• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
call me skpetical but that's likely not much a game changer. We need a legit upgrade not crap to slightly less crap.
Bozeman isn't just less crap. He's a mid-tier starter at C or G. That would be a giant upgrade over Skura.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Remember who you’re talking to. Anything less than superstar = crap to him

you exaggerate. I don't know from what i've seen of bozeman if he's an upgrade or more of the same. If powers is as good as ronald leary or clint boling i'd be delighted. I'm happy with B- players. Sadly the guys penciled in are D and below on a bad day

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He’s meeting with the wrong coaches... he needs to meet with Lincoln Riley for fucks sake, triple option doesn’t work, you can’t run pitch options in the nfl, it’s too damn risky and the CBs on the outside are usually just too damn good. The only option sweep we ran that worked last year was against Atlanta and it was never pitched.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He’s meeting with the wrong coaches... he needs to meet with Lincoln Riley for fucks sake, triple option doesn’t work, you can’t run pitch options in the nfl, it’s too damn risky and the CBs on the outside are usually just too damn good. The only option sweep we ran that worked last year was against Atlanta and it was never pitched.
you are reading too much into this, way too much. He did meet with Lincoln Riley in the offseason

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
from RSF other notes

Was listening to 105.7 coverage of OTAs the following is according to what I heard from Vinny Cerratto:

-Lamar was up and down throwing the football
-Reverted to sidearm mechanics when throwing to the backs
-Missed some throws high during redzone and 2-minute periods of practice; also threw and INT to Carr

-Tim Williams got a sack
-Ferguson looks stiff

-Boykin not full speed
-Lasley dropped a pass off his finger tips in the RZ period

-- Fourth-round rookie cornerback Iman Marshall broke up several passes near the goal line, using his length to knock balls away from wide receivers.

Ed Norris said the same thing about Lamar.

Said he did not look good throwing. Anytime there was pressure he reverted back to that short side arm garbage skipping the ball off the turn. He said he was sailing the ball many feet over the heads of the WRS. He said he was holding on the ball way too long.

He did say RGIII Looked really good. Was very accurate and fast with the ball going through his reads.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im fully open to a very very real and maybe probably reality that lamar never becomes even a good passer. hopefully average along with his speed and our schemes and other talents can get it done but i do think he has a ceiling when it comes to throwing the ball and it's not a high one