• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson says he “might” work with QB guru Tom House over next 5 weeks.
And he will also work with his wr and rb corps.
Good thing, he will attend and hold a passing camp.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lamar Jackson says he “might” work with QB guru Tom House over next 5 weeks.
And he will also work with his wr and rb corps.
Good thing, he will attend and hold a passing camp.
working with Tom House would be great and I never thought he wouldn't hold a passing camp.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
As for left guard spot, Harbaugh said that may not be decided until a couple of weeks into preseason. Said if he had to give a favorite, it would be James Hurst. But Jermaine Eluemunor got most of first-team reps this week.
No....

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
One more thing. I'm not banking on hayden hurst being anything more than a solid number 2.

Andrews is the guy.

PFF got it right.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
As for left guard spot, Harbaugh said that may not be decided until a couple of weeks into preseason. Said if he had to give a favorite, it would be James Hurst. But Jermaine Eluemunor got most of first-team reps this week.
No....
*drafts three olinemen in the past two years that are better than Hurst*
*plays Hurst as a starter anyways*.

Decosta needs to step in and cut his ass.
Seriously.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
One more thing. I'm not banking on hayden hurst being anything more than a solid number 2.

Andrews is the guy.

PFF got it right.
You know what. Put your money where your mouth is. You claim to have this hilariously high hit rate(you don’t, this has been debunked several times). I want you to do a fucking tape breakdown. Show me why you are better than so many GMs as you claim to be. Show everyone here.

If you don’t do it we will all know why.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know what. Put your money where your mouth is. You claim to have this hilariously high hit rate(you don’t, this has been debunked several times). I want you to do a fucking tape breakdown. Show me why you are better than so many GMs as you claim to be. Show everyone here.

If you don’t do it we will all know why.

i wouldnt know where to start ive had so many more hits than the FO. I'll just start with what i can remember at the top of my head

Gronkowski
Desmond King
Michael Gallup
Carl Lawson
Chris Jones
Will Hernandez
Dallas Goedart

and that's just the recent ones

Ones I hated

Matt Elam
Alex Lewis
Correa
Kaufusi
Blessed one
Sergio Kindle
Terrence Cody
Courtney Upshaw
Carl Davis

Picks I loved that worked out
Mark Andrews
Matt Judon
Pernell McPhee

My mistakes ( thought they'd be good)
Arthur Brown
Maxx Williams

PIcks I liked in recent years
Humphrey ( after watching more film)
Marquise Brown
Ronnie Stanley
De'Shon Elliot
Orlando Brown jr

I'm sure theres a lot of things ive left out but this is what i can remember for now.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i wouldnt know where to start ive had so many more hits than the FO. I'll just start with what i can remember at the top of my head

Gronkowski
Desmond King
Michael Gallup
Carl Lawson
Chris Jones
Will Hernandez
Dallas Goedart

and that's just the recent ones

Ones I hated

Matt Elam
Alex Lewis
Correa
Kaufusi
Blessed one
Sergio Kindle
Terrence Cody
Courtney Upshaw
Carl Davis

Picks I loved that worked out
Mark Andrews
Matt Judon
Pernell McPhee

My mistakes ( thought they'd be good)
Arthur Brown
Maxx Williams

PIcks I liked in recent years
Humphrey ( after watching more film)
Marquise Brown
Ronnie Stanley
De'Shon Elliot
Orlando Brown jr

I'm sure theres a lot of things ive left out but this is what i can remember for now.
That’s great.

FUCKING PROVE IT. I can play that game too. That doesn’t make me better than an NFL front office either. Prove it.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sadly for quite a few of them it's on the old forum. I did pound the desk for desmond king once we got in the 4th

I am not browsing my 10000000 posts. People who remember me can attest to what i've said.

it's not my problem that you have a selective memory.

I got a couple wrong like Jordan Willis
I was initially high on bowser UNTIL I saw film

I still believe in Tim Williams.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Sadly for quite a few of them it's on the old forum. I did pound the desk for desmond king once we got in the 4th

I am not browsing my 10000000 posts. People who remember me can attest to what i've said.

it's not my problem that you have a selective memory.

I got a couple wrong like Jordan Willis
I was initially high on bowser UNTIL I saw film

I still believe in Tim Williams.
I don’t care about what you say your hits are. You can say anything with the benefit of hindsight.

Prove it. Put your money where your mouth is. Show us all your acumen.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fuck you and your hindsight. I've said these things before the draft and I don't need your validation. I've got better things to do than be petty with you. Go search the last two drafts on your own accord on this forum.

Oh and make sure to take into account my post film study humphrey and post film study bowser.

Goodnight.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Funnily enough I’m not gonna warn or ban you for anything you say here. Or take it down, or delete it.

my point was that i have NO reason to pretend hating a player that we drafted. I told you i was bullish on arthur brown and maxx williams. Those are honestly the only two guys that i had high hopes for that flopped beyond comprehension. There have been plenty of meh picks but believe it or not za'darius smith was my 2nd favorite pick in the 2015 draft and he was a flop in my eyes until last year.

I didn't like the carl davis pick.

I've been pretty much on point. So be it. Btw I watched more videos of our draft class and outside of Jaylon Ferguson, they all have a decent shot ( not including mcsorley). Are they the safest prospects? fuck no..

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
One, two, three, four, I declare a tape war. Five, six, seven, eight, this will prove who is great.

@Lost_In_Translation @Sami84
I generally don’t care, nor do I claim myself to be an expert. I’m not qualified to work for an NFL team at all. I know that. I’ve got my hits, but I’ve got my misses too. I do these articles and breakdowns for fun. Whether people listen to me is up to them.

Let it be know, outside of @Truth no one here is qualified to work for this team, it’s fun to speculate and it’s fun to guess. That statement will not offend most of this forum, except the one.

But when you claim you’re better than an NFL FO and get really defensive about it while providing no tangible proof to support your credibility other than blanket statements, yeah.... No one’s gonna take you seriously.