• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens Trade News: Marcus Peters, etc...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So this came from chibs so take with a massive pinch of salt (also already a day old):

Per @RussellStReport source, the #Ravens have called to poke around at Ryan Kerrigan of the #Redskins, but Dan Snyder was asking far too much.

They also made an unknown offer to the #Jaguars for one Yannick Ngakoue.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
So this came from chibs so take with a massive pinch of salt (also already a day old):

Per @RussellStReport source, the #Ravens have called to poke around at Ryan Kerrigan of the #Redskins, but Dan Snyder was asking far too much.

we've all seen this.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

yes, this is the same thing I posted last night. I also mentioned I wasn't sure how real it was also. I wouldn't be surprised either.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I hope cutting Bethel does not set back our special teams unit. I understand Recouping that 4th rounder though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So I have a question... why would Brent urban be off the table? He’s healthy right? And he was pretty consistently a decent player for us when healthy, with stretches of downright dominance, and he should come for next to nothing and won’t count against our comps due to being a cut.

He’s a player I genuinely would like adding to our rotation. He was great at batting balls at the line and that’s something we’ve missed, and he had flashes where he would absolutely dominate blockers in front of him for big disruption.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope cutting Bethel does not set back our special teams unit. I understand Recouping that 4th rounder though.
The worst part about that release is the Patriots signed him purely to gain intelligence on us. The Pats either cheat clandestinely or cheat openly within the rules. They play dirty to win and that's okay as long as it is within the rules. But, color me purple for feeling violated by the Pats right now.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

I won't be surprised if we don't add any pass rush help by the deadline. We may just scour the PS across the league and/or promote one or two from our own PS.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So I have a question... why would Brent urban be off the table? He’s healthy right? And he was pretty consistently a decent player for us when healthy, with stretches of downright dominance, and he should come for next to nothing and won’t count against our comps due to being a cut.

He’s a player I genuinely would like adding to our rotation. He was great at batting balls at the line and that’s something we’ve missed, and he had flashes where he would absolutely dominate blockers in front of him for big disruption.
the Bears signed him

GG.exe

Practice Squad
we should sign someone off the pats PS

The worst part about that release is the Patriots signed him purely to gain intelligence on us. The Pats either cheat clandestinely or cheat openly within the rules. They play dirty to win and that's okay as long as it is within the rules. But, color me purple for feeling violated by the Pats right now.

Theres no such thing as cheating within the rules, its legal and not the first time the Pats has signed one of our freshly cut players before playing us.

Theres no such thing as cheating within the rules, its legal and not the first time the Pats has signed one of our freshly cut players before playing us.
Yeah - we can not like that the Pats grabbed Bethel, but this doesn't go on their cheater rap sheet. Totally fair game.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah - we can not like that the Pats grabbed Bethel, but this doesn't go on their cheater rap sheet. Totally fair game.

Not to mention that Bethel is a great special teams player. It's not like the Pats are just picking him up for "intel".

So we knew the pats would sign him, and I can't believe we thought it would be consequential given the timing of our game with them.