• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah this one will definitely be questionable. Rodney Gunter got a little over $1M, and Tyeler Davison just signed for close to the minimum. Urban is likely lumped in with them. Not convinced it'll be enough.
Hopefully Dean did us one last favor and gave him 5 million a year just to help us out one more time. Come on, Dean!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Don't be surprised if Powers actually as a rookie takes that starting LG spot. DeCosta said that he was going to come in a compete for that spot. Now I understand what Harbs does with rookies, but he cannot be OK with happened there last year. If Powers is legit, which I think he is, he should be given every opportunity

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Don't be surprised if Powers actually as a rookie takes that starting LG spot. DeCosta said that he was going to come in a compete for that spot. Now I understand what Harbs does with rookies, but he cannot be OK with happened there last year. If Powers is legit, which I think he is, he should be given every opportunity

harbaugh.vresize.1200.630.high.0.jpg

How dare you question the heart of lions.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Agreed. I don’t understand the hate powers is getting

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Agreed. I don’t understand the hate powers is getting

Honestly I kind of overlooked him a little. Then after picking him I watched him a little bit and was pleasently surprised. I think because OK has just had a consistently good, but unspectacular line outside of Orlando in recent memory, he just didn't get the hype he deserves

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Honestly I kind of overlooked him a little. Then after picking him I watched him a little bit and was pleasently surprised. I think because OK has just had a consistently good, but unspectacular line outside of Orlando in recent memory, he just didn't get the hype he deserves
I think Big12 OL don’t get much recognition in general because they face horrible defenders. Like I’ll bet the total number of Big12 defenders drafted this year is under 20.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I know it's too early, this is mostly just an accounting exercise for me.

QB
1 Lamar
2 RG3
3 Trace

RB
4 Gus
5 Mark
6 Kenneth
7 Justice

FB
Could be Pat but I assume not

TE
8 Hayden
9 Mark
10 Nick

WR
11 Hollywood
12 Miles
13 Chris
14 Willie
15 Seth
16 Jordan
Looks like curtains for Jaleel

OL
17 Ronnie
18 Ben
19 Bradley
20 Marshall
21 Orlando
22 James
23 Alex
24 Matt
25 Jermaine

S
26 Tony
27 Earl
28 Deshon
29 Anthony
30 Chuck

CB
31 Jimmy
32 Brandon
33 Marlon
34 Anthony
35 Tavon
36 Iman
37 Maurice
38 Cyrus
39 Justin

ILB
40 Peanut
41 Kenny
42 Chris

OLB
43 Matthew
44 Timmy
45 Tyus
46 Jaylon

DL
47 Brandon
48 Michael
49 Chris
50 Zach
51 Daylon
52 Willie

WOLFPACK
55 (I know this is over)

Obviously all of those corners can't make the team plus there are going to be injuries and UDFAs plus cuts, but this roster looks freaking strong guys.

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I know it's too early, this is mostly just an accounting exercise for me.

QB
1 Lamar
2 RG3
3 Trace

RB
4 Gus
5 Mark
6 Kenneth
7 Justice

FB
Could be Pat but I assume not

TE
8 Hayden
9 Mark
10 Nick

WR
11 Hollywood
12 Miles
13 Chris
14 Willie
15 Seth
16 Jordan
Looks like curtains for Jaleel

OL
17 Ronnie
18 Ben
19 Bradley
20 Marshall
21 Orlando
22 James
23 Alex
24 Matt
25 Jermaine

S
26 Tony
27 Earl
28 Deshon
29 Anthony
30 Chuck

CB
31 Jimmy
32 Brandon
33 Marlon
34 Anthony
35 Tavon
36 Maurice
37 Iman
38 Maurice
39 Cyrus
40 Justin

ILB
41 Peanut
42 Kenny
43 Chris

OLB
44 Matthew
45 Timmy
46 Tyus
47 Jaylon

DL
48 Brandon
49 Michael
50 Chris
51 Zach
52 Daylon

WOLFPACK
55 (I know this is over)

Obviously all of those corners can't make the team plus there are going to be injuries and UDFAs plus cuts, but this roster looks freaking strong guys.
Do we have 2 Maurices?

Simba

Staff Member
Brent Urban reportedly 1 year, $2.2M. 4th round comp should be returned, pending a lot of that isn't bonus money.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
maurice canady is a waste of time.
yeah i think its time we take our shiny new toys in averett and marshall and pull the plug on the canady experiment. he was a 6th round project with a lot of length and some alright ball skills, but he basically converted to safety after 1 year and clearly doesnt have a future there with usm

Simba

Staff Member
yeah i think its time we take our shiny new toys in averett and marshall and pull the plug on the canady experiment. he was a 6th round project with a lot of length and some alright ball skills, but he basically converted to safety after 1 year and clearly doesnt have a future there with usm

Prior to the Earl Thomas signing, I think Canady's only shot was a move to S full time. Now, it'd take a few injuries for him to make it.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This team is 1 center and 1 inside linebacker away from being a team with no holes. The iLB spot isn't even that bad I bet. Also depending on what we do with Bozeman, C might not be too bad.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This team is 1 center and 1 inside linebacker away from being a team with no holes. The iLB spot isn't even that bad I bet. Also depending on what we do with Bozeman, C might not be too bad.

our wr is unproven. so are our pass rushers