• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Baltimore Orioles

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I guess with a game that lasts 6 hours and 19 minutes, you are getting your money’s worth. I guess it was about 1:30am when it finished, although the remaining Angels fans would have preferred the win. I remember working those games, thinking damn I have to be at roll call early the next morning, somebody just win this damn game!!!

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Orioles set a new record of 10 straight games of multi homeruns in their victory over the Angels.

The progress of this team this season is amazing. We have a bright future with Elias in charge, maybe a big FA signing next year to speed up the rebuild? We'll end up with the second or third pick and not the first but I like what the team is doing.

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Orioles set a new record of 10 straight games of multi homeruns in their victory over the Angels.

The progress of this team this season is amazing. We have a bright future with Elias in charge, maybe a big FA signing next year to speed up the rebuild? We'll end up with the second or third pick and not the first but I like what the team is doing.

The hitting has been phenomenal and where did Wojo the pitcher come from. Hell of a pickup.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The hitting has been phenomenal and where did Wojo the pitcher come from. Hell of a pickup.
He was actually at Norfolk last year before leaving for Cleveland. I think this shows the impact that analytics are starting to have.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Wojo has played for 8 teams, including the O's before. I'm very happy with his last two starts, but I'm not buying it yet. We'll have to see how it goes with him.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Orioles took 3 out of 4 from the Angels, 2 of 3 from Boston and split their NL Interleague games with the Diamondbacks and Padres. I feel like we are going to ruin some team's playoff hopes come September. I think 2020 the Orioles could shock people if the offseason goes extremely well.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Nice come from behind win. It was especially nice to see Chris Davis get the go ahead RBI.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Astros looking pretty scary after the Greinke trade.

Also, what the hell happened to Wade Miley? 3.06 era in 126.2 innings?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Trey Mancini hit Home Run number 25, a career high in our blowout loss to the Blue Jays. So glad we didn't try trading him at the deadline, hopefully he'll stay an Oriole throughout the offseason and gets a nice long term contract.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
DC
@DanClarkSports

The #Orioles are on pace for 55 wins this season - 8 more than last. What Brandon Hyde has achieved with this young, inexperienced, group of players, has been quite encouraging. A 107-loss season is rarely a ‘pass’ mark in baseball, but in this case, I think it is. Discuss..

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I think if we don't prove we can actually have success with young arms in the farm system, it won't matter who is managing the team.

When that turns around, I will have real hope again.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I went to the game on Saturday. It was a great win thanks to Mancini's 4RBI's, a good challenge and some defense but kind of sad how empty the stadium was.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I don't think it is fair to call Davis a "cancer". A disappointment and underachiever, yes. Cancer, no.

Besides, they got their butts handed to them by a far superior team, of course they are frustrated.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
giphy.gif

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I guess the Orioles are the Jaguars of MLB, the team everyone brings up when it comes to relocation rumors. Apparently the Angelo family is eyeing to sell the team. The Orioles lease with Camden Yards is up in 2021 and the rumors of the Orioles moving to Nashville are the newest in the rumor mill that last time said the O's could move to Las Vegas.

Among potential Baltimore buyers whose names have surfaced: David Smith, executive chairman of Sinclair Broadcast Group; Raymond “Chip” Mason, founder and former chairman and CEO of the Legg Mason investment group; Jim Davis, founder of the Allegis Group staffing company, whose cousin is Ravens owner Steve Biscotti.

https://baltimorepostexaminer.com/n...ocal-buyer-to-step-up-to-the-plate/2019/08/11