• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wouldn’t normally do this but I highly recommend the most recent episode of the lounge podcast with mink and downing because they get Greg roman in and actually ask him questions about how they rebuild the offence from scratch and that process and what it might look like and what their aims for it are

It illuminated a fair few things that are relevant to how we draft, why offensive draft picks have maybe struggled on the the ravens and why hurst had early season struggles and why his opportunities were lower, interesting thoughts too on mobile qbs and injuries

Really interesting nuggets littered all over the interview - so much so that nfl.com did a write up on it too

I will say that I understand why decosta might be more of a fan of roman than Marty - Romans really analytically aware and intelligent in the way he uses stats to illustrate trends or false trends
could you post it please, I keep finding the wrong one.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Does anyone have this nagging and unfounded suspicion that we’re gonna wake up one day in March to the news that the ravens quietly and unexpectedly signed leveon bell overnight?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Bell and Brown go to Niners and Jimmy G looks like a HoF while the imposters in Connor and JuJu get half the yards and TDs as Ben cries himself to sleep over the medias calls that he is washed up.

I can get behind this. This thought made my night
Idk.. some people tend to think that juju is a better wr

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk.. some people tend to think that juju is a better wr

And those people would be wrong. Juju is great and all (I wish we had drafted him), but Brown is almost impossible to cover one-on-one. The only WRs that can really make an argument for being better are Hopkins and Julio. Juju isn't quite on that level yet.

ILB Brandon Marshall released by the Broncos. If we needed a good cover LB without losing a comp pick this is the moment and this is our guy.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
ILB Brandon Marshall released by the Broncos. If we needed a good cover LB without losing a comp pick this is the moment and this is our guy.
I don't like this move. I can see Elway now going after Mosley or at least rising Mosleys price

I don't like this move. I can see Elway now going after Mosley or at least rising Mosleys price
They only have 18 mil in cap space as of now tho. They might get some back after cutting/trading Keenum but I don't think we can really consider them competitors.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t see it happening tbh. There’s no way Elway isn’t doing everything in his power to strengthen the QBs supporting cast, whether it’s flacco or a draft pick, he’s gonna wanna put that guy in a solid situation and his OL is ass and his targets are pretty weak too. He can’t risk another shitty/unpromising season from a qb standpoint.