• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Simba

Staff Member
So, any chance we can get the UDFA signups rolling soon? I just checked back and last year, it looked like it took 4 days for everyone but Truth who just kept signing dudes lol. At our current pace, we're going to be cutting it incredibly close to the draft. I'd venture to guess that we might have to start pretty much immediately after the draft.

I see we also had a 6 hour clock. I know I might be in the minority, but it might be worth lowering that to try to get it done, too.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
So, any chance we can get the UDFA signups rolling soon? I just checked back and last year, it looked like it took 4 days for everyone but Truth who just kept signing dudes lol. At our current pace, we're going to be cutting it incredibly close to the draft. I'd venture to guess that we might have to start pretty much immediately after the draft.

I see we also had a 6 hour clock. I know I might be in the minority, but it might be worth lowering that to try to get it done, too.
lol Naturally, right? Yes, we will begin in immediately after the draft, and the sign ups will begin shortly. Perhaps today even. Eh, 6 hours is plenty short, especially in a voluntary period where we are normally minus the members that take extensive periods of time to choose.

Simba

Staff Member
lol Naturally, right? Yes, we will begin in immediately after the draft, and the sign ups will begin shortly. Perhaps today even. Eh, 6 hours is plenty short, especially in a voluntary period where we are normally minus the members that take extensive periods of time to choose.

Only reason I have my concerns with the 6 hours this year is (1) we're way behind schedule and (2) it's the 6 hour waits that have been killing us recently. Of course, the skips don't help, but it seems like we're been in a perpetual state of 6+ hour waits and runs of no more than 2-3 picks at a time. But yeah, hopefully those that do consistently run the clock choose not to participate.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Only reason I have my concerns with the 6 hours this year is (1) we're way behind schedule and (2) it's the 6 hour waits that have been killing us recently. Of course, the skips don't help, but it seems like we're been in a perpetual state of 6+ hour waits and runs of no more than 2-3 picks at a time. But yeah, hopefully those that do consistently run the clock choose not to participate.
You're exactly right. That's been one of the toughest things, is that a lot of these waits fall under than 10 hour blanket. But I think it's something that should be considered should there be a slow down. We were able to get through the vast majority of the UDFA process, essentially all of it, in three days. If we finish the draft by this weekend, we can start immediately and be finished with the entire process before the real draft begins. I feel like an immediate start is the necessary amendment to ensure a safe finish. Putting anything in place before we've had a chance to feel out the pace would feel like a panic move. Let's just keep it on the table in case we need it.

Simba

Staff Member
You're exactly right. That's been one of the toughest things, is that a lot of these waits fall under than 10 hour blanket. But I think it's something that should be considered should there be a slow down. We were able to get through the vast majority of the UDFA process, essentially all of it, in three days. If we finish the draft by this weekend, we can start immediately and be finished with the entire process before the real draft begins. I feel like an immediate start is the necessary amendment to ensure a safe finish. Putting anything in place before we've had a chance to feel out the pace would feel like a panic move. Let's just keep it on the table in case we need it.

Not going to lie - I have my doubts that we'll finish the draft by this weekend, which is the only reason there's a little "panic" from me. 4 picks in the last 24 hours, and we still have 36 picks to go. I see quite a few names in there that usually run the clock for several hours, too.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Not going to lie - I have my doubts that we'll finish the draft by this weekend, which is the only reason there's a little "panic" from me. 4 picks in the last 24 hours, and we still have 36 picks to go. I see quite a few names in there that usually run the clock for several hours, too.
So what you're saying is that I need more picks?

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Shannon Sharpe hasn't had this many near-Skip experiences. Let's get this thing moving. Do it for the boys.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'm not that bad, just caught me asleep for one of them (which for me lately is also rare).

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not that bad, just caught me asleep for one of them (which for me lately is also rare).
You've been good. The frustrating ones have been picks wherein someone's constantly OTC for 6+ hours and they don't pass their boards off, or ones where someone signs in, checks the thread, and disappears for hours. I saw someone do that last week where they were in the thread, inexplicably left, and then were skipped hours later. Those are the ones that are tough to sympathize with.

Simba

Staff Member
You've been good. The frustrating ones have been picks wherein someone's constantly OTC for 6+ hours and they don't pass their boards off, or ones where someone signs in, checks the thread, and disappears for hours. I saw someone do that last week where they were in the thread, inexplicably left, and then were skipped hours later. Those are the ones that are tough to sympathize with.

And it all ends up being a chain reaction. Few hour delay with an overseas member up next. Overseas member falls asleep right in the east coast prime time. Progress dead.

People just need to be more considerate of others. I know some people aren't as invested, but still, it takes a minute to check in, see when you're up, and plan accordingly.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'll be up until about 12-1 tonight, and will probably be around most of tomorrow, if anyone wants to leave their board with me.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Would've almost certainly had the chance to take Darrin Hall in UDFA since I doubt literally anyone knows about him. He might not even be my top ranked RB at this point. But I figured I wouldn't chance it with Bates going just before me. I think Hall is one of those late round RB prospects that could easily surprise at the next level. He hasn't been talked about at all, which is a shame in my eyes.