• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bad, The Ugly, and the Pathetic

This D is in big trouble. 2nd week in a row we gave up over 500 yards. Chubb torched us for 165, and Mayfield had 342 yards. So we pretty much suck in both run and pass D right now. We have no pass rush and our secondary is clueless right now. Wink is gonna have to earn his paycheck this year.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
but it'll make it better. We have to start from somewhere

I hope eric doesn't try the ''I'm going to build thorugh the draft '' crap. our drafts are crap in general and our eye for talent is laboring at the bottom of all the NFL teams. We get excited when we have a solid player and pay them like they're aaron donald.

We need OLB, MLB, and safety in addition to OL. I am not a fan of giving up that much, then hamstringing us on the cap, to not address those positions. We can sign people next year and just take it as a transition year to help Lamar develop more.

Selling the farm for 8-8 is dumb

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
No give me Willie [profanity deleted] Jr from Miss St. Funny that our ILB problem could have been solved by drafting Deion Jones over KC lmao

This is ozzie here. We had KC higher than Deion and Chris Jones on our draft board. We also got Kaufusi to solve our interior rush issue

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
The Jalen Ramsey trade is a pipe dream though, the Jags say they are not trading him and also declined our more than fair offer.

Nice to see Decosta attempt to make a move...maybe he will make some calls regarding other team pass rusher /DBs/OL if we could add talent to one of those areas that's a start. Hard to think of anyone who might be available via trade other than Ramsey.

But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
The offense reminded me a lot of the Flacco led offenses for the first half or so. I'm not even talking in terms of the QB comparison.
This offense had no identity and was seemingly dipping its toe into plays hoping something might stick. We don't know quite who we are offensively and as impressed as I was with the way the offense was called over weeks one and two, I am really down on the play calling and play design the past two weeks.

Offense had no rhythm and shot itself in the foot with key drops early. Justice Hill has been disappointing as a returner and I don't really blame him. Whose idea was it to have him back there? He also looks lost out on routes...really raw and not at all instinctual...he looks like a fourth round rookie.

Tony Jefferson looked like Matt Elam.
Earl Thomas was brought here and paid to make big plays.
Trace McSorley could have shredded the middle of the field against us.

Brandon Williams is not as big a factor as some think. You would see the exact same thing if it were Pierce were the injured half instead of Williams. Williams was paid a lot of money not just to take on double teams but to pressure the quarterback. I just don't want to hear a lot of the "You see how important Williams is..." stuff. Pierce is better. Williams can be handled one on one and doesn't particularly hold up against double teams....certainly not as well as Pierce.

Ricard is one of my favorite players but he ought to be severely limited in terms of snaps on the DLINE. Not sure why Mack didn't see more snaps.
I want to echo the bad drafting has killed us theme. Its telling that everyone realizes it....sitting around waiting for a 2nd round draft pick to pan out in his third season has gotten old.

Ozzie in his prime would have taken Derwin James and figured out how to get Lamar later.

Marlon was great. Not sure how Canady was overall but at least he made two plays in coverage.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
This is John Harbaugh here, we'll get better and if we don't get better next week, we'll get better the following week, and so forth and what a performence by maurice canday eh? plays like a raven, i tell ya. Heart of a lion. Give that man a contract...
Not sure if you are being sarcastic here or honestly believe in Harbaugh's consistent mindset of "We will get better" "We will improve" post loss attitude.

Not quite ready to axe Harbaugh given the horrific lack of talent all around this team. BUT today is certainly one of those days that warrants a firing or a change of defensive coordinator etc. 3 consecutively worse performances leading up to a punch in the mouth wake up call of a game where we looked like Dolphins on defense.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Browns gave us alot of cushion to throw into and we did not. We chose not to get the ball into our most explosive players hands. These are the things we did the first few games. I just don'tn understand what it is that the coaches are seeing that I am not. All those shorts passes etc....Snead can break guys, Hollywood and break guys, and Andrews can get it going.

My issue isn't the current talent on the field....it's how we are utilizing them at this current moment. Why is Gus not the true second runner behind Ingram? We insist on using Hill who as shifty as he is, does not produce the way Gus has.

Let Lamar throw the ball and set up PA. What are we doing?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure if you are being sarcastic here or honestly believe in Harbaugh's consistent mindset of "We will get better" "We will improve" post loss attitude.

Not quite ready to axe Harbaugh given the horrific lack of talent all around this team. BUT today is certainly one of those days that warrants a firing or a change of defensive coordinator etc. 3 consecutively worse performances leading up to a punch in the mouth wake up call of a game where we looked like Dolphins on defense.

A change of coordinator... you had the number 1 defense last year so to fire the coordinator of said defense through 4 games would get him hired before he hit the parking lot. Defense is missing 2 of the top 3 corners and the best run stuffer. It will be fine. Its the offense that is worrying. Before that garbage time touchdown the passing game did nothing. It was just putrid all day. Dropped balls, bad throws, missed reads, it was just woeful.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
12 games under rookie contract. He's going to hold out 100% he does not plan to play under the 5th year option. I don't want to spend all these resources on the secondary alone while having spent none on pass rushers.
Marlon, Thomas, Ramsey, Young and Jefferson and two 1sts. That's too much.
Is it too much if the secondary is actually playing well though?

Cut Jefferson for Christ’s sake, he’s been the single worst player on the team this year, there’s a big chunk.

And what makes you think we would go option for him? If Ramsey comes we’re looking to lock him down, get real.

And again, we aren’t gonna land a pass rusher with those picks so forget about that

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Cut Jefferson for Christ’s sake, he’s been the single worst player on the team this year, there’s a big chunk.

And what makes you think we would go option for him? If Ramsey comes we’re looking to lock him down, get real.

And again, we aren’t gonna land a pass rusher with those picks so forget about that

I agree saving 7 million in cap is nice but that will basically be the cost of his replacement so its not like its a huge savings because any mediocre safety is going to eat that much of your cap.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
I can't get that 3rd and 6 shotgun drae off my mind, thats a play a 12 year old runs on Madden.

The Ravens offensive coordinator curse continues. Not to judge Greg Roman off of one bad game...but I'm not the biggest fan of his, there is a reason the 49ers gave up on his system that helped lead a team to the super bowl.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Offense had no rhythm and shot itself in the foot with key drops early. Justice Hill has been disappointing as a returner and I don't really blame him. Whose idea was it to have him back there? He also looks lost out on routes...really raw and not at all instinctual...he looks like a fourth round rookie.

not only a 4th round rookie, but a 4th round rookie who hardly did any receiving in college

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Look I'm not totally against trading for Ramsey. Imho you can't pay every member of a secondary you gotta have some guys on rookie contracts that are starters. That's how I think.
I'm on board if you can tell me how you want to address Edge and OL appropriately.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
guys, this is the standard of our team. It's not going to get better. History has shown that when a team get's its ass handed to them on D in the way we have it's not suddenly going to be good.