• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bad, The Ugly, and the Pathetic

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Can’t mask a hole at cb2, every other hole can be worked around.

And beyond that, jimmy is gone now but he’s gonna be gone in the future, Ramsey is a now and future move. If we don’t trade for Ramsey, then we’re gonna have the same holes, because we’re gonna be using those picks in the secondary, in which case we would be lucky if ONE of those picks pan out, and if ONE pick pans out(which is just shy of best case scenario) then we would still have those same holes.

Make the move, guarantee you shore up the biggest hole on the roster, make due with what you have in draft currency later on.

2 firsts for Ramsey would literally be better than any possible 2 players we could get, there is a 99% chance you can’t come anywhere close to that value by making those picks
So Ramsey is inactive today and Hurst barely got any playing time today. I’m sure it’s a coincidence, but still interesting lol

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Marlon Humphrey says he’s averaging a few coverage busts a game and says he needs to be better.

of all the players on that secondary, marlon is not the one who busted as far as i saw - feels to me like he's covering for the other guys

100%. He did his job, Beckham got nothing. The rest failed miserably. He can hold his head high.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon Humphrey says he’s averaging a few coverage busts a game and says he needs to be better.

of all the players on that secondary, marlon is not the one who busted as far as i saw - feels to me like he's covering for the other guys
Humphrey said Ravens defense will have a heart-to-heart meeting this week.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
he wasnt catching him - literally no problem with him pulling up there - he tried to make the angle, clearly couldnt get there so eased off

of all the things to expect of him, that is not one
I'm sorry but that's not how you play like a raven and that's clearly not an answer a leader should give.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
OK I see. But C, LG and probably RG are still 3 positions that need to be addressed. We've spent 1st and a 3rd and what are the results? 1 top5 LT and a decent RT. You gotta spend high draft picks on OL, otherwise we keeping drafting the Eluemenour type of players.
How about edge rushers? Judon is gone, McPhee isn't a permanent answer and Williams and Bowser can't get the job done.
But how many of those picks are hits?

In the past decade let’s discuss the hit rate on 1s 2s and 3s
09: Oher, Kruger, Webb. 1/3 with the 1 being an expensive injury guy

10: Kindle, Cody, Dickson. 0/3

11: jimmy, Torrey, Reid. 2/3

12: upshaw, ko, pierce. 1/3

13: Elam, brown, Williams. 1/3

14: Mosley, Jernigan, brooks, Crockett. 1/4(don’t argue Jernigan please lol he did nothing for us)

15: perriman, maxx, Davis. 0/3

16: Stanley, Correa, kaufusi. 1/3

17: Humphrey, bowser, Williams, wormley. 1/4

18: hurst, Lamar, andrews, brown. Jury is out but I say 2/4 with potential for 4/4

19: brown, Ferguson, Boykin. Potential 3/3 but right now looking like 2/3 at absolute best

12/35 maybe 14/35 long term

You’re willing to put faith in the FO to make all the right picks with the same currency we could use for Ramsey? Because if we miss on ANY pick days 1-3 next year then we’re left with the same amount of holes and no Ramsey

He completely shut down OBJ today, so no he’s not the problem. I think Beckham had 2 catches all day and one of those was during trash time late in the game.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Uhhhhhhhhh what, Earl?

But how many of those picks are hits?

In the past decade let’s discuss the hit rate on 1s 2s and 3s
09: Oher, Kruger, Webb. 1/3 with the 1 being an expensive injury guy

10: Kindle, Cody, Dickson. 0/3

11: jimmy, Torrey, Reid. 2/3

12: upshaw, ko, pierce. 1/3

13: Elam, brown, Williams. 1/3

14: Mosley, Jernigan, brooks, Crockett. 1/4(don’t argue Jernigan please lol he did nothing for us)

15: perriman, maxx, Davis. 0/3

16: Stanley, Correa, kaufusi. 1/3

17: Humphrey, bowser, Williams, wormley. 1/4

18: hurst, Lamar, andrews, brown. Jury is out but I say 2/4 with potential for 4/4

19: brown, Ferguson, Boykin. Potential 3/3 but right now looking like 2/3 at absolute best

12/35 maybe 14/35 long term

You’re willing to put faith in the FO to make all the right picks with the same currency we could use for Ramsey? Because if we miss on ANY pick days 1-3 next year then we’re left with the same amount of holes and no Ramsey
Can’t say it any better than this

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If this year is going to continue like this then we have to find a way to get more of the young guys snaps just to find out what we have - Scott has to get active, Daylon Mack has to actually get snaps, we need to see deshon Elliott, Ben powers maybe even mekari

We have so many needs next year and I don’t think we can fill enough of them...

G, C, EDGE, CB, ILB, WR, S, DT

I’ve just realised I’ve listed every position on defence...

Ozzie destroyed us TBH