• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ryan Mink - Mediocre

K-Dog

MVP
I just hate that there isn't a show dedicated to just Ravens football on one of the prominent stations in the DC area.

Get The Ravens Desk Site.
All and I mean ALL Ravens videos on there. Including the TV shows.

I am trying to find it....

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just hate that there isn't a show dedicated to just Ravens football on one of the prominent stations in the DC area.
Or in Maryland for that matter.

There is a YouTube channel called, "The Ravens Space" that airs five days a week.

My initial reaction was that the host knew absolutely nothing about draft prospects and had some rather off base evaluation immediately following the draft.

But the host is extremely passionate and dedicated and does a great job of passing on daily news blurbs. Seems a likeable sort as well.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor

There is a YouTube channel called, "The Ravens Space" that airs five days a week.

My initial reaction was that the host knew absolutely nothing about draft prospects and had some rather off base evaluation immediately following the draft.

But the host is extremely passionate and dedicated and does a great job of passing on daily news blurbs. Seems a likeable sort as well.
I've seen that guy before but it's basically LFW the day of. I guess it's too bad Baltimore just isn't that big of a market.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
At this point, I'm sick of the "Could Mangold or Boldin still be signed?" articles coming out of the official site. There have been about 20 of those articles put out in the past couple weeks. If we're talking about past-prime late-market FAs why not throw in a Vincent Jackson or Rey Maualuga article to at least provide some variety, or if the sentimentality is the issue they should just have a daily "Former Ravens Still on the Market Because They're Old and/or Ineffective" Section where we could follow all the non-visits for guys like Corey Graham, Josh Bynes and Arthur Jones.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
At this point, I'm sick of the "Could Mangold or Boldin still be signed?" articles coming out of the official site. There have been about 20 of those articles put out in the past couple weeks. If we're talking about past-prime late-market FAs why not throw in a Vincent Jackson or Rey Maualuga article to at least provide some variety, or if the sentimentality is the issue they should just have a daily "Former Ravens Still on the Market Because They're Old and/or Ineffective" Section where we could follow all the non-visits for guys like Corey Graham, Josh Bynes and Arthur Jones.
"Breaking news: Today Arthur Jones is not visiting with the Ravens. Later today we'll have an update on how contract negotiations are not going."

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
These guys are not creative at all on br.com. It's too much to ask for them to write a useful article that they haven't found a way to spin from info on the forum.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

Try being a Ravens fan from CA :( everyone here is a "True" Pats fan or just nuts about Golden state. Whenever I'm busy and don't have time for article reads I listen to The Ravens space. He knows a solid amount about what he is talking about. And to everyone else, can you blame reporters for recycling stories? It's the offseason, or as I like to call it the optimism season.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Try being a Ravens fan from CA :( everyone here is a "True" Pats fan or just nuts about Golden state. Whenever I'm busy and don't have time for article reads I listen to The Ravens space. He knows a solid amount about what he is talking about. And to everyone else, can you blame reporters for recycling stories? It's the offseason, or as I like to call it the optimism season.
The only place I really listen to sports news on is the Simms and Lefkoe podcast. While I don't agree with everything they say they are hilarious and cut to the chase a lot of the time. It is also nice getting another view from guys who are now in the media that used to be in the league.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really miss having the opportunity to watch training camp at McDaniel College.

It's really a stark difference between being able to leisurely take in camp a few years ago and having to view one and one half minute clips of guys running in slow motion via BR.COM.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Really miss having the opportunity to watch training camp at McDaniel College.

It's really a stark difference between being able to leisurely take in camp a few years ago and having to view one and one half minute clips of guys running in slow motion via BR.COM.

even that would be a blessing - most of the time we see the ball leave flacco or mallett's hands and then rather than seeing the play unfolding we literally follow the ball in slo-mo in mid air with literally only the sky behind it until it lands in the hands of someone and we never even get to see how it happened

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did anyone ever hear an explanation as to why Comcast put an end to covering The Ravens?

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
No he pm'd me when he seen my post.
Garrett PM'ed me too around the same time... kinda came at me for insulting them and their ability.

Sounds like we had almost the exact conversation.

I told him that if I wanted suggestions or critiques on pumpkin flavored beers they'd be my go to guys.... on football? Not so much.

When i saw the site was starting a podcast I was pumped... finally a podcast that has inside access to the team. Thought it could be great. But their interviews with the players suck. No football talk with them really. Just the basic, company line questions. I get that theyre employed by the team and their job is to be positive and all that, but you could promote the team with actual football talk.... not asking Weddle about how he played baseball in highschool and asking if he'll play on their softball team.

I have a feeling the site is hurting for views now. The content is horrible. I tend to read the LFW just bc it rounds up what every other outlet is reporting on Ravens related things.... but that basically sums it up. The only daily or semi-frequent piece worth reading is a simple copy/paste job of other media coverage.

And I swear if they post another players "camp/OTA highlights" video that literally shows a split second of 1 or 2 plays, filled in with music and other clips of standing around or walking out of the facility -- i may never return to that site again. I know they dont always allow media on the field, but they dont have more than 1 or 2 catches from the WR's or throws from Joe??? Even in 1on1 drills or anything? We're starving for content... or insight into how the players are developing. Show me something!