• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Bengals and The Record Books

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Ravens had more points than plays this week...

we literally averaged over 1 point per snap - that is outrageous... has that ever happened before in the NFL?
probably, I mean their have been some 70 + point games before

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am seeing that lamar spin move everywhere rn. Cant get enough of it. So smooth

Also him wearing shades on the bench is about to become a meme

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know what our time of possession was for this game? IIRC, the Bengals dominated it with like 40 something minutes. That's BEYOOOOOOOOONNNNDD absurd given how we annihilated them on the scoreboard.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Does anyone know what our time of possession was for this game? IIRC, the Bengals dominated it with like 40 something minutes. That's BEYOOOOOOOOONNNNDD absurd given how we annihilated them on the scoreboard.

we lost 2 offensive drives to defensive scores... that and the fact that the bengals had joe mixon run 30 times even though they were trailing after the first 6 plays of the game meant they had lots of play clock

the final TOP was 36:11 to 23:49 in favour of the bengals

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Eisenberg said they had the ball 12+ more minutes than we did

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'd just love to reiterate, Nick Boyle who blocks as well as a tackle but who is an eligible receiver had 4 catches for 78 yards today after he had 5 catches against the pats
Was just thinking about this today, what a draft pick he turned out to be. A lot of winning teams reportedly really wanted him this offseason, we extended him, fans laughed, including me, and holy hell hes turned out to be maybe the 2nd most important player in this scheme

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
honestly i think we're paying him and i think we're probably paying marlon too and EDC isnt gonna worry that they play the same position because they're both that good in this defence
If we pay both Peters and Marlon (there's no scenario we don't pay Marlon), I think there's a couple things that for certain will happen:
1. We won't be able to resign Judon
2. There's no way we keep Jimmy and Carr, and maybe not either
3. We cut Jefferson.

I actually don't terribly mind the idea of paying a lot in the secondary. If you're not going to pay Judon, you might as well go youth and volume at pass rush, and there's nobody on offense that you'd need to extend at this point, with the exception of Stanley. Even if you pay Skura, it'll be at average starter money.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If we pay both Peters and Marlon (there's no scenario we don't pay Marlon), I think there's a couple things that for certain will happen:
3. We cut Jefferson.

I actually don't terribly mind the idea of paying a lot in the secondary. If you're not going to pay Judon, you might as well go youth and volume at pass rush, and there's nobody on offense that you'd need to extend at this point, with the exception of Stanley. Even if you pay Skura, it'll be at average starter money.
I think we should get rid of carr and jeffro for sure.. idk about payiny skura though. One good year doesnt cut it for me, seen it happen too many times on our team.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eisenberg said they had the ball 12+ more minutes than we did
About 12.5 minutes more. Bengals had the ball for 36 minutes in this game, and scored 13 points.

It's a very weird game and gamescript of you look at the box score.

Bengals dominated TOP, they had 40 rush attempts (17 more than the Ravens), ran 72 plays,, and actually had more 1st downs than the Ravens. They lost by 36 points.

I would love to see the stats on a team having 40 rush attempts and losing by 36 points. Its almost as if they just wanted to run the ball to prove they could, regardless of the outcome on the scoreboard.

But then again, when your opponent averages 8 yards/play and 10 yards/pass, and scores 49 points with only 8 offensive possessions, and you turn the ball over three times, its hard to be competitive in most games.

And that's what happened here.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we should get rid of carr and jeffro for sure.. idk about payiny skura though. One good year doesnt cut it for me, seen it happen too many times on our team.
Maybe. He's an RFA next year, which means you're going to pay him $3-4M to keep him for another year anyway, and at that price I guarantee we will.
But if you can get him to sign long term for $6-7M a year, I'd be looking to do that. That's a very reasonable price tag, given where he would slot in league-wide and what the Center market looks like.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pierce was injured on the first play. looked like at least he was putting weight on the foot leaving the field.
Interestingly he came out for the second series (Without Williams) and played two consecutive snaps and then left the field.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

rossihunter2

Staff Member
3. We cut Jefferson.

i think all those moves (except carr) happen anyway - marlon doesnt necessarily get paid this offseason (although we might anyway) and carr has one more 6m option left on his deal which isnt particularly expensive

i dont think judon stays this offseason, we might try and retain jimmy but i dont think we'll offer him enough not to go somewhere else, i think jefferson's as good as gone given the cap savings we'd get from releasing him