• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't mind grabbing him, but the injury history worries me.
Had a bicep, then knee. The thing that worries me is he looks lanky, then I automatically think NFL lineman will break him in half.

Really talented though - you can tell he has a plan on every rush. Sets the edge well, good vs run. Drops back when asked, too.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
One guy to take a look at is defensive lineman Neville Gallimore from the Raven's feeder school Oklahoma.
“The Canadian import who grew up playing soccer, basketball and volleyball moves up one spot from last year. He’s down to 305 pounds from 330, but he bench presses 500 pounds and squats 800. He cleans 405. The most impressive number of all is that he clocked a 4.76 in the 40. The fastest 300-pounder at this year’s NFL Scouting Combine — 303-pound Quinnen Williams — ran a 4.83, which is remarkable.”
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-dont-sleep-oklahoma-defense/

They have a few clips of him just embarrassing o-linemen and overwhelming people.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

TUA TAGOVAILOAQB, ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

Alabama junior QB Tua Tagovailoa (ankle) is nursing a high-ankle sprain, head coach Nick Saban said after Saturday's 35-13 win over Tennessee.
Tagovailoa (6'1/218) will be out "a week or two", Saban told sideline reporter Molly McGrath after the game. It appears Mac Jones will draw the start against Arkansas next Saturday, barring some sort of a miracle recovery, and then the Tide have a bye week before that titanic SEC West battle on Nov. 2 against LSU in Tuscaloosa. All eyes will be on Tua in the next three weeks leading up to that clash with the Bayou Bengals.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
PFF 2020 1st Round

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-...urrow-goes-no-1-overall-to-cincinnati-bengals

23. BALTIMORE RAVENS: EDGE CURTIS WEAVER, BOISE STATE
Weaver is a very Ravens-y edge rusher with exceptional power in his hands and the versatility to kick inside. He’s earning another elite pass-rushing grade this season while playing even more snaps. Weaver’s 36 pressures so far are the second-most in the country.
Mentioned him before this post. Hes perfect for our front. Dominant in all phases and only weakness that I've seen is double teams can wash him d ok n or he'll shoot the wrong gap. But hes a game wrecker from what I've seen. Consistantly gets in the opposition's backfield

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
finally got around to watching some curtis weaver and holy hell this kid is changing my bias against boise state defenders. this kid is REALLY good. as always i watch one game and post immediate thoughts before digging deeper but heres what i found vs colorado state:

erratic first step, he rushes from a lot of 2 point and it looks like he labors of the snap sometimes, and other times he really fires off. i feel like more 3 point rushes would help him a lot because the explosion is clearly there he just seems to have too much variance in his 2 point jump

great, and i cant overstate this, GREAT bend. excellent flexible hips to flatten the edge at the arc of the rush, when he gets a good jump its just over with, because he has that brian burns and derek barnett type of bend, where he just needs that 1 step so he can dip and square up to the qb. uses great length to aid his bend as well.

looks to be a clutch disengager, down rip is strong, swipes the arms well to stay clean and pairs the swipe with the shoulder dip.

strong and sudden jab steps for inside counters, doesnt rely much on inside counters though as he appears to trust his edge skills.

size and length.

finisher.

doesnt appear to be a quality OLB type of player though, i dont see quality edge setting or any semblance of gap integrity in the run game, and lateral movement appears to be pretty bad.

this is a guy who looks like hes gonna shoot up to my pound the table list.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
oh and where the hell is the hype for javon kinlaw?? this guy is exactly what the doctor ordered for the ravens. explosion, leverage, motor, violence, and agility, this dude has it all in spades. his leverage in the pass rush is unreal, he fires off consistently and comes in low and strong and he CHURNS and he really puts guys on skates, creates a crease and shoots, he leans on that a lot but he flashes hand skills here and there and when he does that, my god he looks special. ive been watching him for a few days now and im really getting obsessed with this kid.

i liked what ive seen from weaver after 1 game, but he still has a lot of rounding out to do, but kinlaw is a guy that i would trade our 2nd for to go up and get. good googly moogly this kid is gonna be a game wrecker.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
K’lavon Chaisson, OLB/edge LSU

he’s a guy I’d like to be more of a Sam, but then again I don’t trust this goddamn team to play a Sam backer, either way this kid flies like none other, really super explosive, fast, sudden and twitchy, needs work but man can he burn around that edge, and really anywhere around the field, he moves much more like a LB in space than a typical edge rusher, so much so that if he isn’t able to develop into an elite edge rusher I think he’s got elite off ball LB written all over him

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
lmao

upload_2019-10-25_7-6-3.png

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jeff Thomas wr from Miami. Potential stud burner type should be available late day 3, definitely a guy I’d take a shot on. Stupid explosion and YAC ability; total mystery as to why he’s basically unmentioned

And Julian okwara is a guy I’ve begun to like. Reminds me a LOT of Matt Judon, natural 34 stand up edge, rushes better from the 2 point, stacks and sheds well in the run game, heads up and aware guy, takes good angles and generally looks comfortable in space. where he could be better than Judon is he is simply more athletic and bendier, but overall they are quite similar and in a good way. I feel like this guy could consistently be what Judon is on his best day if he can develop the hand skills for it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Drew Burrow changing the Quarterback race next year? It seems as if he is gaining momentum and could challenge to be one of the first QBs taken in the draft next year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Don't think the Bengals are going to be the worst team in the league but another QB needy team will probably be worst than them.
at this point in the season, this statement is incorrect and they have their pick, but will probably get it wrong anyway.