• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
IMG_20190409_151423.jpg

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1115675810378153984?s=19

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have found another amazing and unbelievable stat:
Coming into last season, Marshal Yanda had allowed just one sack since 2015, per @PFF. In 2018, he logged the most regular-season snaps among guards (1,162) at 34-years-old and allowed 15 pressures and 0 sacks.

Simba

Staff Member
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 26m26 minutes ago
Jets are signing former Packers’ RB Ty Montgomery to a one-year deal, per source. Montgomery expected to be the back to Le’Veon Bell.

101 replies 360 retweets 1,189 likes

Actually quite surprised he ended up getting signed this early. Not convinced this will be much more than the minimum, but could be enough to cancel out Bethel and return our 4th round comp pick. No guarantees until we see the numbers, but a positive development at least.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Actually quite surprised he ended up getting signed this early. Not convinced this will be much more than the minimum, but could be enough to cancel out Bethel and return our 4th round comp pick. No guarantees until we see the numbers, but a positive development at least.

i think this likely gets us back our 4th because seth roberts doesnt count in the formula...

im really surprised brent urban hasnt signed anywhere...

Simba

Staff Member
i think this likely gets us back our 4th because seth roberts doesnt count in the formula...

im really surprised brent urban hasnt signed anywhere...

The DL market in general didn't really develop. Still lots of quality players out there. Guessing teams are just willing to wait to see how the draft unfolds at this point.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
So Montgomery was just signed by the Jets. Anyone know how this affects our comp situation. He probably cancels out Justin Bethel right?

Simba

Staff Member
So Montgomery was just signed by the Jets. Anyone know how this affects our comp situation. He probably cancels out Justin Bethel right?

It'll depend on the amount. If he gets the minimum salary benefit, he won't count in the formula at all. I would think there's a real chance that's what he got.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
It'll depend on the amount. If he gets the minimum salary benefit, he won't count in the formula at all. I would think there's a real chance that's what he got.
yeah but Bethel basically got the minimum too so I figure it should be about even