• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

Wow! I really thought they would get somethIng done with Mosley. I mean he is one of Ozzie’s Bama boys. I guess Decosta is not going to waste any time putting his signature on this team.

So long CJ!

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Wow! I really thought they would get somethIng done with Mosley. I mean he is one of Ozzie’s Bama boys. I guess Decosta is not going to waste any time putting his signature on this team.

So long CJ!
I don't think Ozzie would've paid Mosley 17 million per year either.

I don't think Ozzie would've paid Mosley 17 million per year either.

Yeah maybe not but there is going to be a huge void in leadership on that D with Mosley and Weddle both gone.

It’s early yet though and we’ll see how things progress over next few months.

We have to be patient but it’s hard when you see important pieces of the team going away. I’m not buying that our replacements at the positions we’re losing are currently in house. The market for quality players is increasing and were possibly going to need to adjust our thinking.

Simba

Staff Member
We have to be patient but it’s hard when you see important pieces of the team going away. I’m not buying that our replacements at the positions we’re losing are currently in house. The market for quality players is increasing and were possibly going to need to adjust our thinking.

I think that adjustment is taking place now. DeCosta clearly seems focused on getting guys extended early, judging by the reports that Stanley, Judon, and Pierce are all extension priorities. It sucks to see Mosley go, but I think this just furthers the adjustment to get guys done early.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
17m is way more than I thought he would get (figured it was a debate between 14 or 15),but now they need to use that money to make a big splash at S and C.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think that adjustment is taking place now. DeCosta clearly seems focused on getting guys extended early, judging by the reports that Stanley, Judon, and Pierce are all extension priorities. It sucks to see Mosley go, but I think this just furthers the adjustment to get guys done early.
Nothing stops these players to hold on and refuse to sign early extensions, though. Maybe fear of injury but that's it.

Simba

Staff Member
Nothing stops these players to hold on and refuse to sign early extensions, though. Maybe fear of injury but that's it.

For sure. It seems that's where priorities have shifted though, which is a good thing.

I'm going through Zrebiec's twitter now out of curiosity, and it sounds like the Ravens didn't even approach Mosley with an actual offer on an extension until after this season, which is just inexcusable. Even if the player refuses, at least it seems the effort is there.

jboy19

Pro Bowler

I think the bigger issue is lackluster GMs that draft poorly (Maccagnan, Lynch) always giving out huge FA contracts to make up for their own mistakes. Not a single GM was fired last year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
For sure. It seems that's where priorities have shifted though, which is a good thing.

I'm going through Zrebiec's twitter now out of curiosity, and it sounds like the Ravens didn't even approach Mosley with an actual offer on an extension until after this season, which is just inexcusable. Even if the player refuses, at least it seems the effort is there.
during the season or after doesn't matter. There is plenty of time and could have been a distraction during the season. There were reports they spoke prior to the season though.

Simba

Staff Member
during the season or after doesn't matter. There is plenty of time and could have been a distraction during the season. There were reports they spoke prior to the season though.

Zrebiec is saying they spoke, but offer was made or anything. More of a feeling out process.