• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Film Breakdowns

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5

Madubuike video is here - only a small one though:

awesome breakdown, awesome debut. it felt like with his limited snaps he was very consistent, i was noticing him a lot when i was watching live, felt like he was often seen showing some disruption or pursuit, nice to see he was holding down and anchoring and doing some quality dirty work too. he looked like a pro DT, a rookie but he looked like he was at least competent and not overwhelmed or anything, and he showed some flashy potential too. im gonna have eyes glued to him the next few weeks lol

also, me and the wife are working on cutting cable, were discussing getting the gamepass if these antennas we just bought arent cutting it for football. if i get it and get the coaches film ill start doing some breakdowns!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
awesome breakdown, awesome debut. it felt like with his limited snaps he was very consistent, i was noticing him a lot when i was watching live, felt like he was often seen showing some disruption or pursuit, nice to see he was holding down and anchoring and doing some quality dirty work too. he looked like a pro DT, a rookie but he looked like he was at least competent and not overwhelmed or anything, and he showed some flashy potential too. im gonna have eyes glued to him the next few weeks lol

also, me and the wife are working on cutting cable, were discussing getting the gamepass if these antennas we just bought arent cutting it for football. if i get it and get the coaches film ill start doing some breakdowns!

you definitely should - i love having gamepass this year - especially as someone who enjoys the craft of route running, you never get to see that in normal game angles unless someone has a highlight during the broadcast - ive got tons of clips ive saved just of little things i noticed and want to slow down for myself even if its not for a breakdown or anything (got a couple of james proche routes from this week, got some jk dobbins routes from week 3, got terry mclaurin's long catch against khalil dorsey in week 4, some week 1 tyre phillips etc. etc.)

madubuike was really consistent - really high floor type player - PFF grades arent the be all end all but they are a decent measure of consistency and madubuike got a 72 grade on debut which is pretty good for a rookie coming off an injury

i do feel like he was maybe stuck in his stance just a little - as he gets more comfortable with QB cadences and his reaction time gets better acclimated to the NFL he's gonna start winning with his quickness

side-note that i know you'll love to hear - jaylon ferguson had a great game full of good fundamental football

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
you definitely should - i love having gamepass this year - especially as someone who enjoys the craft of route running, you never get to see that in normal game angles unless someone has a highlight during the broadcast - ive got tons of clips ive saved just of little things i noticed and want to slow down for myself even if its not for a breakdown or anything (got a couple of james proche routes from this week, got some jk dobbins routes from week 3, got terry mclaurin's long catch against khalil dorsey in week 4, some week 1 tyre phillips etc. etc.)

madubuike was really consistent - really high floor type player - PFF grades arent the be all end all but they are a decent measure of consistency and madubuike got a 72 grade on debut which is pretty good for a rookie coming off an injury

i do feel like he was maybe stuck in his stance just a little - as he gets more comfortable with QB cadences and his reaction time gets better acclimated to the NFL he's gonna start winning with his quickness

side-note that i know you'll love to hear - jaylon ferguson had a great game full of good fundamental football
Ferguson was definitely having a good game. He definitely has improved tremendously from last season and that's a very good sign. He may never be a 10 sack guy, but he is certainly showing he can set an edge.

Nice video on Madubuike, he has some pretty high upside and I'll look forward to seeing him play the rest of the season and YOU doing more videos of him!

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
tenor.gif

@rossihunter2 These are really good

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Yannick needs diversity so far his pass rush moves are concerned. The book is out on him to an extent, I think. It would not surprise me if he comes up big tonight going against a rookie tackle. A lot to work with if he can develop some consistency, variety and more in the way of plan and counters.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@Edgar did a nice breakdown of Anthony Averett in the Bengals game. Go to his youtube channel and smash that like button, it helps his channel!