• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Simba

Staff Member
I haven't really talked about my UDFAs yet, so here we go. It's mostly Twitter cut up scouting at this point.

KeeSean Johnson - The testing numbers don't look great, but the tape does. He's a great route runner and definitely plays faster than the underwear olympics times. I'm honestly not convinced he's that far off from Riley Ridley, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he goes undrafted. Hands are great and he should carve out a role at some point in his career, even if he never becomes a star.

Darwin Thompson - My tiny RB of the year. His contact balance is insane for a guy that small. He doesn't have the long speed but he's shifty and can break off chunks both as a runner and in the passing game. He'll never be a 3 down guy, but should be a nice committee guy. He's not Phillip Lindsay, but I wasn't letting this one get away this year.

Tyler Roemer - If it wasn't for his suspension and subsequent departure from SDSU, he'd be a lock to get drafted. He's got some rawness to him but his movement and size can't be taught. He might need a year on a PS, but I'll take my chances that a coach can unlock his potential and clean up the red flags.

Ashton Dulin - He comes from a tiny D2 school, but dominated the competition. He played in a myriad of roles and put up great testing numbers. He hasn't had much coaching on his routes (obviously), but he should be a fun little project to take on.

BJ Autry - What a massive dude. It's not all good weight, but he's surprisingly athletic and plays to the whistle every single time. This one might actually be one of my favorites. If a coach can get a hold of him, work on his technique a bit, and keep his weight down, he could be a monster.

Blace Brown - He's got everything you want in a CB, except speed. There are reports that he wasn't 100% running his 40 and going through the other testing, but there's still a lot to like there. I think he'll likely end up in the slot with his IQ and hip fluidity, where that long speed isn't as big of a factor.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd appreciate if everyone goes onto the UDFA big board and add in the players they have signed. I have added columns for 3 rounds. @Truth and I are not adding in everyones selected players.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I haven't really talked about my UDFAs yet, so here we go. It's mostly Twitter cut up scouting at this point.

KeeSean Johnson - The testing numbers don't look great, but the tape does. He's a great route runner and definitely plays faster than the underwear olympics times. I'm honestly not convinced he's that far off from Riley Ridley, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he goes undrafted. Hands are great and he should carve out a role at some point in his career, even if he never becomes a star.

Darwin Thompson - My tiny RB of the year. His contact balance is insane for a guy that small. He doesn't have the long speed but he's shifty and can break off chunks both as a runner and in the passing game. He'll never be a 3 down guy, but should be a nice committee guy. He's not Phillip Lindsay, but I wasn't letting this one get away this year.

Tyler Roemer - If it wasn't for his suspension and subsequent departure from SDSU, he'd be a lock to get drafted. He's got some rawness to him but his movement and size can't be taught. He might need a year on a PS, but I'll take my chances that a coach can unlock his potential and clean up the red flags.

Ashton Dulin - He comes from a tiny D2 school, but dominated the competition. He played in a myriad of roles and put up great testing numbers. He hasn't had much coaching on his routes (obviously), but he should be a fun little project to take on.

BJ Autry - What a massive dude. It's not all good weight, but he's surprisingly athletic and plays to the whistle every single time. This one might actually be one of my favorites. If a coach can get a hold of him, work on his technique a bit, and keep his weight down, he could be a monster.

Blace Brown - He's got everything you want in a CB, except speed. There are reports that he wasn't 100% running his 40 and going through the other testing, but there's still a lot to like there. I think he'll likely end up in the slot with his IQ and hip fluidity, where that long speed isn't as big of a factor.

Bj autry is definitely a guy I’ve been intrigued by but never actually done any proper study of

Simba

Staff Member
Bj autry is definitely a guy I’ve been intrigued by but never actually done any proper study of

Outside of a few bad reps, he did really well in the 1-on-1's at the Senior Bowl, which is always a good thing for a small school prospect who wasn't facing guys like that weekly. Hard to find tape on a lot of these guys these days, so you take what you can, and those were enough to intrigue me. Game cutups were pretty damn good, too. Just needs to lose a bit of the gut.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm here, sorry. Went through a bit of an emergency situation. About to make the picks in a little bit.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
@rossihunter2 I honestly didn't know that Ty Johnson was in this class. Didn't verify and paid for it. Had him on my radar since last year. Good signing.

Simba

Staff Member
Only had 1 player left on the Chiefs board and he said he’d be done after that, but I’ll let him make that final call obviously. Still room to edit and add 2 players as well if he decides to go that route.