• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The DeCosta and the Andrews

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don’t know how to feel about this. Him and Judon have been our most consistent pass rushers, but if this means EDC gets aggressive and trades for an elite talent, it would take so much pressure off the situation and Pernell can heal up and be some much needed depth for next season. I feel like we were going to acquire some pass rushing talent even before this injury

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This somehow makes the loss to Cleveland both more and less frustrating lol.

More. If we didn't let it get out of hand and kept the game close, I think we would have won. We would essentially have the division locked up at 6-1, but we can't make it that easy.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
My main concern after yesterday’s game was the injury to McPhee. Our injuries are piling up and it is a concern.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I have a good feeling about this game. I think LJ welcomes the challenge going against Russ and the Hawks in “12th man” territory and has a huge game. Also ET has a break out game(for you Mili. lol) and plays his ass off. Add in Marcus Peters and the secondary shows up. Hayden, Gus and Ingram have big games too. Let’s go!

wins against good teams going into the bye are always good. Especially when it wasn't expected. I think the only person that expected to win was @Ellicottraven

Tank

Hall of Famer
“The Great Russell Wilson” as the announcer was calling him yesterday looked pretty normal under the relentless pressure. Even in the first half it took him throwing up a prayer to score a TD. An effective pass rush and secondary are wonderful things.

Tyler

Practice Squad
I’m not sure if it was due to the fact that it was raining for most of the game, but anyone else notice how often Lamar was under center than in previous weeks? Usually the only time he’s lined up under center have been bootleg rollouts. I thought Lamar looked fantastic under center. That kid put his stamp on the league today and there should be no doubts that he belongs.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
LOL, look at Wink

EHXTZoMX4AIr2Yw

Ingram loves this defence.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
More. If we didn't let it get out of hand and kept the game close, I think we would have won. We would essentially have the division locked up at 6-1, but we can't make it that easy.

If we beat the patriots and they lose vs the patriots you can call the AFC north division a wrap but if the opposite happens then we could be in a pickle taking into account how easy their schedule is and how brutal ours is ( bar the bengals). from here on end.

Last edited:

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure if it was due to the fact that it was raining for most of the game, but anyone else notice how often Lamar was under center than in previous weeks? Usually the only time he’s lined up under center have been bootleg rollouts. I thought Lamar looked fantastic under center. That kid put his stamp on the league today and there should be no doubts that he belongs.

Lamar looked great running the offense period. I don't think he's been getting enough credit for how smooth of an operation that the offense has become. Even in Seattle, with all the crowd noise, he was able to get everyone lined up and in position with no issues for most of the game. Lamar has total control of this offense and is becoming even more of a leader every week as well. It's been awesome to watch.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson is a sensation the likes of which this league has never seen before. Vick was great but I honestly don't believe he was in Lamar's league when he started out or even in his first stint as QB in Atlanta as the #1 pick.

Lamar Jackson is so far beyond anything we've seen that the only comparison I can make to him is from another sport. Basketball. Yes, the way he makes you stay riveted to him when he's on the playing field is reminiscent of MJ when he played a BB game. I've been to Wizards games where I had my binoculars literally trained on MJ and didn't care about anything else. Lamar Jackson has the same kind of effect on people.

Sure some fans hate him, but they'll all learn to love him soon enough when they too can't take their eyes off him. Remember MJ and the Detroit days and the negativity that surrounded him?

Call me purple koolaid drunk, but I'm sticking with my theory.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar Jackson is a sensation the likes of which this league has never seen before. Vick was great but I honestly don't believe he was in Lamar's league when he started out or even in his first stint as QB in Atlanta as the #1 pick.

Lamar Jackson is so far beyond anything we've seen that the only comparison I can make to him is from another sport. Basketball. Yes, the way he makes you stay riveted to him when he's on the playing field is reminiscent of MJ when he played a BB game. I've been to Wizards games where I had my binoculars literally trained on MJ and didn't care about anything else. Lamar Jackson has the same kind of effect on people.

Sure some fans hate him, but they'll all learn to love him soon enough when they too can't take their eyes off him. Remember MJ and the Detroit days and the negativity that surrounded him?

Call me purple koolaid drunk, but I'm sticking with my theory.
Lamar will only get better. Would love to see him with an elite receiver.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
So the dude who takes the team, puts them on his back and wins the game gets a C+ grade. I'm ashamed that idiot went to the same HS as I did. What a [profanity deleted].
Preston is a no good S.O.B who's come to realize that the only way he gets people to even listen to him or possibly click on his articles is with click bait type controversial and contrarian made up shit. Otherwise the guy wouldn't have a job. He's just a print version of a shock jock. Ignore him or he'll grow like Cancer.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we beat the patriots and they lose vs the patriots you can call the AFC north division a wrap but if the opposite happens then we could be in a pickle taking into account how easy their schedule is and how brutal ours is ( bar the bengals). from here on end.
we came back from 3 1/2 games back last year. What I am saying is even if this happens, there is still plenty of time left in the season and we need to keep our foot on the gas.