• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm fucking hammered as shit right now, in the spirit of Jim Irsay(more like my dad took me out for happy hour and I realized I didn't have to pay tonight). I made an impulse decision after @Cowboysfan1's depth chart indicated that he had a much improved offensive line. For fear of losing my division, I decided to make an impulse buy on Everson Griffen.

Will I have buyers remorse in the morning? Absolutely!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Preparing for next year, in case Talib and/or Peters leave. I really wasn't sure where I was going to go with this pick, but Layne looks like an interesting corner. I know PFF isn't everything, but he got some good scores there and that kinda helped me make my choice. Now I have to go watch some videos on youtube and see how he looks.
Layne was a very good pick and is climbing up draft boards. I wouldn't be surprised to see him taken in the second round.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Miles Sanders is a great pickup @Truth at this point in the draft. He is one of the few backs in this class that has starter ability. Most likely gets drafted in the 2nd in the real draft.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Well now that I have found out that Griffen won't fuck my cap. I'm not as mad about the trade. Griffen and Jones had trouble consistently getting pressure last year, but I actually think they compliment each other extremely well and will benefit massively with a change of scenery. Especially with Geno Atkins on the team. I know the edge players struggled, but here's the thing. Atkins, Jones, and Griffen are all damn good run defenders and because of that, plus adding Anthony Barr, Perryman, and accounting for other players like Leonard on the roster. The run defense should be good enough to force a lot of third and longs.

At that point, I'll have some varying combination of Jones, Atkins, Griffen, Sheard, Hunt, Autry, Long, Ridgeway, Hyder, Turay, Barr, Leonard, and Irvin pin their ears back and then I can press to force more interceptions to Hooker. If not, I have pieces to help manufacture pressure. Bryce Callahan and James Bradburry were good blitzers from the secondary.

You're welcome Andrew Luck. Now celebrate. For the first time every you have a real defense.

giphy.gif

Now FUCKING SHAVE

Simba

Staff Member
when rosters are locked, it's just about the players that are on the roster. When players are traded it is based on the current numbers. Everson Griffin's base salary is 6.4m so he will count 6.5 stars. (not sure where you are getting 11 stars from?)

I don't mean this to screw you over @Lost_In_Translation but this can't be correct, right? The numbers should lock when the roster does. For instance, if Philip Rivers were to restructure/extend today, I don't see those savings in this game. Dom McRaven recognized no cap benefits when Girffen was restructured in real life. Why would things change when applied to a trade?

Just want to make sure there's no precedent set going forward.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don't mean this to screw you over @Lost_In_Translation but this can't be correct, right? The numbers should lock when the roster does. For instance, if Philip Rivers were to restructure/extend today, I don't see those savings in this game. Dom McRaven recognized no cap benefits when Girffen was restructured in real life. Why would things change when applied to a trade?

It's fine. If you do this I'll just blame @52520Andrew anyways

Simba

Staff Member
Unrelated, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe @Grim and the Ravens are on the clock until 3:58PM EST since the Panthers were on a 6 hour clock prior to the skip last night.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Miles Sanders is a great pickup @Truth at this point in the draft. He is one of the few backs in this class that has starter ability. Most likely gets drafted in the 2nd in the real draft.
Thank you kindly. Very much appreciate that. I do feel like he could start, which I honestly might need should Michel go down again.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator

It should be 11 Stars in this instance. It looks like it was restructured with the base being reduced and the active game bonuses being increased.

Simba

Staff Member
It should be 11 Stars in this instance. It looks like it was restructured with the base being reduced and the active game bonuses being increased.

Thanks for confirming. I know this Griffen one in particular was an interesting restructure due to his "off field issues" last year.