• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ravens media had a piece about whether we might trade for a pass rusher before the deadline. Despite only having about $2m in cap, they reckoned Yannick Ngakoue would only cost about $1.3m in 2019, and Michael Bennett would cost around $2.8m. They may not actually be available, but good to see that our short cap doesn't neccessarily put us out of the market entirely.
I saw that. Yannick would be perfect because of his contract. They suggested trading a 2020 3rd and Hayden

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Teams talk a real big game. Rams just said Ramsey wasn't going. Broncos claim the same thing. Problem is, doesn't look like they're going anywhere and Miller has one year left with a club option. I'm not saying, I'm just sayin...
they'll probably trade Miller if they big a good offer but i can’t see them trading him in conference.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
they'll probably trade Miller if they big a good offer but i can’t see them trading him in conference.

With the year he is having I honestly doubt they care. He has basically just existed all year, I am not sure he is the best pass rusher on that team anymore and he is on the back 9 of his career so they probably are not too fussed about trading him in conference.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Von hasn't been the elite pass rusher he's been in literally every season going back to last year. But he's still generating pressure. He's 5th in the league among edge rushers in the combined sack, QB hit, pressure totals. I'll need to study the tape to see what's going on this season. I'm sure he has some blame in it. But I'd be surprised if the drop off is entirely on him given how dominant he was in 2018. I'd personally love to have him here.

GG.exe

Practice Squad
Falcons DE Vic Beasley is on the trade block.
ESPN's Jordan Schultz broke the story and notes Beasley will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. The Falcons would be smart to ship their edge rusher to a Super Bowl competitor as Atlanta has essentially already been eliminated from playoff contention with their 1-5 record. Beasley had a 15.5-sack season in 2016 but has been held to 5.0 sacks in back-to-back seasons since. The 2015 8th overall pick is making $12.8 million this season.

SOURCE: Jordan Schultz on Twitter
Oct 18, 2019, 4:49 PM ET

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
It's not just the sacks for Beasley. Over the past three years, his best finish in terms of pass rushing productivity on a per snap basis is 90th. He's arguably one of the most overpaid defenders in the league at the moment.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
ESPN's Jordan Schultz broke the story and notes Beasley will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. The Falcons would be smart to ship their edge rusher to a Super Bowl competitor as Atlanta has essentially already been eliminated from playoff contention with their 1-5 record. Beasley had a 15.5-sack season in 2016 but has been held to 5.0 sacks in back-to-back seasons since. The 2015 8th overall pick is making $12.8 million this season.

We can’t make it happen simply based on his salary alone. The most realistic option right now is Yannick who might not even be available unfortunately. At this point I’d be fine with Leonard Williams. Any help would be great lol

edit: I don’t know if we could fit Leonard under the cap but I doubt it. Anyways, still praying for Yannick. I’d send a 2nd and Hurst and a mid round pick next year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's not just the sacks for Beasley. Over the past three years, his best finish in terms of pass rushing productivity on a per snap basis is 90th. He's arguably one of the most overpaid defenders in the league at the moment.
I also wasn't a fan of him coming out of college and was shocked when he had that good year a few years back when they went to the SB. Not that I watched many of their games, but he did have 15.5 sacks. Other than that, he's been downright awful.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t want to trade Hurst. I think he’ll have a role at some point here this year even if he hasn’t yet. I think with our issues with passing we should be cautious about trading away pieces.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Just saw Marcus Peters first interview as a raven, seems like not really a class act, but real, and in the best way. Like he was a class act in the interview but you just know he’s not that same smiley dude most of the time. Strikes me as a Steve Smith type, definitely has a fire in him.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don’t want to trade Hurst. I think he’ll have a role at some point here this year even if he hasn’t yet. I think with our issues with passing we should be cautious about trading away pieces.
Never was a fan of him and the Jags need a young TE in the worst way. If the Ramsey rumor was true and we were dangling Hurst, that means he’s definitely on the table. I think we need pass rush help way more than a second string TE who Lamar barely looks at. Literally everything about a Yannick deal makes so much sense (the need, the cap, the timing). But still, I doubt Yannick is even on the block unless the Jags know for certain that he’s not in their long-term plans.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just saw Marcus Peters first interview as a raven, seems like not really a class act, but real, and in the best way. Like he was a class act in the interview but you just know he’s not that same smiley dude most of the time. Strikes me as a Steve Smith type, definitely has a fire in him.
sounds good to me. We can only hope ...

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Never was a fan of him and the Jags need a young TE in the worst way. If the Ramsey rumor was true and we were dangling Hurst, that means he’s definitely on the table. I think we need pass rush help way more than a second string TE who Lamar barely looks at. Literally everything about a Yannick deal makes so much sense (the need, the cap, the timing). But still, I doubt Yannick is even on the block unless the Jags know for certain that he’s not in their long-term plans.
I’m not a huge fan of him either but I can see the talent and ability. We just don’t seem to get him the ball. He’s been getting open. I think we should try to see what we have in him first before throwing him away. I didn’t like the pick either. I also agree I don’t think Ngakoue is available so it’s a pipe dream to me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

not a good player - he's someone who accumulated sacks based off other players's pressures and coverage sacks - he's not someone who creates a lot or consistent pressure and he's not particularly great in the running game either

its outrageous how many of the sacks in that 15.5 sack year were clean-up sacks - one of the defining moments in PFF history - falcons fans were outraged about how low down beasley was that year but it was because so many of those sacks werent of his own making and he wasnt creating pressures outside of those sacks either

rossihunter2

Staff Member

given how that all played out i seriously doubt that offer was ever real - no official source ever reported it - it was a speculated deal put out there and then lots of sources ran with it as if it was a deal

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not a huge fan of him either but I can see the talent and ability. We just don’t seem to get him the ball. He’s been getting open. I think we should try to see what we have in him first before throwing him away. I didn’t like the pick either. I also agree I don’t think Ngakoue is available so it’s a pipe dream to me.
Plus we'd then need a 3rd TE on the roster and if anyone gets hurt at TE all of a sudden our group becomes ice thin. And we use a lot of 2 TE sets in our offense so that's not a position we can afford to be weak at. It needs to stay a strong point

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Sounds great until andrews gets hurt hurdling someone and we’re left with nick Boyle at TE

GG.exe

Practice Squad
if beasley mainly relies on coverage sacks, he could still work for us, now that we have humphrey-peters-thomas in the secondary.

especially if we got him for low-cost 5th rounder, falcons probably live to get him off their books.

is there a feasible way to finesse the cap and fit him in?