• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
at this point in the season, this statement is incorrect and they have their pick, but will probably get it wrong anyway.

I didn't think they were THIS BAD as a team. I was thinking Miami would be more terrible and the Bengals would win 4-5 games to take them out of the running and needing to trade up. Didn't think they would be winless at this point of the season. Were they really this bad all along or did Marvin Lewis cover up how terrible the team was with good coaching. This might get him another Head Coaching job lol.

Reactions: cdp

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I didn't think they were THIS BAD as a team. I was thinking Miami would be more terrible and the Bengals would win 4-5 games to take them out of the running and needing to trade up. Didn't think they would be winless at this point of the season. Were they really this bad all along or did Marvin Lewis cover up how terrible the team was with good coaching. This might get him another Head Coaching job lol.

Interesting thought

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was looking at a past trade that had the Atlanta Falcons trading up from the 26th spot to the 5th spot to draft Julio Jones.

They swapped 2011 first round picks and traded a 2011 2nd rounder and a 2011 4th rounder in addition to 2012 1st and 4th .

I wouldn't mind doing this if we landed Chase Young.

Thoughts?

Wi
I was looking at a past trade that had the Atlanta Falcons trading up from the 26th spot to the 5th spot to draft Julio Jones.

They swapped 2011 first round picks and traded a 2011 2nd rounder and a 2011 4th rounder in addition to 2012 1st and 4th .

I wouldn't mind doing this if we landed Chase Young.

Thoughts?

With our FO being so aggressive lately not only I hope so but I also expect something similar to happen tbf

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nobody is worth that much capital. Top QB only.
a 2nd and a 4th this year to swap places in the first round
1st and 4th in 2012.

That's basically a 1st and 2nd with 2 day three picks. I think it would end up costing more than that

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
here is my question to you all/ Would you have traded the entire draft class in 2004 for larry fitz?

I'd do that for chase young next year. he's that good.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
actually my trade above won't get it done and Sami, I wouldn't trade the entire draft class. It's not like we knew he was going to be a HOF when he was coming out. Yes, we knew he had potential to be great.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Your team would probably win as many SBs as Larry's one.
correct. An elite #1 WR typically isn't the reason for a team winning the SB or not, as you just mentioned Fitz has never won one and when you trade the draft class you don't give your team a chance to build depth on the team. They end up going into cap hell because they have to use the salary cap to fill out the roster.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
correct. An elite #1 WR typically isn't the reason for a team winning the SB or not, as you just mentioned Fitz has never won one and when you trade the draft class you don't give your team a chance to build depth on the team. They end up going into cap hell because they have to use the salary cap to fill out the roster.
I think the same about selling out for edge rusher or any other position for that matter. Maybe a stacked team could sustain it short term for a top QB if they are lucky.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think the same about selling out for edge rusher or any other position for that matter. Maybe a stacked team could sustain it short term for a top QB if they are lucky.
typically you don't have a stacked team that doesn't already have a QB. I typically don't like to trade too much draft capital, so we think alike in most cases, but with the amount I mentioned, it would be easily doable. That being said, we won't be able to swing it at the amount I mentioned. Not be the trade value chart, atleast.

That being said, this was based on the Atlanta Falcons jumping up from 27 to 6 back in 2011. They made the same trade offer to the Bengals at number 5 to take AJ Green, but the Bengals refused.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5 would have something to say about this

upload_2019-11-13_9-14-33.png