• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Update: Welcome to B-More, Jeremy Maclin!

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I disagree. Maclin is better overall, younger, and has a connection with our coordinator. Decker gets no seperation, plus his wife may become a distraction with that reality tv show lol

In the unfortunate event our season derails, she's the distraction I'd want...

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I disagree. Maclin is better overall, younger, and has a connection with our coordinator. Decker gets no seperation, plus his wife may become a distraction with that reality tv show lol
Decker is like eight months older and has much better touchdown numbers to his name. Maclin is a better route runner and more explosive, but he's a vertical threat, which the Ravens have in Wallace and Perriman.

Decker is in the mold of a Boldin in that he'll go over the middle and make the contested catches. He's had a touchdown or 80 receiving yards (or both) in 18 of his last 19 games... with the Jets... Fitzpatrick, Petty, and Geno.

If it's 3rd and 10 in the red zone where it's tight, you're going to have a much easier time putting the ball up for Decker than hoping for a screen with Maclin.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So do you guys think during this period he thinks we pursue Decker and if we can eat Decker take him over Maclin?
What kind of nutrients does Decker provide if we eat him?

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
What kind of nutrients does Decker provide if we eat him?
This analogy just made my day
But I'm just curious I mean if we have a deal for Decker do we risk it and let him go in the hope of getting Jeremy or do we take Decker and atleast leave with one and maybe still try and get Q back this summer

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
This analogy just made my day
But I'm just curious I mean if we have a deal for Decker do we risk it and let him go in the hope of getting Jeremy or do we take Decker and atleast leave with one and maybe still try and get Q back this summer

Maybe I am a bit biased because I would prefer Decker over Maclin, but a bird in the hand is how I feel like we should approach this. I hope we don't try to get cute and lose out.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Maybe I am a bit biased because I would prefer Decker over Maclin, but a bird in the hand is how I feel like we should approach this. I hope we don't try to get cute and lose out.
I agree I'd say I want Decker more but his injuries scare me which makes me lean more towards Maclin but I honest to god would be happy with either or but I want one of them

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I agree I'd say I want Decker more but his injuries scare me which makes me lean more towards Maclin but I honest to god would be happy with either or but I want one of them
This was Decker's first big injury (last year). He's been a lot healthier than Maclin overall.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Ahhh okay well for some reason I thought he had lingering hip problems well in that case give me Eric Decker and maybe save some room for Q I really would like to see Q back in the building him and Joe had something together
I can't find anything on the hip injury. I don't even know what the issue is.

Apparently the shoulder and hip were both ongoing issues that he just played through before surgery became necessary, but again; no info on the hip at all.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler

Apparently the shoulder and hip were both ongoing issues that he just played through before surgery became necessary, but again; no info on the hip at all.
Yeah all I can find now that I've googled it is the surgery on the hip and shoulder but besides that he looks clean I was mistaken

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad

This is the exact reason I'd rather have Decker is because him playing through such injuries is less of a detriment to his game than Maclin's. If we're turning injuries off in the game settings, give me Maclin all day on talent alone.