• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ok, @Truth no more trades. You win!

raw

Simba

Staff Member
@Sandtown is on the clock, but as mentioned, hasn't been online in a week. Guess it stops our progress. I'm next in line so I assume I'll be making my pick in the morning barring a surprise.

Simba

Staff Member
I assume I'm not the only one who has had trouble accessing the site for the past 2 hours or so?

Simba

Staff Member
As far as my Kaden Elliss pick goes, I wasn't really expecting to pick another LBer, but the tape I could find (which was mostly cutups on Twitter) was too good to say no. I had been looking for some edge rusher depth for the past few rounds and I've yet to find anyone that I really like. In doing some searches, I was introduced to Elliss, who has become a hot name recently due to all of his visits. I see why. He's an athletic marvel. He's yet another body that fits best as a 4-3 SLB/OTTO for me, but with his burst, bend, and hand usage, I strongly believe he could put his hand in the dirt and rush from DE in obvious passing situations despite being underweight. The guy has even played TE for Idaho, so there's a lot to like with him.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think I accomplished most of what I went out to do in the 2019 Forum Mock. The 49ers needed to improve the Safety, Defensive Back and Linebacker positions. I was also able to strengthen an already strong position along the Defensive Line and get younger on the offensive line.

Round 1 Pick 12 D. K. Metcalf WR 2
Round 1 Pick 23 Byron Murphy CB 2
Round 2 Pick 13 Jeffery Simmons DT 1
Round 2 Pick 17 Rock Ya-Sin CB 0.5
Round 3 Pick 3 Yodny Cajuste OT 0.5
Round 3 Pick 12 David Montgomery RB 0.5
Round 3 Pick 13 Tytus Howard OT 0.5
Round 4 Pick 18 Blake Cashman ILB 0.5
Round 5 Pick 12 Brett Rypien QB 0.5
Round 5 Pick 26 Antoine Wesley WR 0.5
Round 5 Pick 32 Bryce Love RB 0.5
Round 6 Pick 6 Greg Gaines DT 0.5
Round 6 Pick 23 Phil Haynes OG 0.5
Round 6 Pick 24 Trevon Tate OG 0.5
Round 6 Pick 40 Shareef Miller OLB 0.5

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
As far as my Kaden Elliss pick goes, I wasn't really expecting to pick another LBer, but the tape I could find (which was mostly cutups on Twitter) was too good to say no. I had been looking for some edge rusher depth for the past few rounds and I've yet to find anyone that I really like. In doing some searches, I was introduced to Elliss, who has become a hot name recently due to all of his visits. I see why. He's an athletic marvel. He's yet another body that fits best as a 4-3 SLB/OTTO for me, but with his burst, bend, and hand usage, I strongly believe he could put his hand in the dirt and rush from DE in obvious passing situations despite being underweight. The guy has even played TE for Idaho, so there's a lot to like with him.
Good pick. I've just started watching it. Likely would have been my next selection. There has also been a lot of interest in him, so I feel like he goes a little earlier than this.

Simba

Staff Member
Good pick. I've just started watching it. Likely would have been my next selection. There has also been a lot of interest in him, so I feel like he goes a little earlier than this.

Yep that was kind of my thought. I know he's really a product of pro day hype, but when you get as many last minute private visits as he has, I think it's forgone that someone is going to pull the trigger on him before other teams get the chance to do so. Reminds me a lot of my Tarvarius Moore pick last year - blew up his pro day, got a ton of visits, and ended up going in the 3rd. Not sure Elliss goes in the 3rd, but I don't think the first half of day 3 is out of the question.

Simba

Staff Member
I was wondering when Rodney Anderson would be off the board. I had him undraftable for health reasons, but talent wise, he's pretty damn good.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Yep that was kind of my thought. I know he's really a product of pro day hype, but when you get as many last minute private visits as he has, I think it's forgone that someone is going to pull the trigger on him before other teams get the chance to do so. Reminds me a lot of my Tarvarius Moore pick last year - blew up his pro day, got a ton of visits, and ended up going in the 3rd. Not sure Elliss goes in the 3rd, but I don't think the first half of day 3 is out of the question.
With all of those visits, I'd be surprised if he makes it out of the 4th, and a 3rd isn't out of the question based on what we've seen with Moore and others.