• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The method to Decosta’s madness : Get younger or die.

I agree with letting everyone go that is gone .

Maybe we don’t make the playoffs next year , but we must get younger .

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Actually he is. John Brown would have 1,000+ receiving yards if not for Lamar Jackson starting at quarterback. He's really a playmaker and great route runner as well.
Nonsense . He went to sleep after a few games with Flacco after teams got used to him .m

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But if the arc of the market is what we're seeing, I think guys are going to be reluctant to take those extensions. Why not wait and get the big payday they have seen their colleagues get by waiting it out?

Because there’s no security or money in Year 3/4 of the rookie contracts really - why not take that money and hit free agency again a year earlier than you would have originally - especially if you’re a player who’s had an injury at some point

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont know that that's true with sizzle - he's been an impact player all year - the sack numbers went down but the production and play level really didnt - i mean it depends on what money he wants but i cant see getting rid of him just because he's old given the level he was playing at
Name one game changing play Suggs made all season ! Like the Mosley Browns pick . There were many games you never heard his name.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Eric’s already in hot shit. I don’t care how impressive this draft ends up being, you don’t let go 4 of the 5 most popular and liked players on the team when you just won the division. I got not over paying for Mosley and zds but why your telling me I could chose between Boyle for 3 and Suggs and weddle for one more each??
And if we sign Ingram I’m going to want to puke. We don’t have anything at free safety and we don’t have a second rounder.

What really pisses me the fuck off us we did nothing on the offensive line. That’s some place you can over pay for. Now we have an aged line no receivers and one pick we have to nail.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im going to keep this short. We are not going to be relevent next year. Thanks eric. Theres a fine line between right player and right price and totally obsessed with cap. This is a win now league. There are no dynasties outide of the patriots. Teams are good for 3-4 year period at best.

The highight of our offseason? Resignjng nick boyle and possibly mark ingram? Frankly he shouldnt have bothered with either. Just tank the season because we are not touching the browns.

Just hord your ever so precious 3 and 4 round compensantoey picks and go orgasmic over your alex lewis and willie henry.

Im going to keep this short. We are not going to be relevent next year. Thanks eric. Theres a fine line between right player and right price and totally obsessed with cap. This is a win now league. There are no dynasties outide of the patriots. Teams are good for 3-4 year period at best.

The highight of our offseason? Resignjng nick boyle and possibly mark ingram? Frankly he shouldnt have bothered with either. Just tank the season because we are not touching the browns.

Just hord your ever so precious 3 and 4 round compensantoey picks and go orgasmic over your alex lewis and willie henry.
Wait I swear to God you said you’d have respect for Eric if he passed on Mosley and that was back when speculation was 14 maybe 15 mil per. What now that he got 17 you think we should have matched it? I’m confused.