last night...

I remember that. He has a reason to react. All of the sudden he gets open and catches balls.

I am extremely curious as to what was going on here. I was one of his biggest supporters and felt that alot of those balls almost kiled him

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I remember that. He has a reason to react. All of the sudden he gets open and catches balls.

I am extremely curious as to what was going on here. I was one of his biggest supporters and felt that alot of those balls almost kiled him
It was a combination of few things, perfect storm kinda

- inept WR coaching and offensive play calling (for years)
- injuries
- bad QB play
- drops / subpar route running

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
On a happier note, the good stuff: Seeing the Steelers' faces on their field after we won, awesome! And Mosely making that season saving play. And of course, my Mark *heart*. Glad to see Hayden getting some action too. Lamar is going to be depending on those two for a very long time.
Are there any of videos of Heinz Field reactions? I spent all night reading there forums laughing to myself

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Favorite lamar throwing plays: the crosser to Hayden where he looked like an inflatable toy with guys bouncing off him, and the play where they ran a cb blitz but lamar beat it anyway rolled out right and hit Andrews within the 10. Pretty sure they were both on the drive that ended with the goaline “fumble”

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
The only things im missing out of Flacco’s game right now are his q.b sneaks and his arm pumps when he scores a td lol.
Lamar had some fucking incredible throws yesterday.

What would make next Sunday is seeing lamar throw a td or big play to joe, and then they hug or celebrate together

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

It was a combination of few things, perfect storm kinda

- inept WR coaching and offensive play calling (for years)
- injuries
- bad QB play
- drops / subpar route running
His injuries that killed his chance to develop really did him in. It definitely killed his confidence. Our WR coach is total garbage. He definitely had plenty of drops but a big part was indeed Flacco not giving him great chances. Including numerous times when he’d get open and not get the ball, that happened so often. He honestly gets open a fair amount of the time - he’s not great at his routes but his speed absolutely gets him separation and he showed that yesterday. That’s why I’ve always said his routes weren’t the biggest problem. Speedy guys don’t need good routes.

It was bittersweet when Breshad just flew by Tavon because we actually got to see that speed that so many doubted. I disagree with everyone who’s saying fuck Perriman. Im glad he’s showing out. Good for him.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
That is why I said to put someone next to him.

Unless of course they double dip on that position in the draft which I highly doubt.
I don’t count on Williams at this point because he hasn’t shown the ability to get on the field. I want him to do well and I thought he was doing well but then he took a major step back and hasn’t seen the field.
We definitely need a pass rusher but I’m not sold it needs to be an edge rusher - the thing that has killed us since Ngata left has been a lack of interior pressure against good OL (ZDS and Pierce destroy average or worse interior OL but can get stonewalled by good interior linemen)
I feel like we do have interior rushers—maybe not Aaron Donald but I like Pierce and Henry when he’s healthy. Pierce just brings pressure imo. I think we really need some edge rushers man. We need someone to replace Suggs.

I feel Perriman was definitely done in by injuries and bad coaching but also Flacco. I wonder what Lamar could’ve done with him

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wasn't Perriman inactive a lot of last season? Didn't he show himself at least a number three by putting up 499 yards as a number three?
I have to put a lot of this on coaching and player development and I worry about the same sort of thing being done to Tim Williams.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wasn't Perriman inactive a lot of last season? Didn't he show himself at least a number three by putting up 499 yards as a number three?
I have to put a lot of this on coaching and player development and I worry about the same sort of thing being done to Tim Williams.
He was inactive for several games. They basically gave up on him.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Might be a little early, but anyone seen our schedule next year? It's been so long since we've seen a first place schedule and that shit is BRUTAL. Get Texans and Pats at home, but have to travel for Rams, Seahawks and Chiefs.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
and I hope we get to see the disappointed steelers fans reaction in a commercial like we had to watch our failures all off season.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Might be a little early, but anyone seen our schedule next year? It's been so long since we've seen a first place schedule and that shit is BRUTAL. Get Texans and Pats at home, but have to travel for Rams, Seahawks and Chiefs.

Pats and Texans are probably a win and Chiefs are probably a loss.

The facing of NFC West has nothing to do with being in 1st place though. I do not think Texans repeat as AFC South Champs and Pats are very beatable.