• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Jaylon Ferguson and Miles Boykin

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
His 3 cone drill time was 6.77 which is actually real good for a guy his size. If anything its up to The Ravens wide receiver coach to teach him how to play faster on the football field because obviously the guy has the ability to seperate if his 3 cone drill time is as good as it is.
But if that quickness doesn’t show up on film then it’s... problematic

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Boykin really reminds me of Marques Colston looking at the film. And if you can get Marques Colston in the third that's a win. He will go down as one of the best players in NFL history who never made a pro bowl

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
guys who have tested similar to ferguson with huge college production ( 18 sacks for nate orchard etc) and kikaha.

The truth is that you cannot be an elite pass rusher without explosion, bend and agility. Matt Judon might be fergusons ceiling.

Judon isn't that great.

not lookin good

he's an old prospect too.

Fergusons SS and Cone time are actually worse than ANYONE on this list too.

Attachments

• D43DPXSW0AAFuD_.png
    D43DPXSW0AAFuD_.png
    51 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
guys who have tested similar to ferguson with huge college production ( 18 sacks for nate orchard etc) and kikaha.

The truth is that you cannot be an elite pass rusher without explosion, bend and agility. Matt Judon might be fergusons ceiling.

Judon isn't that great.

not lookin good

Yeah, and if you search little more, I bet for every one of hose you'll find one Mingo.
Then search a little more to find few Sizzles

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thing is sizzle had good bend and they were put off by his 4.8. The rest of his testing ? what was his cone or SS?

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Judon isn't that great.

not lookin good

The 3 come time is awful - every other testing trait is pretty much the mean for nfl players who test at the combine

But if you actually watch him do the 3 cone you’ll notice he slipped on the first one and so slowed down just to register a time - I’m not saying it would have been great but I don’t think that 3 cone is necessarily indicative of what his real time would be on that drill

All the other testing was right in line with the average for nfl edge guys

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
But if that quickness doesn’t show up on film then it’s... problematic

Even that could be fixed with proper coaching. I just dont see how a receiver with a 3 cone drill time of 6.77 cant learn how to better separate in the pros especially for a receiver that really didnt have alot of starting experience. Whatever issue Miles Boykins has its possible that The Ravens receiver coach David Culley can help with that.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Judon isn't that great.

not lookin good

I see the point you trying to make but Kikaha problem seem to be injuries . When he was on the field for The Saints he was productive but injuries seem to really hinder his ability to become the player The Saints envisioned.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Even that could be fixed with proper coaching. I just dont see how a receiver with a 3 cone drill time of 6.77 cant learn how to better separate in the pros especially for a receiver that really didnt have alot of starting experience. Whatever issue Miles Boykins has its possible that The Ravens receiver coach David Culley can help with that.
I’m not saying he can’t learn to separate better lol I’m just saying he has to, and he’s gotta play closer to his 3 cone time because as of now his 3 cone time looks like a flat out lie

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I see the point you trying to make but Kikaha problem seem to be injuries . When he was on the field for The Saints he was productive but injuries seem to really hinder his ability to become the player The Saints envisioned.

Steve Saunders is going to have a really important job with ferguson.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
and one more elephant in the room thing

Suggs was 20 when he broke the NCAA record and was one of the youngest guys in the draft
Ferguson is the same age as Bowser is now!