• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The O-Line Thread - Wild Card Round vs Chargers

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Seeing how lamar played at the end makes me think a whole lot...

How much of this was on marty? Lamar obviously played TERRIBLE but there came a point in the game where I would definitely blame the OL and gameplan more than lamar, and when it got out of reach and lamar started making plays, it just seems to me like Marty scrapped his gameplan and told lamar to let it rip, and he did. And our comeback ended with Zeus giving up the edge a hair too early.

We didn’t use nearly the same pre snap motion we have used, we needed to chip the edge because Ingram had a fucking day, and we had zero creativity in the run game which is literally what made our offense go.

Lamar played terrible, but Marty seriously crushed any chance we had today. The chargers running safeties instead of LBs was brilliant and Marty did nothing at all to try to attack them differently.

Hopefully lamar was just rattled by a defense that was unstoppable and he caught fire at the end and that’s who he really is, maybe the playoffs scared him shitless.

Either way, see y’all in the draft forum, time to scout some OL

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I didn't understand why we ran the offense the way we did all game until the end. Why did it take 4 quarters to do that?

Charm City

Pro Bowler
To the people who were booing Lamar during the game, we would not have even been here had he not gone 6-1 during the regular season. And don't say Flacco could have done that. He was 4-5. He had his chance.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just watched the last Lamar fumble.

You people are really blaming Orlando for that? He gave Lamar plenty of room for pocket. Ran the defender all the way outside. The defender barely gets a hand on the ball and it’s Orlando’s fault? Nope.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I literally have no hope for our future now.

OK I am with you, but we need to see one thing first. If Eric moves on from Harbaugh and Marty, and brings in some competent people and we have a good FA and draft, and Lamar gets a whole offsesaon, I'll be pumped! Buuttt, if we keep Harbaugh, he'll keep Marty and if FA sucks ass because no one wants to play in this offense and Decosta whiffs his first draft, we'll be actually fucked. The sad part is I just feel the second option is more likely than the first. :(

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Can't say I'm too surprised sadly. Gus Bradley is a hell of a defensive mind and Skura and Hurst have become hilariously overrated by this fanbase. I disagree with @Sami84 . An elite LG and C were not necessary... Just capable players would be very nice. Oh and Marty can piss off too.

That said, I'm proud of Lamar and the defense. We played with a lot of heart, so much so that even if we did not move to a 4-3 like I want, I think Wink deserves a HC here. Harbaugh himself is fine but since he refuses to get rid of the problem he is dead to me. I honestly think other than OL we need to acquire a new FS and a bunch of new pass rushers. Jimmy Smith given his contract is probably gone. I know a lot of you are fans of him, myself included, but that contract is huge and it is imperative as to how we spend our money now.

Lamar.... Played like shit until the fourth quarter but he continues to flash for moe. And he never gave up in the face of adversity. Very proud of him. He has a lot to work on but he did a lot right today in my eyes. Prevent or no prevent, he didn't conceed or throw in the towel. It's not the game we all wanted but baby steps. He's a young QB. Still too early to make any kind of judgements on him and not moving forward with him would be insanely idiotic.

Hurst and Skura should be removed from the roster ASAP. Let's not give Harbaugh the opportunity to keep his guys. Just an average LG or C and this line is the best in football. Looks like Bozeman himself is going to turn into a good starter, thus so long as Yanda doesn't retire the need is lessened.

Given the sheer amount of cap room the team will have, especially after Flacco and others leave, there's a lot to be excited about. Lamar looks like a good project to build around and even today kind of showed me that. We need to find a C, a couple of pass rushers, a FS, and a CB to replace Jimmy. Given that we have cap room this year for the first time ever, that's more than doable.

Not happy with Harbaugh today, but if Eric and Harbs do not actually have a close relationship, that could bode well for the building of the actual team. So there is a reason for me to be optimistic.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Just watched the last Lamar fumble.

You people are really blaming Orlando for that? He gave Lamar plenty of room for pocket. Ran the defender all the way outside. The defender barely gets a hand on the ball and it’s Orlando’s fault? Nope.
Every two seconds during this entire game people were screaming throw he football. If you run with the ball up for that long onside your pocket fumbles happen

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
To the people who were booing Lamar during the game, we would not have even been here had he not gone 6-1 during the regular season. And don't say Flacco could have done that. He was 4-5. He had his chance.
IMHO, They were not booing Lamar as much as coaching not making a change.