• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ryan Mink - Mediocre

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
Exactly.

A no smoking sign on your cigarette break if you are employed by Marlboro.
There is one ironic thing though.

The guy that was afraid to fly, and when the plane crashes down he thinks "well isnt this nice..."

Was afraid his whole life of that happening, and then ironically is rather calm and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it when it does.

K-Dog

MVP
And like, when were you ever going to need all TEN THOUSAND spoons. Shouldve diversified that portfolio and had a knife on hand.

Yeah.
Do we really know what ten thousand spoons really looks like?
It is a WHOLE LOT of spoons.

I will bet none of us have ever seen ten thousand spoons all at once.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yeah.
Do we really know what ten thousand spoons really looks like?
It is a WHOLE LOT of spoons.

I will bet none of us have ever seen ten thousand spoons all at once.
Why would you want to see ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife? ;)

Seriously though. Can we get back on topic? Ryan Mink = Meh. Downing = smh.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not mink related, but br.com related...

They shut down the forums to focus elsewhere, but then their piece of shit website won't play their videos on mobile anymore.

They have won all these PR awards, but they should get their shit together on the website

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad

They shut down the forums to focus elsewhere, but then their piece of shit website won't play their videos on mobile anymore.

They have won all these PR awards, but they should get their shit together on the website
Yea i dont even know what theyve been focusing on.

Since OTA's ended theyve hardly put out any new content. For a good week or more they didnt upload any new content... they were re-posting position battles and videos of driving with the coaching staff that were originally posted months ago, and acting like it was fresh.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Since OTA's ended theyve hardly put out any new content. For a good week or more they didnt upload any new content... they were re-posting position battles and videos of driving with the coaching staff that were originally posted months ago, and acting like it was fresh.
To be honest though we're right in the middle of the most desertic time of the year, where litteraly everything has already been said and nothing new comes in.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
At least rookies report tomorrow (at least I think they do) so thatll be something to talk about for a week while we wait for the real practices and battles to begin.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

There was also the 4th of July week, and I think the writers had that week off. I didn't check the videos during that time, though.

What really pisses me off was that I could go to the comments section and it would take me to the old news section. WTH is the point of taking away the forum if you're still going to keep the news section. Might as well have left the whole thing up.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
To be honest though we're right in the middle of the most desertic time of the year, where litteraly everything has already been said and nothing new comes in.
they could at least repackage it and sell it back to me like everyone else takes the time and effort to do.

If nfl.com who doesnt know or care much about the Ravens can post Ravens-centric articles during this down time, then surely the people that work in the building can pump out an article every other day.

I mean theyve outlined the position battles and gone through 3-4 of them. These arent in depth think pieces either... couldve released them all to at least have content flowing during this time.

Give me speculation on RT's and C's that could be released or traded for. Give us insight into what the coaching staff and FO are doing during this time when all the players are gone and things are quiet at the Castle.

I get that its dead and there isnt much to write about -- but its their job... the whole "its hard to think of something to write about" excuse doesnt really fly with me, bc u get paid to be interesting and good when its difficult.

And on the whole 4th of July and vacation.... i could understand if it was down a day with no content. Just like some businesses close. But they were down a full week or more... and just like every other business in the world does, you stagger vacations or find fill ins to make sure someone can handle customer service or deliver the product. Radio stations do it all the time.

Its just clear that they dont take themselves very seriously.... but then get offended when fans dont take them seriously. The way I see it, thats the website, the only face of a multi billion dollar business.... and its a joke. Not like the actual writers are any good - you cant have some social media intern write up some puff pieces while the "experts" are on vacation?

I guess what drives me most nuts is that Mink and Downing have a dream job, and theyre terrible at it..... yet it seems are still treated as if theyre integral to the team's media presence. Get those clowns out of there and im sure any two of us could do just as good a job if not better. Most of us would do it free.... pay me, and i can certainly pump out more than an puff piece/week even during down times.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i forgot to mention this earlier as well - but eisenberg has been rubbish since the ravens started losing as well - it's like he has a week to write one article and then just parrots a load of stuff in the media or takes on a "hot take" that was never compelling in the first place

i mean what does this guy do for a whole week that he comes up with the most boring articles every week and they arent even particularly long

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
they could at least repackage it and sell it back to me like everyone else takes the time and effort to do.

If nfl.com who doesnt know or care much about the Ravens can post Ravens-centric articles during this down time, then surely the people that work in the building can pump out an article every other day.

I mean theyve outlined the position battles and gone through 3-4 of them. These arent in depth think pieces either... couldve released them all to at least have content flowing during this time.

Give me speculation on RT's and C's that could be released or traded for. Give us insight into what the coaching staff and FO are doing during this time when all the players are gone and things are quiet at the Castle.

I get that its dead and there isnt much to write about -- but its their job... the whole "its hard to think of something to write about" excuse doesnt really fly with me, bc u get paid to be interesting and good when its difficult.

And on the whole 4th of July and vacation.... i could understand if it was down a day with no content. Just like some businesses close. But they were down a full week or more... and just like every other business in the world does, you stagger vacations or find fill ins to make sure someone can handle customer service or deliver the product. Radio stations do it all the time.

Its just clear that they dont take themselves very seriously.... but then get offended when fans dont take them seriously. The way I see it, thats the website, the only face of a multi billion dollar business.... and its a joke. Not like the actual writers are any good - you cant have some social media intern write up some puff pieces while the "experts" are on vacation?

I guess what drives me most nuts is that Mink and Downing have a dream job, and theyre terrible at it..... yet it seems are still treated as if theyre integral to the team's media presence. Get those clowns out of there and im sure any two of us could do just as good a job if not better. Most of us would do it free.... pay me, and i can certainly pump out more than an puff piece/week even during down times.
On the topic of social media interns, many of us would crush all of them in terms of writing content for their site. And that's the sad thing. Mink and downing especially, but really all of them are horrible at creating content. People like me, you, truth, bmorebird, and back on the old boards rmw and I'm sure I'm missing some, could all go head to head on the topic of football and make them look like even more of an amateur than they are, we could all post meaningful and well thought out content that there's pales in comparison to.

Hearing mink and downing talk about camp position battles is like nails on a chalkboard, hearing them talk about how correa is gonna be our next edge setter, or hearing them refer to every nobody receiver as the guy that's gonna fill boldins shoes, or hearing them talk about a position battle and know nothing of the sleepers. I still remember them talking about Tandon doss being a deep threat.

arnie_uk

Veteran
Haven't visited the website since they shit forums. Wouldn't be surprised if their daily hits have halved and they can't justify putting out so much content.

Watch mink or downing get outted within a year due to lack of traffic on the site.

Was a bullshit decision then and an even worse one now.

They had no legacy plan in place for after shuttimg them down. Twiiter isnt built for it with the character limit and no respectable person uses their facebook. They have no media outlet anymore

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Haven't visited the website since they shit forums. Wouldn't be surprised if their daily hits have halved and they can't justify putting out so much content.

Watch mink or downing get outted within a year due to lack of traffic on the site.

Was a bullshit decision then and an even worse one now.

They had no legacy plan in place for after shuttimg them down. Twiiter isnt built for it with the character limit and no respectable person uses their facebook. They have no media outlet anymore
starting to think that maybe... they just dont give a shit. theyre ok with total morons on facebook begging for us to cut flacco and re-sign boldin and hire ray lewis to coach.

Inqui

Pro Bowler

The site's been dead to me since they pulled the plug on the forums. I did visit it once out of curiosity, but it kept trying to push me to join the site's fan club and everything got pretty laggy (which is weird considering the forums were actually designed really well despite all the complaints people made).

I did have a look at the articles though, and it turns out the comments sections are still alive - and they've got the same circle-jerk going from before (people seemed to like the comments/news threads but I never saw them as much of a step up from Facebook tbh). And a certain ex-mod is still hanging around hectoring fans who do as much as question Ozzie's choice of tie colour.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
The site's been dead to me since they pulled the plug on the forums. I did visit it once out of curiosity, but it kept trying to push me to join the site's fan club and everything got pretty laggy (which is weird considering the forums were actually designed really well despite all the complaints people made).

I did have a look at the articles though, and it turns out the comments sections are still alive - and they've got the same circle-jerk going from before (people seemed to like the comments/news threads but I never saw them as much of a step up from Facebook tbh). And a certain ex-mod is still hanging around hectoring fans who do as much as question Ozzie's choice of tie colour.
We should go troll the news section as revenge for taking away the forums.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

i go because i am utterly obsessed with football and i am just desperately searching for anything new, and am always disappointed, they suck, the site is horrible. drinking coffee in cars with coaches? gimme a break. we had an awesome thing going on those forums, a community that was there for a very long time and people who learned a lot from eachother and got to know eachother pretty well. they are just assholes for shutting it down and show that they clearly dont care.

thank god we found a place to gather since then