• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp and the Preseason

i honestly think colts might still be favourites in the AFC South - the rest of their roster is so much better than everyone else in the division and Brissett is at worst a strong backup level qb
My favorite was Texans, but Clowney's holdout and now Miller's ACL does put them in a pinch.

Perhaps Indy should be the clear division favorite with Luck and a division contender without him, but I suppose I cannot bring myself to give that franchise any credit for anything ...

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
My favorite was Texans, but Clowney's holdout and now Miller's ACL does put them in a pinch.

Perhaps Indy should be the clear division favorite with Luck and a division contender without him, but I suppose I cannot bring myself to give that franchise any credit for anything ...
Why everyone counting out jags?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

They don't seem to have a lot of depth on their team outside of the starters and Foles still needs to prove that he can win outside of Philly. Also, their defense took a step back last year so I would say that they have something to prove as well.

I really don't think there's any clear-cut favorites in the AFC South right now. Each team has some major question marks and I expect this to be a competitive division for likely only one playoff spot.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the texans have a few position groups where you could legitimately place them at the very bottom of the nfl - that's not a recipe for success especially on a team that's very top heavy with talent and has no depth at all

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Although I don't feel anyone should be counting out the jags, I also don't believe anyone should be a clear favorite. The Jags are totally dependent on Foles getting through a full season as a starting QB.

Reactions: cdp

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Colts have built a great defense that alone is going to help their offense tremendously and their OL is one of the best units. I don't count them out at all.

I want to see the Texans OL play a couple of solid games before they can convince me.

Jags idk. There isn't a Doug Pederson on their staff to help Foles and their WRs. DeFilippo didn't do well outside of Pedersons staff recently.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
if decosta managed to get a 7th for lewis, a 5th for vedvik, and say a 6th for eluemenor, then id say he kicking ass this year.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Well I see conversations about who's winning the AFC South, do the Titans not exist? Lol, I kid I kid.....

People are discounting the Jags because their receivers mostly suck, Foles is an unknown, and after last year, we don't really know who Fournette is.

They could win it but the Colts are still the favourites by a hair to me.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don’t know why Houston is being discounted so much. Deshaun Watson is the truth, they got one of the best wr corps in football, really good defense overall, if they can get some better play from the OL they can be good

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don’t know why Houston is being discounted so much. Deshaun Watson is the truth, they got one of the best wr corps in football, really good defense overall, if they can get some better play from the OL they can be good

I would also say that Lamar Miller isn't a huge loss either. They picked up Duke who's a great receiving back and should be able to get similar production.

If Houston can ship off Clowney for some OL help then I think they would probably become the favorites to win that division.