• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The O-Line Thread - Wild Card Round vs Chargers

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I am still a little pissed at the coaching...well Marty and Harbs. I will probably need a few days to get over that. With how our defense played, that game was winnable with better coaching today.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Offensive line was F-
Special Teams was F-
Coaching was F on offense ,B+ on D
Offense was a D , 4th quarter saved it from an F
Defense was a B+ .

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Marty's play calling didn't give Lamar a chance. Marty was as loyal to the run and making it work as bad as Harbs is loyal to his coordinators. Marty kept trying to make it work but the Chargers had it figured it out. Marty needs to finally go.

The Offensive Line was atrocious. We never invested in it and the Chargers defensive line smacked our offensive line around and kept pressuring Lamar all day. When you look at the draft, the defense is the strong suit particulary on the defensive line. Arizona will likely take Nick Bosa and make our line pay just like his brother did today when we play Arizona next year. San Fran may add a defensive lineman of their own, another team we play next season. The offensive line has got to improve or Lamar is going to be the next David Carr.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The best case is we pick at 21

As of now, Seattle and us are tied at 10-6 in season record. First tiebreaker is Strength of Schedule in which Seattle has a lower SOS than we do(.484 compared to our .496) giving them the 21st pick and us sitting at the 22nd pick. If the Eagles lose, then they pick 21st and we drop to 23rd. If the Eagles win, then we sit 22nd with the Texans 23rd & Bears 24th.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Once again Ozzie and Eric are in charge of the roster and the players they acquire via draft, fa or trade. Harbaugh might have some input, but that's no his main task. However he's at fault for not benching certain players and not firing Marty.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have never seen Koch have this bad of a kicking game and you probably never will .

A horrific time to have your worst punting game of your career .

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The best case is we pick at 21
Hopefully we pick as close to that as possible.

Marty's play calling didn't give Lamar a chance. Marty was as loyal to the run and making it work as bad as Harbs is loyal to his coordinators. Marty kept trying to make it work but the Chargers had it figured it out. Marty needs to finally go.

The Offensive Line was atrocious. We never invested in it and the Chargers defensive line smacked our offensive line around and kept pressuring Lamar all day. When you look at the draft, the defense is the strong suit particulary on the defensive line. Arizona will likely take Nick Bosa and make our line pay just like his brother did today when we play Arizona next year. San Fran may add a defensive lineman of their own, another team we play next season. The offensive line has got to improve or Lamar is going to be the next David Carr.
Marty was horrible today and the OL was no better. We do need to invest in the C position because at least one of those fumbles is also on Skura due to his shitty snapping. It’s been a problem for a while it seems now. I want Skura upgraded ASAP. Btw is is bs that we haven’t invested in OL. Stanley is top-10 pick, Brown is a 3rd round pick, Yanda is a potential HoF player. That’s 3/5 of the OL.

As of now, Seattle and us are tied at 10-6 in season record. First tiebreaker is Strength of Schedule in which Seattle has a lower SOS than we do(.484 compared to our .496) giving them the 21st pick and us sitting at the 22nd pick. If the Eagles lose, then they pick 21st and we drop to 23rd. If the Eagles win, then we sit 22nd with the Texans 23rd & Bears 24th.
Does it come down to SoS? I thought it was a coin flip or something.
And Tucker missed another pretty crucial one.
Tucker always seems to have those weird misses at home. Haven’t all his misses been here at home?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Marty was horrible today and the OL was no better. We do need to invest in the C position because at least one of those fumbles is also on Skura due to his shitty snapping. It’s been a problem for a while it seems now. I want Skura upgraded ASAP. Btw is is bs that we haven’t invested in OL. Stanley is top-10 pick, Brown is a 3rd round pick, Yanda is a potential HoF player. That’s 3/5 of the OL.

Does it come down to SoS? I thought it was a coin flip or something.

Invest on the interior and we'll be good.

SOS is the first tiebreaker, followed by division then conference tiebreakers. If everything is equal, then it comes to a coin flip. So by SOS, Seattle picks ahead of us.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar sacked 7 times . And he’s able to get out of the pocket . 3 first downs on penalties for the Chargers. 10 men on the field for the
2 point Chargers conversion .

We just seemed woefully unprepared for this game .

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Has there ever been a 2 point conversion where the defense only had 10 men on the field for the play ?

I have never seen it ever . Completely disgraceful .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
defence was outstanding today in really dire circumstances and was the only reason we had a chance at the end
special teams laid an egg in a huge spot
the offence was flat out sickening at times...

lamar had (hopefully) the worst 3 quarters of his career - the ball-handling is a real issue and im glad harbs addressed it somewhat with actual specifics in the post-game presser - it's fixable but they've got to actually fix it...

lamar flat out missed throws but in the 1st half our only 2 completions were on the first drive when we actually threw the ball on first down to get us into positive down and distance situations - lamar is absolutely culpable for a lot of went wrong but the playcalling was abysmal and put us in bad situations

the most disappointing thing: the lack of adjustment after half-time - it literally took us getting into the 2 minute offence for us to start throwing the ball down the field and moving the offence - in a game where we were down 3 scores why our qb ended up with fewer than 30 pass attempts - that's outrageous - and suddenly we have 2 great drives (albeit 1 on a shorter field) and a chance to win at the end but we ran out of time

so many of the problems were execution and having the gameplan wrecked by melvin ingram crushing our OL no matter who he lined up against (and combo of Hurst/Bozemam, Skura on the interior was lethal but Orlando got beat and Ronnie Stanley really needs to work out what the snap count is because he was late off the snap again) but ultimately im not really sure what the gameplan was to begin with - it's like we figured we could run all over that front with the same play repeated over and over like we did against the browns forgetting that the browns have maybe the worst tackling defence in the league

proud of the way they rallied at the end but it makes me extra gutted about the what ifs because of how incredibly well the defence played

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar's throwing was frustrating. Had guys open but never looked to throw to them. But the o-line didn't do its job today either.

Boos were very loud irl and I can only imagine on TV as well. A disturbing number of fans left early as well. Bad day for our fanbase.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar's throwing was frustrating. Had guys open but never looked to throw to them. But the o-line didn't do its job today either.

Boos were very loud irl and I can only imagine on TV as well. A disturbing number of fans left early as well. Bad day for our fanbase.

it's embarrassing that our fans didnt really fill the bank until the browns game and then as soon as the going got tough they turned...
a few years ago that would have been unheard of and i genuinely thought we had one of the best (certainly on broadcast) home supports in the league - a legit 12th man advantage - but turns out we arent and we dont

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
As bad as Lamar was for 3 quarters , he almost made a miraculous turnaround in the 4th .

I really thought he was gonna win the game for us , until he got stripped sacked .