• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

Jbwnbf

Practice Squad
Former Seahawks’ S Earl Thomas intends to sign a four-year, $55 million deal that includes $32 million fully guaranteed at signing with the Baltimore Ravens, league source tells ESPN. Deal includes $22 million in first nine months.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
There’s a lot of FA left. The worst news is not getting a guy like Thomas but hopefully we can get him. That would be awful if CLE gets him
Yes, I’m so happy we have Thomas. Best FS in the NFL and we got Ingram? I’m happy with both options. We finally can solve our problems with the middle of the field. It’s about time we have a true FS again.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes, I’m so happy we have Thomas. Best FS in the NFL and we got Ingram? I’m happy with both options. We finally can solve our problems with the middle of the field. It’s about time we have a true FS again.
The upgrade over Weddle is huge ! I guarantee you Thomas doesn’t go the whole season without a pick .

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Matt Paradis and Earl Thomas were the two guys on my wish list and it looks like we are getting Earl. Now this made my day!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Earl thomas is special. One of those guys who’ll be great till the day he retires.

Can we bring bobby wagner in too?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The upgrade over Weddle is huge ! I guarantee you Thomas doesn’t go the whole season without a pick .
This type of stat is ridiculous. It shows you really aren't payinig attention to the nuances of the game and how important the player is at calling the plays or lining the DBs up in the right position. Weddle had 10 interceptions in his 3 yrs here. That is more than Earl Thomas has had over the 2014-17 (4 seasons). No question Earl Thomas is the better player, but to say he had 3 PDs and no Ints and decide he sucks as a player is absurd.

I m a bit more optimistic than I was this morning. Love both of these signings. Ingram is getting a bit long in the tooth for a RB but for the money he is a good get. He should team well with Edwards and Dixon.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
This type of stat is ridiculous. It shows you really aren't payinig attention to the nuances of the game and how important the player is at calling the plays or lining the DBs up in the right position. Weddle had 10 interceptions in his 3 yrs here. That is more than Earl Thomas has had over the 2014-17 (4 seasons). No question Earl Thomas is the better player, but to say he had 3 PDs and no Ints and decide he sucks as a player is absurd.
Those stats are telling sorry . It’s why he was released . Weddle stunk this past season

Wow - what a nice tone compared to what we had at the end of the day yesterday. I admit I was hoping for Bell, but at that time, the $13M and assumed $7.5-$8M price tag on Ingram influence my thinking. Given the actual price and term for Ingram has me feeling a whole lot better.

But Thomas news is the bomb.

IMO the best fit of all the available safeties for us was reported to be going to the Browns. That news, after hearing they had OBJ, was a gut punch. The fact that we have who I wanted and the Browns don't - that's a double hooray.

Thomas will clearly be the guy we need to provide leadership on the D. If we can patch the hole left by Mosley and get help off the edge, this D is still top 5. That secondary of ours is sick - they were already one of the best in the league - but Thomas is an upgrade over Weddle, so they should remain at the top again.

We know - Weddle was not worthless like some suggest. He was a great leader, but I think Thomas can be that too. Weddle lost more than a step physically and his tackling had started suffering to some degree. It remains to be seen how Thomas bounces back from injury, but I certainly consider this an upgrade - perhaps even a somewhat significant one.

I know we need additional help off the edge, but any edge rusher should be thrilled to come here because our coverage is going to give opportunity to get after the QB.

we should have known when it was *** saying the browns were interested - turns out they never were
Ah the misinformation during this time of year is mind-boggling. These insiders get whatever agents want to feed them, which often times is BS to try and pump their client's value. So goes the game.