• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

purp

Practice Squad
Ok then, what about Ed reed? They regularly went weeks without speaking to each other, Ed reed genuinely disliked harbaugh, and harbaugh genuinely disliked Ed reed but he’s the greatest safety to ever play so he dealt with him and played nice when he had to. And this came from BOTH sides, they both admitted to this but harbaugh sugarcoated.

This isn’t unprecedented at all lol, harbaugh does not appreciate a player having a voice in the locker room overpowering his.

There is legitimately nothing in that video that sounds implausible or even unlikely.

Ed Reed is an excellent example. This is how a mentally stable adult settles his differences with another man and describes it afterward:

My point is not that Pollard is lying per se, it’s that he is not credible given the way he behaves. Harbaugh was the one of the youngest (if not the youngest) head coach in the league when he came in. He has clearly evolved as a person over the past 11 years and what Bernard Pollard has to say about him today isn’t even slightly relevant.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I was watching some Ed Reed videos on YouTube and in the comments someone typed, “water covers 2/3’s of the Earth, Ed Reed covers the rest”.........classic!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ed Reed is an excellent example. This is how a mentally stable adult settles his differences with another man and describes it afterward:

My point is not that Pollard is lying per se, it’s that he is not credible given the way he behaves. Harbaugh was the one of the youngest (if not the youngest) head coach in the league when he came in. He has clearly evolved as a person over the past 11 years and what Bernard Pollard has to say about him today isn’t even slightly relevant.

But harbaugh was entering his 4th season when we signed pollard, and with more control over the roster he hasn’t exactly lightened up on playing favorites lol.

I get that pollard might be a bit of a head case, and he’s handling it differently than Ed reed, but Ed states out loud that he had a bad relationship with harbaugh and they didn’t even speak, harbaugh is a my way or the highway type and it’s pretty clear to everyone. So yeah pollard May be a little theatrical in his telling of the story, but it doesn’t mean he’s lying.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
But harbaugh was entering his 4th season when we signed pollard, and with more control over the roster he hasn’t exactly lightened up on playing favorites lol.

I get that pollard might be a bit of a head case, and he’s handling it differently than Ed reed, but Ed states out loud that he had a bad relationship with harbaugh and they didn’t even speak, harbaugh is a my way or the highway type and it’s pretty clear to everyone. So yeah pollard May be a little theatrical in his telling of the story, but it doesn’t mean he’s lying.

NO player has said that the front office EVER overruled Harbs on anything involving who plays and who doesnt. So its supposed to make sense that Pollard is SUCH a special player that he is worth being the ONLY guy deserving of having the front office undercut the coach in such a way that it hinders his power going forward. Pollard wishes he was that guy. Ed Reed was that guy. I can see why Harbs and Reed did not gel and its not so much the "my way or the highway" but its that Reed had a little diva in him. He was good enough that he deserved it, but we all saw firsthand that he had a little diva in him. Nowhere near the extent that some of the current players, who just to mention are not in Ed Reeds league, around the NFL have but he had it.

Pollard talks like he thinks he belongs in Canton when the reality is he was a toxic mess that no one wanted to keep him on their team despite him being a solid starter for most of his career. This story is 8 years old and if it happened the way he claims a lot of people would know about it, but its stayed quiet... really? No. Drama like that does not stay quiet; it comes out and creates a big problem in the organization which is why I dont believe it for a second.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
NO player has said that the front office EVER overruled Harbs on anything involving who plays and who doesnt. So its supposed to make sense that Pollard is SUCH a special player that he is worth being the ONLY guy deserving of having the front office undercut the coach in such a way that it hinders his power going forward. Pollard wishes he was that guy. Ed Reed was that guy. I can see why Harbs and Reed did not gel and its not so much the "my way or the highway" but its that Reed had a little diva in him. He was good enough that he deserved it, but we all saw firsthand that he had a little diva in him. Nowhere near the extent that some of the current players, who just to mention are not in Ed Reeds league, around the NFL have but he had it.

Pollard talks like he thinks he belongs in Canton when the reality is he was a toxic mess that no one wanted to keep him on their team despite him being a solid starter for most of his career. This story is 8 years old and if it happened the way he claims a lot of people would know about it, but its stayed quiet... really? No. Drama like that does not stay quiet; it comes out and creates a big problem in the organization which is why I dont believe it for a second.
Nobody has come out about it, so if he’s lying maybe someone should come out and call bullshit on it. This goes both ways, I’m gonna choose to believe pollard here because again he has NO reason to lie and a lot of what he says aligns with what we’ve seen. You think harbaugh in year 4 had all the pull in the organization and he wouldn’t defect to Ozzie if he requested something? I think harbaugh himself would have enough respect to hear Ozzie’s side and give him what he wants, it’s ozzie newsome for Christ’s sake. It’s not like bisciotti is interfering like jerry Jones, Ozzie is a football guy and was god tier to this organization, Ozzie could probably ask harbaugh to shine his shoes and he would do it lol.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nobody has come out about it, so if he’s lying maybe someone should come out and call bullshit on it. This goes both ways, I’m gonna choose to believe pollard here because again he has NO reason to lie and a lot of what he says aligns with what we’ve seen. You think harbaugh in year 4 had all the pull in the organization and he wouldn’t defect to Ozzie if he requested something? I think harbaugh himself would have enough respect to hear Ozzie’s side and give him what he wants, it’s ozzie newsome for Christ’s sake. It’s not like bisciotti is interfering like jerry Jones, Ozzie is a football guy and was god tier to this organization, Ozzie could probably ask harbaugh to shine his shoes and he would do it lol.

He has every reason to lie. The team released him, said they dont want him AFTER winning a SB which I guarantee in his mind he views himself as if not the one of the biggest reasons the team won. A guy with ego problems like that is going to be trying to bring down whoever he thinks is responsible.

There is a reason this never happens outside of Dallas and that is that once you start overruling the coach (knowing the ENTIRE roster WILL know this which btw SOMEONE would have leaked this if it were true) the coach now has no power and its just like Dallas where everyone knows you can go over Garrett's head to Jerry because he is the real head coach.

Ozzie is not Jerry. Its an insult to Ozzie to suggest he would pull a Jerry Jones move and kneecap his own head coach on a team that has been achieving success without that kind of interference. You don't rock the boat when things are going well especially not for an average player. Do you really think Pollard was good enough to risk splitting the locker room over? I am sure he thinks so but he just isn't and I know he wants to pedal a conspiracy but I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories because they often ignore vital information in order to make their case.

Yeah, a player with an axe to grind has plenty of motive to talk crap. Hey I’m all for empowering employees and all but at the end the day the boss gets final say, don’t like it move on man

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He has every reason to lie. The team released him, said they dont want him AFTER winning a SB which I guarantee in his mind he views himself as if not the one of the biggest reasons the team won. A guy with ego problems like that is going to be trying to bring down whoever he thinks is responsible.

There is a reason this never happens outside of Dallas and that is that once you start overruling the coach (knowing the ENTIRE roster WILL know this which btw SOMEONE would have leaked this if it were true) the coach now has no power and its just like Dallas where everyone knows you can go over Garrett's head to Jerry because he is the real head coach.

Ozzie is not Jerry. Its an insult to Ozzie to suggest he would pull a Jerry Jones move and kneecap his own head coach on a team that has been achieving success without that kind of interference. You don't rock the boat when things are going well especially not for an average player. Do you really think Pollard was good enough to risk splitting the locker room over? I am sure he thinks so but he just isn't and I know he wants to pedal a conspiracy but I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories because they often ignore vital information in order to make their case.
But there’s a difference between Ozzie and jerry lol, that’s what you’re not getting when you compare the 2, jerry is a business guy, he’s a team owner and he’s just a marketing genius, Ozzie is a GM, he’s a HOF TE and GM as a matter of fact, and he’s drafted and signed multiple HOF players, he’s a football guy unlike jerry and he should and probably does have say in who should play.

if he said Steve bisciotti did this then I’d call bullshit because Steve would never, Steve is more comparable to jerry than Ozzie position wise, jerry is an owner who has too much ego to let a qualified person be GM, Ozzie is not that.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
But there’s a difference between Ozzie and jerry lol, that’s what you’re not getting when you compare the 2, jerry is a business guy, he’s a team owner and he’s just a marketing genius, Ozzie is a GM, he’s a HOF TE and GM as a matter of fact, and he’s drafted and signed multiple HOF players, he’s a football guy unlike jerry and he should and probably does have say in who should play.

if he said Steve bisciotti did this then I’d call bullshit because Steve would never, Steve is more comparable to jerry than Ozzie position wise, jerry is an owner who has too much ego to let a qualified person be GM, Ozzie is not that.

Its actually less likely for Ozzie to step in because Ozzie knows WAY better then Jerry what happens when you take the head out of the head coach and that he needs to have power to decide who plays and who doesn't.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jaylen smith and Jordan lasley reportedly dropping everything

Everyone has passed the conditioning test

Orlando brown running with the 2s and James hurst the starting RT for now(called that bullshit smh)

Miles Boykin and Antoine Wesley catching everything thrown within a mile of them.

Word around camp supposedly is that Seth Roberts is a lock

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Orlando brown running with the 2s and James hurst the starting RT for now(called that bullshit smh)

Miles Boykin and Antoine Wesley catching everything thrown within a mile of them.

Really disappointing that Lasley can't get his shit together. He has all the other qualities of a good WR except he can't do the most important thing and catch the damn ball. Wouldn't surprise me to see him cut this year if he doesn't turn things around quickly.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t Lasley drop a ton in training/preseason last year?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

This won't stay that way long.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Currently watching Harbs' presser and he mentioned that "Lasley had a great day yesterday....". I don't know what to believe anymore lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Currently watching Harbs' presser and he mentioned that "Lasley had a great day yesterday....". I don't know what to believe anymore lol
Ken weiman and vinny cerrato bout reported that lasley has dropped everything.

Disclaimer that the only reason I’ve been quoting vinny is because I’m listening to 105.7 at work and that’s the only source I have

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Re: conditioning test
Earl Thomas said he appreciates how much Ravens are challenging him physically. Said he was extremely surprised at how difficult conditioning test was. “I almost threw up at the end,” Thomas said.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbs also mentioned how the DBs keep bringing up Wesley and how "he makes plays on the ball". That's an encouraging sign and maybe we've found a hidden gem.

Reactions: A1A

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was watching some Ed Reed videos on YouTube and in the comments someone typed, “water covers 2/3’s of the Earth, Ed Reed covers the rest”.........classic!

That saying has been out for awhile. I believe there is a t shirt that says that.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ken weiman and vinny cerrato bout reported that lasley has dropped everything.

Disclaimer that the only reason I’ve been quoting vinny is because I’m listening to 105.7 at work and that’s the only source I have
Did you hear that the station is going to feature tw hours of Ravens talk regularly (from 4-6)? I may have imagined that I heard that