• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
From br.com (aren't they full of interesting news today?):

Ravens defensive tackle Michael Pierce isn’t in good enough physical condition as he enters the final year of his rookie contract.

Pierce was at mandatory minicamp practice Tuesday, but he was not on the field very long. After a brief on-field chat with Head Coach John Harbaugh, Pierce went back inside. He looked heavier than last season.

“He’s not ready to practice from a safety standpoint and for his own health,” Harbaugh said. “We recognize that and pulled him off.”

Asked if it’s a problem that Pierce wasn’t permitted to practice, Harbaugh said, “Oh sure, it’s a problem. Absolutely. You want guys practicing, ready to practice, physically able to practice. That’s very important. ... But, he’s not ready for [this] practice yet. You can probably tell.”

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Michael Pierce is a gigantic man by nature and it probably takes a shitload of conditioning to keep himself in football shape. That said, you would think he’d do all that work and then some. This is just surprising and disappointing

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Michael Pierce is a gigantic man by nature and it probably takes a shitload of conditioning to keep himself in football shape. That said, you would think he’d do all that work and then some. This is just surprising and disappointing
and to not be in shape in a contract year is beyond absurd.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
D8yx-beXsAMzjlm.jpg:large

willie snead looking a bit like jimmy smith

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I want even really trying to say he looked that rough. I just figure most of the guys were 2nd or 3rd year guys so that stood out. Forgot he was even on the team for a while.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, I can't really provide any Twitter links because the site is blocked at work, but DeShon Elliott is apparently looking really good so far in OTAs and mini-camp. He's been around the ball and making plays just like he was in pre-season last year. Can't wait to see how Wink uses him during the season with our already loaded secondary.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jaylon Ferguson taking the rush linebacker snaps with the 1st team today - seems like they're operating a heavy rotation of first team snaps and it basically feels like an open competition for that rush linebacker spot - so far i know Shane Ray, Timmy Williams and Jaylon Ferguson have all had heavy 1st team reps

deshon elliott is going to find a way to get on the field if he keeps playing the way he's been playing according to hensley too