• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That $645,000 Skura is getting paid this year could be used to go towards better training equipment or another staff member of the team.... Just saying. Both in which would be better investments for the short and long term.

Yeah. A fucking treadmill is more useful to the team right now than Skura. Yes, I went there.

That doesn’t come off our cap tbf - that extra money affects literally no one except the nfl and skura - he gets extra money but it doesn’t impact on the cap at all (it’s not like an accelerator that some draft picks get if they out perform their contract - which does affect the cap)

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
With my background is Psych. Suh is probably a sociopath (antisocial personality disorder). Do you want him on our team? Me? No.

And there is a vast army of people dying to see him fail. We are not a widely popular team and two of our closest enemies the Steelers and Pats are. People who steadfastly believe a QB with the ability to run are destine to fail. Lots of football analysts have claimed that he will not be able to correct his deficiencies in the passing game and those guys don’t like being wrong. So every failing will have a light shining brightly on it. And since he is entering his first full season as a starter failings are something everyone should expect to some extent.

And of course there are people within his own fan base who will call him a dumbass because of his not being the most articulate dude in the league (which is not the only indicator on intelligence). So imagine what his enemies will have to say.

Oh yeah - he’s gonna need some thick skin but I think he knows that already and is hopefully prepared to let his legs and arm (and one day not necessarily in that order) do the talking.

Well hopefully those dying to see him fail are not ravens fans. Outside of that who cares? I’m just saying that being a QB in the NFL is tough business. If you’re not winning championships eventually you will be held accountable. Especially after he signs that big contract. Just ask Joe. He got to the playoffs 6 times, went to 2 AFCC games, and won a SB, and was trashed by his own fan base relentlessly after 2014.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I didn't want to do it but I think 've come around to the idea of drafting a wideout at 22 over interior line. There is only one receiver I would take and at this point it would surprise me a little if he's available when we are on the clock. Hakeem Butler. I'm going Lindstrom or another interior prospect well before any of the other receivers in round one.
100% agree and welcome to #teamButler. On another note, I heard rumours that Yanda might retire or at least he's heavily considering it. That would pretty much force us to draft Lindstrom or a C.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If Yanda retires we are ultra fucked and are probably going to have to tripe dip on the oline. For all of our sakes let's hope he stays another year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
100% agree and welcome to #teamButler. On another note, I heard rumours that Yanda might retire or at least he's heavily considering it. That would pretty much force us to draft Lindstrom or a C.

any sources?
all indications to the team so far have been that he'll continue and they are expecting him to continue

EDIT: dw i saw that it was schraeger - that's worrying because he has the pulse and connections in our building

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So Yanda is supposedly considering retirement.
I think he would've done it by now but words cannot describe how ultra fucked we are. The interior line is a joke with him, a future hall of famer.

I hope he stays, but he deserves it if he retires. He has his ring and several all pro teams on his resume. He's a hall of famer and ring of honor member no doubt.

If this is his last season..... Then let's actually get him some help. Please

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
any sources?
all indications to the team so far have been that he'll continue and they are expecting him to continue
There's been a couple of posts from fan Instagrams which makes me skeptical but he is 35. It wouldn't be unheard of.

I think he's on for one more season. But if not.... Ha, we're fucked

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hoping yanda stays for 1 more. WR and Guard have to be on top of the list

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
i saw all those accounts all through free agency - the only thing that worries me is that they all seem to be tagging or referring to Peter Schraeger...
Yeah, Schraeger as a source got me. But I haven't found anything on Schrager's twitter or on google in general.