• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
harbs expects kaare vedvik to kick well enough this offseason that we'll be able to trade him - has already been back training all through last season - says we probably could have traded him last year before the incident
Worked well for the Saints with Wil Lutz, some team could bite

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
The worst part of Harbaugh's interview: He expects Matt Skura to take a step forward. They want to bring in competition on the interior offensive line.
No, please EDC just cut Skura and move on. I don't want to let a promising rookie sit on the bench for another season.
They're also planning to draft a shifty home running-hitting back
I'm gonna fucking kms

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
A number of coaches have told Harbs that they were gonna go hard after nick boyle in free agency if he got there and looking at the money some of those lesser guys got in free agency id say we probably got him at a bargain despite how annoyingly big the money looks even so
giphy.gif

GET RID OF HIM. He has no fucking upside and he's not a good player. We need to stop settling for mediocre BS. Skura has no upside. He's a lousy starter and in this scheme I wouldn't even want him as a backup. We need to stop having a justifiable excuse to keep him. Harbaugh always does this and we hold onto players that we should've quit awhile ago. Skura held us back big time

rossihunter2

Staff Member
oh also forgot to mention but harbs confirmed he knew some receivers (plural) had gone to work with lamar in florida as well as some non-ravens also...

says he doesnt know who (with regards to the other receivers) - didnt elaborate on who from the ravens but we know lasley and willie snead have been there

anyone know if chris moore's been there or any of the tight ends?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is the one draft where I would not oppose a LOT of trade backs. there is great value in the 2nd and 3rd and even 4th round here.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I can’t believe harbaugh is talking this horseshit about skura. If we pass on this excellent C talent in this draft and move ahead with skura and the IOL tanks our fucking season like they did in the WC game, then I’m gonna be done with harbaugh. I was willing to see it out with a new qb and gm but it’s already looking like the same old shit.

Hopefully it’s just coach speak and smoke screens. While harbaugh does have a terrible habit of clinging onto his lionhearted fellas, he’s also a coachspeak and smokescreen mastermind come free agency and draft time. Like we’re in a bidding war with the jets and colts for bell, we want tyrann Matthieu, and then BOOM we were never interested and Earl Thomas signs with us completely out of nowhere with zero buzz before the signing, we’re rolling forward with flacco and then bam, trade up for lamar. I really wanna see wtf we do about the line because harbaugh just CANT be okay with skura after that wild card game, that game was a microcosm and perfect representation of his entire career with us.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
actually skura wasn't the issue in the wild card game

it was JAMES FUCKING HURST

PFF supports this..he had the worst grade in the history of PFF at LG

the grade in that game was

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
That $645,000 Skura is getting paid this year could be used to go towards better training equipment or another staff member of the team.... Just saying. Both in which would be better investments for the short and long term.

Yeah. A fucking treadmill is more useful to the team right now than Skura. Yes, I went there.

Reactions: cdp

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

No question Hurst and Skura need to be replaced.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Skura actually had one of his better games per PFF. Hurst was absolutely awful.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I can’t believe harbaugh is talking this horseshit about skura. If we pass on this excellent C talent in this draft and move ahead with skura and the IOL tanks our fucking season like they did in the WC game, then I’m gonna be done with harbaugh. I was willing to see it out with a new qb and gm but it’s already looking like the same old shit.

Hopefully it’s just coach speak and smoke screens. While harbaugh does have a terrible habit of clinging onto his lionhearted fellas, he’s also a coachspeak and smokescreen mastermind come free agency and draft time. Like we’re in a bidding war with the jets and colts for bell, we want tyrann Matthieu, and then BOOM we were never interested and Earl Thomas signs with us completely out of nowhere with zero buzz before the signing, we’re rolling forward with flacco and then bam, trade up for lamar. I really wanna see wtf we do about the line because harbaugh just CANT be okay with skura after that wild card game, that game was a microcosm and perfect representation of his entire career with us.
you need to be patient. Do we need to lock you in the same room with Lost.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

Even I who would release Skura in a heartbeat wouldn’t be worried. We did the same shit last year and still drafted Brown Jr. Granted where Harbaugh tucked up was starting Hurst anyways(even if Brown was clearly better).

We’ll draft McCoy or Jenkins and bench him for 8 games until Skura gets hurt