• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
ferguson living up to everything we feared.
Ferguson isn't an a quick twitch athlete. But it's just otas, I'll wait until I see him in pre-season.
from RSF other notes

Was listening to 105.7 coverage of OTAs the following is according to what I heard from Vinny Cerratto:

-Lamar was up and down throwing the football
-Reverted to sidearm mechanics when throwing to the backs
-Missed some throws high during redzone and 2-minute periods of practice; also threw and INT to Carr

-Tim Williams got a sack
-Ferguson looks stiff

-Boykin not full speed
-Lasley dropped a pass off his finger tips in the RZ period

-- Fourth-round rookie cornerback Iman Marshall broke up several passes near the goal line, using his length to knock balls away from wide receivers.

Ed Norris said the same thing about Lamar.

Said he did not look good throwing. Anytime there was pressure he reverted back to that short side arm garbage skipping the ball off the turn. He said he was sailing the ball many feet over the heads of the WRS. He said he was holding on the ball way too long.

He did say RGIII Looked really good. Was very accurate and fast with the ball going through his reads.
Lamar hasn't internalized the new mechanics/motions yet. This means he's still thinking and it's not natural to him yet.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ferguson isn't an a quick twitch athlete. But it's just otas, I'll wait until I see him in pre-season.

Lamar hasn't internalized the new mechanics/motions yet. This means he's still thinking and it's not natural to him yet.

at this level, what we're looking for is a natural trait. I don't think he'll ever have ''it''. RGIII has always been a better passer than lamar. You could see it at baylor and in the NFL. Lamar goes through his reads well but this trait is hard to create. Baker has it naturally.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
you are reading too much into this, way too much. He did meet with Lincoln Riley in the offseason
It wasn’t meant to be taken too seriously lol, just that I find it strange that they’re meeting with college triple option coaches and that the shit doesn’t work

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
ferguson living up to everything we feared.
As Ferguson’s biggest hater, I’ll say that we 100% can’t judge him until the pads are on. We know he’s stiff as fuck, but what he does bring to the table is something that we can’t see without the pads on. His game is based on extreme brute force

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
As Ferguson’s biggest hater, I’ll say that we 100% can’t judge him until the pads are on. We know he’s stiff as fuck, but what he does bring to the table is something that we can’t see without the pads on. His game is based on extreme brute force

meanwhile, tim williams ( who we all know has it) gets another sack. We've wasted him IMO and for no good reaosn. He was good for us in the time he actually played. Fuck harbaugh

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
from RSF other notes

Was listening to 105.7 coverage of OTAs the following is according to what I heard from Vinny Cerratto:

-Lamar was up and down throwing the football
-Reverted to sidearm mechanics when throwing to the backs
-Missed some throws high during redzone and 2-minute periods of practice; also threw and INT to Carr

-Tim Williams got a sack
-Ferguson looks stiff

-Boykin not full speed
-Lasley dropped a pass off his finger tips in the RZ period

-- Fourth-round rookie cornerback Iman Marshall broke up several passes near the goal line, using his length to knock balls away from wide receivers.

Ed Norris said the same thing about Lamar.

Said he did not look good throwing. Anytime there was pressure he reverted back to that short side arm garbage skipping the ball off the turn. He said he was sailing the ball many feet over the heads of the WRS. He said he was holding on the ball way too long.

He did say RGIII Looked really good. Was very accurate and fast with the ball going through his reads.
Well Jamison Hensley said he had a pretty good start but it ended not so well with Lamar being frustrated with the interception. Vinny Cerrano will say anything controversial to get listeners.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
at this level, what we're looking for is a natural trait. I don't think he'll ever have ''it''. RGIII has always been a better passer than lamar. You could see it at baylor and in the NFL. Lamar goes through his reads well but this trait is hard to create. Baker has it naturally.
We'll see.
After watching the newest ota highlights you know Roman's now the OC. Lamar has finally a wrist coach.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I hope they make pads necessary during some or all of the combine events in the near future. I don't care if someone is fast without pads, I think having to carry those will definitely alter performance and may help bridge the gap between workout numbers and "game speed" that we see on tape.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
meanwhile, tim williams ( who we all know has it) gets another sack. We've wasted him IMO and for no good reaosn. He was good for us in the time he actually played. Fuck harbaugh
Agreed. Tim Williams was our best pass rusher before his injury. He better get a fucking fair shake and idc if he acts up off the field

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well Jamison Hensley said he had a pretty good start but it ended not so well with Lamar being frustrated with the interception. Vinny Cerrano will say anything controversial to get listeners.
Yeah, I wouldn’t take anything from the guy who thinks any rookie who isn’t a first round pick can only make the active squad “by how they play teams”(special teams) vinny is a fucking idiot

Lets also remember that Ed and rob who are the closest things to a voice of reason on 105.7 both stated that justice hill was a better fit than Bryce love because hill has breakaway speed and love is just another downhill between the tackles guy

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He's more than an idiot. He wasn't wanted in San Francisco and the only reason he stayed in DC for so long is he was a racquet ball partner for Dan Snyder. Just think about this, Marty Schottenheimer fired him in 2001 and no one hired him. It took Marty getting hired for Snyder to hire Vinny back. Also in 2010 he was fired by Dan Snyder and no one has hired him.

Maybe Vinny can do a movie again....

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Why all this negativity? Gotta give him some time if he doesn't pan out there's still Lawrence.
That should be the plan. Lamar gets two more years. If he sucks, that’s fine, trade an entire draft for Trevor.

2020 build up the lines... I say this every year and we never do it(and we wonder why we can never win any meaningful games). Trevor comes in with a good line and a good defense, look out