• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
According to Schefter we've signed Seth Roberts. No idea whether he's any good or not.

Ravens are signing former Raiders' WR Seth Roberts to a one-year deal, per source.

seth roberts: cap cut, probably cheap, decent downfield blocker, case of the dropsies, decent speed out of the slot- good off the line, not great route craft downfield but makes the occasional big play

he's another warm body and we were running short of them - he had more yards last year than chris moore has for his entire career - he's been a 400-500 yards/season guy since he came into the league

also he's consistently made plays against the ravens so i guess we probably see him at his best so we're hoping we keep seeing him at his best lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like Samuel quite a bit it’s just his injury history worries me with this team. He’d be a great pick though. I also like J.J. Arcega-Whiteside a lot as well. I’m not a huge fan of Butler nor Metcalf
I actually like all the Receivers in your post, but agree Samuel has me nervous due to his injury history. I do believe JJAW will be very good at the next level. However I'm a fan of both Butler and Metcalf and feel if Metcalf is used properly, meaning focus on what he can do, such as Verticals, Posts, Curls and Slants. He also can run diggs, which the OC at Ole Miss never called for any of the receivers. I feel Butler has the chance to be a high end number two receiver in this league. He does need to work on his concentration, but damn does he make some amazing catches. He also doesn't have any route limitations.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually like all the Receivers in your post, but agree Samuel has me nervous due to his injury history. I do believe JJAW will be very good at the next level. However I'm a fan of both Butler and Metcalf and feel if Metcalf is used properly, meaning focus on what he can do, such as Verticals, Posts, Curls and Slants. He also can run diggs, which the OC at Ole Miss never called for any of the receivers. I feel Butler has the chance to be a high end number two receiver in this league. He does need to work on his concentration, but damn does he make some amazing catches. He also doesn't have any route limitations.

Dammit man. We don't want a high end #2. With our #22 pick we gotta at least score...….. a low end #1.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
AB taking shots at Juju. Hilarious.
JuJu back to AB

c7811355cfb28f57e6e138e7419a7ff1.jpg

Simba

Staff Member
I kind of dig 44 solely because he has a chance to make it his own. I usually hate when good players get shitty numbers, but I don't know, I kind of like this one.