• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m so excited to see board and Timmy and and deshon in preseason game 1 on defence and Hayden hurst and all the young wrs: Scott, Boykin, Wesley on offence (I’m assuming Hollywood won’t be playing)
youre probaby right that Hollywood won't be playing, but I really believe it depends on this week and if they get him ramped up. I'd like to see him play, but that is only for selfish reasons, since I leave for a 16 day vacation to Iceland and Ireland with a night in London. August 8th is the only day I'll get a chance to see him, because I doubt he plays much if at all in the last game .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
youre probaby right that Hollywood won't be playing, but I really believe it depends on this week and if they get him ramped up. I'd like to see him play, but that is only for selfish reasons, since I leave for a 16 day vacation to Iceland and Ireland with a night in London. August 8th is the only day I'll get a chance to see him, because I doubt he plays much if at all in the last game .

His first contact practice will be either in the joint practices with the jags or after the game so would be odd if he did play

I honestly think he will play at least a few snaps in week 4 of the preseason - maybe goes out early on to get fed the ball 2 or 3 times and then he gets taken out of the game ready for week 1

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m so excited to see board and Timmy and and deshon in preseason game 1 on defence and Hayden hurst and all the young wrs: Scott, Boykin, Wesley on offence (I’m assuming Hollywood won’t be playing)

Who do you think might sit out? I'm hoping Lamar plays but I'm thinking Ingram,Snead,Yanda and Stanley are gonna be helds out on the offensive side at least. Some starters like Judon and Earl also. Should we worry about the cohesiveness?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Who do you think might sit out? I'm hoping Lamar plays but I'm thinking Ingram,Snead,Yanda and Stanley are gonna be helds out on the offensive side at least. Some starters like Judon and Earl also. Should we worry about the cohesiveness?

Game 1 isn’t really about cohesion

I think we see maybe 1 or 2 drives from Lamar - a quarter at most I think we’ll see - I think most of the established starters on both sides of the ball sit out and anyone with any injury concerns won’t feature either

Were gonna see a healthy diet of the young receivers and trace mcsorley and a lot of powers, eluemunor, senat and Bozeman

On defence I imagine we’re going to see loads of Mack and Willis and bennet Jackson

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Have a great trip brother!

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I mean he probably will not be a week 1 starter so I do not see why he would not get a fair bit of playing time in week 4 of preseason.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lisfrancs slow guys down in a major way, it takes away their extra gear, makes cutting labored and difficult, all of that. Without the sixth gear Hollywood is essentially useless, and along with that he’s at extreme risk of getting hurt if he’s an easier target, and even more so when you consider how much compensating he’ll have to do if he’s on the field prematurely and slower than he needs to be.

I’m on board with giving him a few early reps in PS week 3, I don’t want any player at risk to play in week 4 when it’s the camp bodies last ditch efforts to make a name, give him a few snaps in the first half of week 3, and maybe even use him very sparingly for the first month or so, this isn’t a jimmy smith situation where the guy doesn’t need that top gear to be good, Hollywood brown is 170 lbs and if he’s not outrunning everyone with ease then he’s in trouble

purp

Practice Squad
Lisfrancs slow guys down in a major way, it takes away their extra gear, makes cutting labored and difficult, all of that. Without the sixth gear Hollywood is essentially useless, and along with that he’s at extreme risk of getting hurt if he’s an easier target, and even more so when you consider how much compensating he’ll have to do if he’s on the field prematurely and slower than he needs to be.

I’m on board with giving him a few early reps in PS week 3, I don’t want any player at risk to play in week 4 when it’s the camp bodies last ditch efforts to make a name, give him a few snaps in the first half of week 3, and maybe even use him very sparingly for the first month or so, this isn’t a jimmy smith situation where the guy doesn’t need that top gear to be good, Hollywood brown is 170 lbs and if he’s not outrunning everyone with ease then he’s in trouble

I agree to a certain point but it’s still football. I don’t want to see much of Lamar for competitive reasons but I don’t necessarily love the message it sends if we start bubble wrapping guys. Adrian Peterson was back from an ACL in 8 months, everybody recovers differently. If Hollywood can go I think he should go as much as the other rookies we expect to contribute in a big way.

purp

Practice Squad
105.7 Alex Lewis cut

FO/Coaching Staff aren’t playing this year. Petty as hell they made him pass the physical and then cut him to send a message about what’s expected of Ravens while avoiding paying out the injury settlement (Rumor is he was cut because he rehabbed away from the team).

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Webb was never our #1 he was the slot db. Carr was #4

Actually that's incorrect. Ladarius Webb and Cary Williams were The Ravens starting cornerbacks in 2011. After Webb 2011 season The Ravens signed him to 50 million dollar deal. Nickel cornerbacks weren't getting paid that much back then. If you want further knowledge on Webb being The Ravens number one cornerback in 2011 then check out these depth charts.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/2011_roster.htm

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/126/bal

Actually that's incorrect. Ladarius Webb and Cary Williams were The Ravens starting cornerbacks in 2011. After Webb 2011 season The Ravens signed him to 50 million dollar deal. Nickel cornerbacks weren't getting paid that much back then. If you want further knowledge on Webb being The Ravens number one cornerback in 2011 then check out these depth charts.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/2011_roster.htm

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/126/bal

It could be worse. You could have our corners lol.