• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

i think at this point there's maybe 3 spots up for grabs between these players:

mcsorley
Dixon
Jaleel Scott
Mekari
Alako
Canady
Now that the thread has swung to the 53 man - I've asked a question of the group and wonder if we are only going to keep Peanut Board and Young at ILB or do is there anyone really worth keeping at that position? Or do we have an OLB who we can shift inside? Going with only 3 seems really light for a 4-3 defense.

Is Alako possible getting a roster spot? If so, that will be a stunner he will have come out of nowhere

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Now that the thread has swung to the 53 man - I've asked a question of the group and wonder if we are only going to keep Peanut Board and Young at ILB or do is there anyone really worth keeping at that position? Or do we have an OLB who we can shift inside? Going with only 3 seems really light for a 4-3 defense.

Is Alako possible getting a roster spot? If so, that will be a stunner he will have come out of nowhere
I like what I saw from him vs Packers.
Alaka though, not Alako.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's rough because I'm assuming we'll keep McSorley just for the fact that RG3 may or may not be ready to go week 1 (plus, he's looked solid and has future backup potential to begin with). I also feel like we wouldn't just cut Dixon unless we're absolutely fed up with the injuries; he has trade value and I think we would try to ship him elsewhere if there's no plan to keep him. That would leave one more spot between the rest of those players and both Scott and Mekari have impressed during TC...

I like Dixon but I’m pretty sure he’s gone with how well justice hill has looked

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like Dixon but I’m pretty sure he’s gone with how well justice hill has looked

I just have a hard time believing that we would cut Dixon and let some team pick him up for absolutely nothing. Aside from the injuries, Dixon has shown how much talent he has when he's on the field and I'm sure more than a few teams are salivating at the thought of Dixon getting released. I have no problem with keeping just 3 backs, but I'm going to be sorely disappointed if we don't trade Dixon in that scenario.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
If someone happens to accidentally post another stream from Reddit that was as good as the last one, I wouldn't be mad at it.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
At the moment the 3 I think that are in are
McSorley
Scott

And then I can’t choose between canady or mekari right now
how many safety/CB's do you have us keeping?
You think if Mekari makes it, Bozeman is released? So 8 OL? which 8 if you are guessing?
IThough it flies in the face of what Harbaugh might value....is there a chance in your mind that DeCosta might opt to release Hurst?
Stanley
Bozeman
Yanda
Elumenor
Brown
Skura
Mekari
Powers
(Senat to PS)

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
TFW someone mentions the possibility of releasing Hurst:

24lsxq0kzpe31.jpg

jboy19

Pro Bowler
how many safety/CB's do you have us keeping?
You think if Mekari makes it, Bozeman is released? So 8 OL? which 8 if you are guessing?
IThough it flies in the face of what Harbaugh might value....is there a chance in your mind that DeCosta might opt to release Hurst?
Stanley
Bozeman
Yanda
Elumenor
Brown
Skura
Mekari
Powers
(Senat to PS)

Hurst is probably unquestioned as the swing tackle. Nobody else can really fill that role at this point. Id assume Bozeman is the odd man out since Mekari seems to be getting more time than him.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hurst is probably unquestioned as the swing tackle. Nobody else can really fill that role at this point. Id assume Bozeman is the odd man out since Mekari seems to be getting more time than him.
Unfortunately yes, but tbh Hurst is a terrible Tackle and a below average guard. I don't care how many positions he can play if it is that bad. Our seasons is over as soon as one tackle goes down.