• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If eleumanor is out for a while we need to trade for a guard right? I'm really frustrated that guys are going down what seems left and right rn. It's sad for them

Reactions: cdp
Pat's cut their vet punter and are rolling with my guy Bailey. I had him on my radar and had my fingers crossed but anyways it was a cap move...something we should have done honestly. We got a 5th a pick we'll probably end up using on a top flight punter when we had Vedvik already. A guy that can kick FG too. Weird.

We are not spending a 5th in the draft for a punter

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Pat's cut their vet punter and are rolling with my guy Bailey. I had him on my radar and had my fingers crossed but anyways it was a cap move...something we should have done honestly. We got a 5th a pick we'll probably end up using on a top flight punter when we had Vedvik already. A guy that can kick FG too. Weird.
I agree. I wanted to keep it.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Sam Koch is way too valuable to cut right now and not often are punters drafted in the fifth round. Sam Koch himself was drafted in the sixth round and Justin Tucker was undrafted. Both are one of the best at their position . i'm not worried at all about The Ravens eventually finding a successor to Sam Koch and i'm glad they were able to get fifth round pick from Vedvik which something that hasn't happened in the in NFL for over 10 years.

A1A

Veteran
Sam Koch is way too valuable to cut right now and not often are punters drafted in the fifth round. Sam Koch himself was drafted in the sixth round and Justin Tucker was undrafted. Both are one of the best at their position . i'm not worried at all about The Ravens eventually finding a successor to Sam Koch and i'm glad they were able to get fifth round pick from Vedvik which something that hasn't happened in the in NFL for over 10 years.

A guy like Vedvik may come along every 10 years...Tucker we got lucky like super lucky. Dude if we didnt have him look how many teams were SB worthy but lost out on last min GW FG. Tucker had just as much to do with our SB than Flacco and co. The Pat's do it right is all I'm saying...and btw Bailey was drafted in the 5th! He is an exceptional punter. Could he nail 55 yard FG too idk. But I know who can.

A1A

Veteran
We are not spending a 5th in the draft for a punter

Yea well the Pat's did and they continue to be the gold standard of the league. The funny thing is it's not rocket science I'd make the same moves. I was called crazy to even suggest we draft Bailey then the Pat's draft him in the 5th even tho they have a solid punter already. They accounted for the cap knew what they had and how valuable the position is. These other teams are playing checkers while the Pat's are playing chess.

A1A

Veteran
Also Tucker is on his way to the HOF yall have no idea how lucky we got. Kickers dont come around like him to often and he could have very well made Vedvik better and worked together for the next 7 years.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea well the Pat's did and they continue to be the gold standard of the league. The funny thing is it's not rocket science I mean I'd make the same moves. I was called crazy to even suggest we draft Bailey then the Pat's draft him in the 5th even tho they have a solid punter already. They accounted for the cap knew what they had and how valuable the position is. These other teams are playing checkers while the Pat's are playing chess.

Wasting a 5th on a punter has nothing to do with that.

The things that make the Pats are there ability to find late round gems (like the Ravens do), the fluidity of their system meaning that when they had Moss they were a deep-ball team and when they had Gronk and Hernandez they ran 2 TE sets. Basically they fit the offense and defense to the personnel.

However they always make sure that they have a great OLine, QB, and Cornerbacks because they are the most important positions along with a single run stuffer.

It also helped that Brady took a nice discount before this contract extension which helped them sign more players plus being the Patriots lets them attract people who otherwise wouldn't sign for what they pay.

Lastly they work incredibly hard to fit the scheme to the team and inprove the players over the course of the season. There is a reason they go 2-2 in September but 12-4 by season's end and its not JUST AFC East (but having a free bye helps)

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really not seeing the logic of cutting Koch to keep Vedvik when Koch can probably play for at least another 3-4 years (it's not like his job is that physically demanding). When it comes time to replace Koch then I'm sure we'll figure something out. In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy the fact that we got a 5th round pick for a kicker who went undrafted and is still largely unproven.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
A guy like Vedvik may come along every 10 years...Tucker we got lucky like super lucky. Dude if we didnt have him look how many teams were SB worthy but lost out on last min GW FG. Tucker had just as much to do with our SB than Flacco and co. The Pat's do it right is all I'm saying...and btw Bailey was drafted in the 5th! He is an exceptional punter. Could he nail 55 yard FG too idk. But I know who can.

I mean you forget that we’ve found good nfl kickers on a fairly consistent basis post-tucker too - seems like every 2 or 3 years we bring in a guy and they end up becoming good to very good starters for other teams e.g. lutz, gano, hauschka, vedvik etc

purp

Practice Squad
Really not seeing the logic of cutting Koch to keep Vedvik when Koch can probably play for at least another 3-4 years (it's not like his job is that physically demanding). When it comes time to replace Koch then I'm sure we'll figure something out. In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy the fact that we got a 5th round pick for a kicker who went undrafted and is still largely unproven.

Because...complaining is fun? I guess?

Shouldn't even be a conversation. The purpose of Vedvik was to be a camp leg that got us a pick. He accomplished that. The idea that Vedvik is some kind of generational talent that will be the difference in winning a Super Bowl is preposterous.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
If eleumanor is out for a while we need to trade for a guard right? I'm really frustrated that guys are going down what seems left and right rn. It's sad for them
I'd trade for a guard or center even if London was healthy. We only got 1 of 3 interior OL right and O.Brown is still learning.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Plus Koch is an accurate thrower if needed. I think he’s 5/5 in fake Punts.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Getting a look at justice hill at different angles really sheds light on how great he played. The side view didn’t do him justice(rimshot). His explosive change of direction is seriously impressive and his balance and power are incredible for a 190lb back, and what he’s doing here are things he can do against starters as well, sure he might not break tackles with physicality quite as well, but those jump cuts and that vision will serve him well regardless of who he’s facing.

Justice hill, if he keeps this up, may be our top back by seasons end, and we haven’t even seen what he can do with the Lamar on the zone read, and with Hollywood on jet motions, that’s a lot of explosiveness coming out of the backfield and good goddamn luck to anyone trying to defend it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Wasting a 5th on a punter has nothing to do with that.

The things that make the Pats are there ability to find late round gems (like the Ravens do), the fluidity of their system meaning that when they had Moss they were a deep-ball team and when they had Gronk and Hernandez they ran 2 TE sets. Basically they fit the offense and defense to the personnel.

However they always make sure that they have a great OLine, QB, and Cornerbacks because they are the most important positions along with a single run stuffer.

It also helped that Brady took a nice discount before this contract extension which helped them sign more players plus being the Patriots lets them attract people who otherwise wouldn't sign for what they pay.

Lastly they work incredibly hard to fit the scheme to the team and inprove the players over the course of the season. There is a reason they go 2-2 in September but 12-4 by season's end and its not JUST AFC East (but having a free bye helps)
BB and mcdaniels are gurus

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Getting a look at justice hill at different angles really sheds light on how great he played. The side view didn’t do him justice(rimshot). His explosive change of direction is seriously impressive and his balance and power are incredible for a 190lb back, and what he’s doing here are things he can do against starters as well, sure he might not break tackles with physicality quite as well, but those jump cuts and that vision will serve him well regardless of who he’s facing.

Justice hill, if he keeps this up, may be our top back by seasons end, and we haven’t even seen what he can do with the Lamar on the zone read, and with Hollywood on jet motions, that’s a lot of explosiveness coming out of the backfield and good goddamn luck to anyone trying to defend it.

he's done a cool one this week on deshon elliott too https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1163854319608913922

rossihunter2

Staff Member

might be the quickest triplet in the nfl if they're all on the field at the same time

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
an eagles writer just wrote this on twitter:

Lamar Jackson just juked the shit out of L.J. Fort, so badly that Fort we@t to the ground. Drew an “OOOOOOOOH!!!” from both sidelines. I honestly thought for a second Fort might have torn an ACL, lol.
You know what sucks... he could pull off the greatest run in nfl history, and it would do nothing to dispel the “qB pLaYiNg Rb” bullshit.