• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Bengals and The Record Books

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Maybe. He's an RFA next year, which means you're going to pay him $3-4M to keep him for another year anyway, and at that price I guarantee we will.
But if you can get him to sign long term for $6-7M a year, I'd be looking to do that. That's a very reasonable price tag, given where he would slot in league-wide and what the Center market looks like.

um that's outrageously underpriced for skura - that would pay him in the bottom 16 of starting centers in the league in terms of contract and most of those are old contracts or rookie deals - you're probably looking at ryan jensen money for skura on the open market - or more to be honest given inflation...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think all those moves (except carr) happen anyway - marlon doesnt necessarily get paid this offseason (although we might anyway) and carr has one more 6m option left on his deal which isnt particularly expensive

i dont think judon stays this offseason, we might try and retain jimmy but i dont think we'll offer him enough not to go somewhere else, i think jefferson's as good as gone given the cap savings we'd get from releasing him
I agree, the Carr option is too cheap not to keep him. He's too versatile not to keep and is always available. Cutting TJ saves us 7m if I recall and I wouldn't mind offering Jimmy that money if he's willing to take it, but nothing more than that and on a short contract.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marlon extended this season, but I believe Stanley's contract will be first since he was drafted one year early. I believe the target date for extending Marlon will be after the 2020 season. That will allow us to extend Peters this offseason and Stanley and then paying Marlon in 2020 more than Peters won't cause any issues.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Not being able to stop the run at times today was a little concerning, but the turnovers by the defense were nice to see. The offense played the best I have seen a Ravens offense ever play. They were firing on all cylinders. Lamar as throwing dimes today.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Were you guys encouraged by Seiler today?
I just finished watching a lot (or most) of his first half snaps and I have to answer, No. He is pretty unrefined. A bull in a china shop...comes off the line and gets rag dolled. Gets into the backfield untouched and misses because he over pursues the play fake. I didn't think he looked good in the snaps Ive watched so far.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I was one of those who criticized the Boyle contract. He's been so impressive honestly and has gotten so much better as a receiver.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think all those moves (except carr) happen anyway - marlon doesnt necessarily get paid this offseason (although we might anyway) and carr has one more 6m option left on his deal which isnt particularly expensive

i dont think judon stays this offseason, we might try and retain jimmy but i dont think we'll offer him enough not to go somewhere else, i think jefferson's as good as gone given the cap savings we'd get from releasing him
I guess theoretically they could decide to pay Judon instead of Peters, but that would probably be surprising at this point.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was one of those who criticized the Boyle contract. He's been so impressive honestly and has gotten so much better as a receiver.
and Roman said there is so much of the offense we wouldn't be able to do without Nick Boyle. He's one of the better all around TE's in the league and definitely the best blocking TE in the league.

If we pay both Peters and Marlon (there's no scenario we don't pay Marlon), I think there's a couple things that for certain will happen:
1. We won't be able to resign Judon
2. There's no way we keep Jimmy and Carr, and maybe not either
3. We cut Jefferson.

I actually don't terribly mind the idea of paying a lot in the secondary. If you're not going to pay Judon, you might as well go youth and volume at pass rush, and there's nobody on offense that you'd need to extend at this point, with the exception of Stanley. Even if you pay Skura, it'll be at average starter money.
We can tender skura, most likely a 2nd rounder and jefferson is easily gone, chuck and deshon are both better and tony saves 7m. I think jimmy resigns for a 1year deal with a discount. Carr has an option that we will probably pick up as well. I think we end up resigning peters and letting judon and pierce walk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Judon will get overpaid just not by us, I like him but his production is replaceable imo.
I agree, but he had the 3rd most pressures in the league coming into today and I doubt that changed. He just isn't getting sacks.

I'd just love to reiterate, Nick Boyle who blocks as well as a tackle but who is an eligible receiver had 4 catches for 78 yards today after he had 5 catches against the pats
That qualifies as good. Boyle is one signing it doesn't look like we're going to regret. Teams are going to continue to key on Andrews, so he and Hurst will get their opportunities.

And speaking of Hurst ... we're not getting from him what you want from a 1st rounder, but I refuse at this point to call him a bust. I think he's another one of those guys thats just doing dirty work and making himself available in very few, but important situations.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
That qualifies as good. Boyle is one signing it doesn't look like we're going to regret. Teams are going to continue to key on Andrews, so he and Hurst will get their opportunities.

And speaking of Hurst ... we're not getting from him what you want from a 1st rounder, but I refuse at this point to call him a bust. I think he's another one of those guys thats just doing dirty work and making himself available in very few, but important situations.
Hurst isn't surprising me any longer. Every game he makes at least one awesome run and catch while, as all the others, doing lot of dirty work. It's pretty amazing how all these guys are sharp. It's not like they get to go on streaks and stay hot - they all get opportunities only sporadically but they rarely fail (Andrews in Seattle was a clear outlier).

rossihunter2

Staff Member

there's limited targets to go around in this offence but hurst is consistently making clutch catches at key points to keep drives alive - he's also a victim of andrews success as both he and boyle are often off the field on obvious passing downs (like 3rd and long)