• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The O-Line Thread - Wild Card Round vs Chargers

JAAM

Hall of Famer
it's embarrassing that our fans didnt really fill the bank until the browns game and then as soon as the going got tough they turned...
a few years ago that would have been unheard of and i genuinely thought we had one of the best (certainly on broadcast) home supports in the league - a legit 12th man advantage - but turns out we arent and we dont
Hopefully Steve sees that in a way to make a huge change or two.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's embarrassing that our fans didnt really fill the bank until the browns game and then as soon as the going got tough they turned...
a few years ago that would have been unheard of and i genuinely thought we had one of the best (certainly on broadcast) home supports in the league - a legit 12th man advantage - but turns out we arent and we dont
It's sickening. Fair-weather fans all around us.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
To be fair - takes two to dance. Multiple sub par seasons, lack of true stars on the team and uninspiring play would do that. Takes a lot of effort to rebuild the trust.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Idk how he will do that. Attendance still hasn't fully recovered after 2014 really.
Maybe we get aggressive this offseason and trade for someone that will help fill up seats. We need a couple super stars on both sides of the ball in the worst way. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I’d kill to acquire Jalen Ramsey. We need a character other than an old Sizzle. Or trade for a super star WR. I don’t know, something needs to happen and Steve knows.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Overall, I am pretty happy with the way our season went. My one big worry at the beginning of this season was the offensive line. I think in the end that may have been our biggest Achilles heel. I think our future is still pretty bright. I won’t complain about that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Overall, I am pretty happy with the way our season went. My one big worry at the beginning of this season was the offensive line. I think in the end that may have been our biggest Achilles heel. I think our future is still pretty bright. I won’t complain about that.

hopefully the learned lesson from the coaching staff and front office alike is that OL has to be a critical part of our offseason agenda

jboy19

Pro Bowler
This was the first time that the Ravens went one and done in playoffs under Harbaugh, so I was a little caught off guard by how flat the team came out.

I still am putting more blame on Marty than anybody. He was dumb to think the Chargers wouldn't have an answer for the run game after playing them 2 weeks ago.

Overall, the defense was very solid all game even though they played a lot more snaps than they had in recent games, its going to be big to see how they handle the upcoming personnel changes. If Wink, Mosley, Suggs and Weddle all end up elsewhere, there could be some dark times ahead.

The offense was a total disaster. The OL was awful, Lamar struggled for 3 quarters (OL problems/playcalling were a big part of that, but a lot of the issues were on him as well).

Overall, it was a bummer. The future can go a billion different ways. There's likely to be a lot of change on both sides of the ball next year, which can mean bad things or good things.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
oh and btw..we are in trouble next year if we don't hit like crazy in the draft and FA. No longer can we rely on our veteren ex elite players..we need elite young players