• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Simba

Staff Member
Man there are still some players I like out there but I like where my roster stands. I'm throwing out minicamp invites like singles at a strip club.

Pat829

Practice Squad
Interesting fact on draft day: "In the past three years of the draft, every quarterback selected in the first round except Baker Mayfield joined his new team as a result of a draft-day trade."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Interesting fact on draft day: "In the past three years of the draft, every quarterback selected in the first round except Baker Mayfield joined his new team as a result of a draft-day trade."

that's not quite true - the jets traded up before draft day last year so both he and baker weren't draft day trades

likewise the rams and eagles in 2016 had traded into the 1 and 2 spots in the draft well before draft day

Pat829

Practice Squad
that's not quite true - the jets traded up before draft day last year so both he and baker weren't draft day trades

likewise the rams and eagles in 2016 had traded into the 1 and 2 spots in the draft well before draft day

There goes The Athletic, spreading fake news.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I hate judging players solely based on where they were drafted, and this feeling won't be going away any time soon. But if it's the only victory that we can achieve today, I can at least take solace in the fact that I recommended Darnell Savage to be taken in the 2nd, recommended Tytus Howard to be taken in the 3rd, and took L.J. Collier for Green Bay in the 4th, and all of them ended up going in the 1st round. By no means solidifies how they actually fare, but it's not a bad start.

regz1997

Practice Squad
I hate judging players solely based on where they were drafted, and this feeling won't be going away any time soon. But if it's the only victory that we can achieve today, I can at least take solace in the fact that I recommended Darnell Savage to be taken in the 2nd, recommended Tytus Howard to be taken in the 3rd, and took L.J. Collier for Green Bay in the 4th, and all of them ended up going in the 1st round. By no means solidifies how they actually fare, but it's not a bad start.
Agreed, I would not have anticipated Savage as the first safety off the board last night. I'm intrigued, given he fell to the Jags in the early 2nd in our mock. If Kyler Murray pans out for Arizona with little to no receiving help, I feel confident he would be a major boost to Jacksonville.

As you pointed out, it always takes time to judge players, but solely from last night, I think I got some very good value picks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agreed, I would not have anticipated Savage as the first safety off the board last night. I'm intrigued, given he fell to the Jags in the early 2nd in our mock. If Kyler Murray pans out for Arizona with little to no receiving help, I feel confident he would be a major boost to Jacksonville.

As you pointed out, it always takes time to judge players, but solely from last night, I think I got some very good value picks.

not only first safety but first DB of any kind - i had 11 dbs ahead of him (not that im right but there's some guys who i thought were absolute locks to go ahead of him)