• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The DeCosta and the Andrews

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Special shout out to Brandon Williams. He came out to play and had a huge impact in this game. I noticed two back to back plays(I think) where he got massive pressure and disrupted the play. Also he was a beast in against the run(as per usual). He was so disruptive yesterday and might have had one of the best games of his career.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
What makes Lamar so great is that if we're not having success throwing the Football, we could always fall back on his legs to win us games. I think he could have an much better game throwing the football if not for the weather and drops but regardless he willed us to victory and I'm so happy he's our QB.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was thinking about picking up an Andrews jersey BUT after seeing my man drop so many passes yesterday; I'll pass on that move for now! -_-

The "L-JACK" Attack is full effect with me though! Wow!

I absolutely LOVE everything about this kid; from his heart, his passion and his desire to win; to his friendliness and leadership ability for this Ravens team! Awesome!

GO RAVENS!!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was thinking about picking up an Andrews jersey BUT after seeing my man drop so many passes yesterday; I'll pass on that move for now! -_-

I absolutely LOVE everything about this kid; from his heart, his passion and his desire to win; to his friendliness and leadership ability for this Ravens team! Awesome!

GO RAVENS!!!!
I wouldn't let that one bad game deter you from getting his jersey, unless you get an LJ jersey instead.

Special shout out to Brandon Williams. He came out to play and had a huge impact in this game. I noticed two back to back plays(I think) where he got massive pressure and disrupted the play. Also he was a beast in against the run(as per usual). He was so disruptive yesterday and might have had one of the best games of his career.
Absolutely ... B Will is a critical part of this defense. I don't know why people fail to understand it, when we've seen so many cases where our run D falls to pieces when he is out.

People grumble because he can't pressure the QB. Outside of a few examples, that is largely true. However, If he was able to consistently do that, he'd be Aaron Donald. He's getting paid, but not at the level of a guy who can stuff the run AND pressure the QB. That is a rare, rare skill.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
He came alive in the second half of that game yesterday and played hard.

So our defense is coming alive. That’s scary for the league. Every team on our schedule was counting on exploiting our 3rd corner and LBs, and now with Peters and the emergence of fort and bynes, that might not be an option.

Btw, LJ fort was an absolute machine today. Who the hell is this guy??
Was that Fort who made the open field tackle on Wilson? I'm trying to find the replay of that. That is not an easy tackle to make.

I swear, this team should only select ILB in the draft as a 1st rounder (ala Lewis and Mosely) or skip it. We seem to pick up undrafted ILBs and guys off the street and they become starter worthy. Its incredible.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Was that Fort who made the open field tackle on Wilson? I'm trying to find the replay of that, but that's not easy to do.

I swear, this team should only select ILB in the draft as a 1st rounder (ala Lewis and Mosely) or skip it. We seem to pick up undrafted ILBs and guys off the street and they become starter worthy. Its incredible.
Yeah that was him. One of the most impressive plays of the whole game, making that tackle on Russell Wilson is ridiculous and it ends in a juke and first down 99% of the time

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

GO RAVENS!!!!
Andrews was just off yesterday. It happens, they stuck with him when it might have been wiser to insert Boyle or Hurst. Did I hear that he wasn't feeling well?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Was that Fort who made the open field tackle on Wilson? I'm trying to find the replay of that. That is not an easy tackle to make.

Should be in this video

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Malik Harrison from Ohio State is the first guy that comes to mind. Guys is aggressive and gets from sideline to sideline in a hurry. Diagnosis run plays extremely well and hes having a great year

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Absolutely ... B Will is a critical part of this defense. I don't know why people fail to understand it, when we've seen so many cases where our run D falls to pieces when he is out.

People grumble because he can't pressure the QB. Outside of a few examples, that is largely true. However, If he was able to consistently do that, he'd be Aaron Donald. He's getting paid, but not at the level of a guy who can stuff the run AND pressure the QB. That is a rare, rare skill.
He's always stout against the run, but in this game he was magnificent in generating a pass rush and pressure. He was very disruptive.

Ive watched this so many times and it gives me chills and makes me smile at the same time. I fucking love Lamar and the fire he brings has infected the entire team. Its glorious.
That and the fact Lamar has the clear respect of a man of such veteran stature as Yanda is telling (partly because Lamar seems to look to Yanda for his thoughts). It is also telling that Harbaugh looks at a 22 year and trusts his opinion. It was like a manager going to the mound to check on his veteran pitcher and leaving him in if the pitcher not only says he's good to go, but reads it in his eye.

Eisenberg had a really good comment in his post-game article and that was ... the turning point in this game was Carroll deciding to try a 53 yard FG instead of going for 4th and 3. I was really surprised he put that trust in his kicker rather than in Wilson. On the flip - Harbaugh first sent out the FG team, then looked to his QB for his opinion. No lukewarm response ... absolute enthusiasm and then the backing of his most trusted vet. Give Harbaugh credit for being that kind of open guy - to look to his players, read them and then make a decision. That was a beautiful thing.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
man...going from flacco who basically was mentally as close to jay cutler as there was in the league ( slightly better but thats not saying much) to this is just what we needed as a franchise.

Nurps

MVP
Its so crazy to think that one play (or non play) can be so pivotal. Imagine how different the game might have gone had we not had that delay of game that set the chain of events in motion. What a great moment.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler

One of those plays was on the Lockett TD wasn't it, where Humphrey stopped playing because he saw a flag?