• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
according to Cerratto - Ferguson was walking Stanley back to "QB" . Good to see that at least his bull rush appears to translate. (one on one drills)

"everyone" was running by Orlando on the outside (specifically Judon and Tim Williams)

I'm not nearly as high on Brown as a lot of folks and Ive chalked a lot of it up to the fact that he was a rookie last year. He isn't a rookie anymore and the fact remains that his feet are terrible.... his athleticism in general is not good, he doesn't play particularly strong and he plays high consistently.
his whole game is predicated on length and angles and he was inconsistent here as well (last year).

I dont trust him to hold up outside based on last year and the reports out of camp early. Perhaps the light goes on in year two and perhaps he isn't a particularly strong practice player as opposed to in game but he will be a turnstile on the edge one on one if he hasn't improved from last year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
according to Cerratto - Ferguson was walking Stanley back to "QB" . Good to see that at least his bull rush appears to translate. (one on one drills)

"everyone" was running by Orlando on the outside (specifically Judon and Tim Williams)

I'm not nearly as high on Brown as a lot of folks and Ive chalked a lot of it up to the fact that he was a rookie last year. He isn't a rookie anymore and the fact remains that his feet are terrible.... his athleticism in general is not good, he doesn't play particularly strong and he plays high consistently.
his whole game is predicated on length and angles and he was inconsistent here as well (last year).

I dont trust him to hold up outside based on last year and the reports out of camp early. Perhaps the light goes on in year two and perhaps he isn't a particularly strong practice player as opposed to in game but he will be a turnstile on the edge one on one if he hasn't improved from last year.
I really strongly dislike this...

That said, I think Greg senat is the most undervalued OL on this team and he has potential to be very good, and he’s a pure OT with OT skill set and build, but supreme athleticism as well. Maybe he could become something?

purp

Practice Squad

I agree that his game is predicated on “impeding/re-routing” rather than “moving” guys. It makes you concerned about how he’ll fare when he doesn’t have Yanda next to him but he’s still and student of the game and still wants to be great. I’m OK with a minor sophomore slump, still pulling for the kid.

Tank

Hall of Famer

Brown's only 23, a huge individual and still developing. Thinking it's a bit early to pass any definitive judgement but for me it seems he still may turn out to be a big 3rd round steal.

Last edited:

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree that his game is predicated on “impeding/re-routing” rather than “moving” guys. It makes you concerned about how he’ll fare when he doesn’t have Yanda next to him but he’s still and student of the game and still wants to be great. I’m OK with a minor sophomore slump, still pulling for the kid.
me too. definitely rooting for him.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brown's only 23, a huge individual and still developing. Thinking it's a bit early to pass any definitive judgement but for me it seems he still may turn out to be a big 3rd round steal.
I agree about it being too early to offer some final assessment either way. I'm just putting forth what it looks like to me now, realizing I am in the minority. Most of what I hear is that we are set on the outside with Brown and I'm unsure about that being so.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
at this point i think we're likely looking at only 1 real battle left in the wr group...

wesley vs scott for 1 spot
So
Brown
Boykin
Snead
Moore
Roberts
along with either Wesley or Scott?
My gut tells me it's Scott ( at least right now) with us placing Wesley on PS.

A1A

Veteran
Stop quoting cerrato please..I rather ask my grandmother what she thinks about football.

Wesley is making this team but I didnt see him actually being part of the initial 53(based on coaches history). Surprised that his game has transitioned to the pros especially with Jackson throwing to him. If coach thinks he'll sneak him on the PS hes dumber than I thought. Lasley being cut actually helped clear things up. Man o man brown better show out cause at this point we could have drafted the guy the chiefs drafted if all we wanted was a deep threat.

A1A

Veteran
Boykin
Roberts
Snead
Scott
Moore
Wesley
Brown

If one has to go I'd have to go with Roberts his ceiling we know but with our in house guys....skies the limit

Btw didn't see your list till after I posted. Didnt mean to piggy back

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we IR or try to PS Wesley I’ll be pissed.

We know what Seth Roberts is, he might make a few splash plays here and there but he’ll also drop a number of balls and overall won’t contribute much to our success, Wesley on the other hand is a potential homegrown talent with stellar hands, great length, and solid route running

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Stop quoting cerrato please..I rather ask my grandmother what she thinks about football.

Wesley is making this team but I didnt see him actually being part of the initial 53(based on coaches history). Surprised that his game has transitioned to the pros especially with Jackson throwing to him. If coach thinks he'll sneak him on the PS hes dumber than I thought. Lasley being cut actually helped clear things up. Man o man brown better show out cause at this point we could have drafted the guy the chiefs drafted if all we wanted was a deep threat.

Honestly we havent seen how Westley looks in preseason yet and if teams really thought he was that good then he probably wouldnt have been undrafted. Wesley going to have to probably impress on special team to give him a edge to make the team but other than that its not a gurantee he makes the team. Still a bit early in training camp as well.