• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Ugly and the Crazy @ Chiefs

Jackson had an average day in the air but I fully expect him to bounce back and keep improving, he missed open guys but Im sure he'll see that on tape.

Bozeman and Skura sucked again, no surprises there. Obviously Lamar is a weapon out of the pocket but Id rather we could leave that choice up to him.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
To be honest with you, I'm quite encouraged by how we played today. Because I would describe it on the whole, offense, defense and special teams and coaching as ugly. And all of that considered, we were within 5 and barely punted. I think we can hang with anyone. I believe barring injuries that this team gets better with experience

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i dont like that jackson is 0-2 against the chiefs but i do like that this is a budding rivalry hopefully for many years to come
Last year 4th&9 set up a TD on next 4th&9.
Today we couldn't defend screen pass on 3rd&9 to give ourselves a chance.
We didn't play particularly well either game (worse today) but were very close both times.
I just wish next one is scheduled as our home game.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have a genuine question...

Mahomes hangs prayer throws like nobody else, he does it often, he throws to an opening and hopes his fast guys beat the defenders to the ball, he literally needed this to beat us last year, he wins an mvp.

Lamar throws 2 desperation heaves(after making incredible plays to avoid sacks btw) and it’s all on the wr and Lamar is still a RB.

....why?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Mahomes hangs prayer throws like nobody else, he does it often, he throws to an opening and hopes his fast guys beat the defenders to the ball, he literally needed this to beat us last year, he wins an mvp.

Lamar throws 2 desperation heaves(after making incredible plays to avoid sacks btw) and it’s all on the wr and Lamar is still a RB.

....why?
Because stupid motherfuckers never admit they are wrong.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
He definitely went 0-3 his first year, and I don’t recall him winning one in year 2. Maybe he won one and lost the other and went 1-4 or something?

Feel like he won 1 in 09 and know we won 1 in 10. Didn't start pretty though. Changed after 2011.

....why?

Honestly the RB stuff isnt relevant because hes going to be a stud if he isnt already, once he starts finding his open recievers this league is going to become the Lamar show.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
My only gripes would be the 2 points when it's a 10 point game and not taking the fg. I can live with the rest. Just ditch that sprint right bullshit. Never liked that call.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He definitely went 0-3 his first year, and I don’t recall him winning one in year 2. Maybe he won one and lost the other and went 1-4 or something?

I believe it was specifically that he could not win against the Steelers when Ben was playing. I think the one win in 2009 was against the backup or something like that

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

....why?

Because stupid motherfuckers never admit they are wrong.
People have their confirmation bias....it's just human nature. To some, Lamar won't ever be impressive. It'll because he "faced a bad defense" or "the defense had injuries" or whatever.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I came across this site a few weeks ago and initially it looked like one of those million "Daniel's Sports Blog" sites that are dime a dozen across the internet but it actually reminds me more of Grantland (fuck you ESPN) and I've been fairly impressed by its content.

Here's their take on us going for it so often and the broad thought process behind it. It looks like we can expect to see a lot more aggression going forward (for better or worse).
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...baltimore-ravens-kansas-city-chiefs-analytics

Last edited: