• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Here's hoping that you @Simba picked up Shane Lechner in RFA/ST free agency, because he just retired. I can say he wasn't the 49ers punter.
But he was the punter of Oakland, who is the retirement home of the AFC..... So he kind of counts against you.

God hates the real life 49ers.. And that's why I still love god

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
You guys made me wake up in a very stressful way didn't you... Anyway, in another episode of "Jacquouille is going to build your damn DL", I made my pick.

Simba

Staff Member
Yep, as far as I can tell, blending with this class starts after the first maybe dozen players. In some other year most of these guys wouldn't even sniff anywhere near the first round. Some good mid range talent but very thin at the top.

Yeah you aren't kidding. When I scout, I usually group like guys together because that usually gives me an idea of what round I think they should go in. Right now, I keep scouting and it's pretty much just this giant mega group.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
DE: Chandler Jones, Chris Long, Kerry Hyder, Tyquan Lewis, Carol Phillips
DT: Geno Atkins, Margus Hunt, Denico Autry, Grover Stewart
DT: Zach Kerr, Hassan Ridgeway, Al Woods
DE: Jabaal Sheard, Kemoko Turay, Al-Quadin Muhammad

SAM: Sam Barr, Bruce Irvin, Zaire Franklin
MIKE: Mike Perryman, Anthony Walker, Skai Moore
WILL: Will Leonard, Matthew Adams

My biggest need by far going into the season was front seven. Pretty happy about that. I've upgraded every position here except for LDE and WILL LB. Atkins and Jones command double teams at all times and you won't be able to take both of them at the same time. Sheard isn't a slouch and can win one on one against RTs. Margus Hunt, Denico Autry, and Hassan Ridgeway can line up next to Atkins on pass rushing downs and put the heat on. Chris Long, Kerry Hyder, and Kemoko Turay will keep the defense fresh, and Barr/Irvin can line up on the edge in nickel situations...

That said.. Check the trade block thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have to say I'm going through withdrawal symptoms since I haven't had a trade in a couple days. So send me a trade offer, any trade offer.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm up next, but I'm working on some other stuff. If one of you that has my number can text me when I'm up, that'd be great. Otherwise, just tag me. I'll be checking in every so often.