• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Skura and The Coliseum

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can’t believe it. I just can’t.

We’re watching the most dominant stretch in the history of the modern nfl. This makes the 07 patriots blush. I don’t see how this team can be stopped. Lamar is looking like the best goddamn passer in the entire league, he is Neo in the pocket, the whole game is slowed down and he’s still full speed, he’s processing defenses at a pace that Tom brady would be jealous of, he’s making full field reads in a matter of 2 seconds and resetting the pocket and reading again, and he’s delivering deadly accurate throws every attempt it seems, every spot and every level of the field Lamar is dropping dimes and looks literally unstoppable.

And that was just his PASSING... all of this on top of literally being a Barry Sanders/gale sayers caliber of runner.

Guys were watching potentially the greatest single season performance of any player in nfl history. How anyone can even try to call Russ the mvp is beyond me, Lamar Jackson is doing things that nobody ever thought would be possible in the nfl.
We get stopped when a mid-tier NFC team with a meme qb stumbles their way into the Super Bowl.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Firstly hope skura is OK and not out for the season.
Notes: 1) The offensive and defensive game plans were literally perfect. I think this is by far the best coaching staff in our teams history.
2) When Lamar wants to be unstoppable, he's pretty much unstoppable. 3) Watch Ingram, Stanley, Hollywood, Judon, Peters etc on the sideline, look at Peko and Bynes during the TD celebrations. There is a real sense of family and friendship I don't think I've ever seen. If this team stays healthy, I think it represents the AFC. 4) We should reinforce the interior o line, but it really looks like we may have something in Mekari.

Two defensive backs from opposing teams almost getting into a fight is like one of the funniest things I've ever heard of happening during or after a football game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Mark Ingram ran over Weddle tonight. I don't understand how the Saints let him go and then signs Murray for not much less than Ingram's contract.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Mark Ingram ran over Weddle tonight. I don't understand how the Saints let him go and then signs Murray for not much less than Ingram's contract.
I think it was a combination of things. They publicly stated that their priority was to bring back their players, citing Ingram, and Ingram also said he wanted to return. But they were also sitting at about $9 million in cap space. And perhaps Ingram welcomed a chance to be a true No.1 RB. Plus to his credit, Murray's played well for them in relief. But Ingram's personality and infectious locker room presence has adds as much as his on-field talent does, so I'm sure that he's missed.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar vs 4 top defensive minds:

Bill Belichick
Pete Carroll
Wade Phillips
Romeo Crennell

13 TDs, 0 INTs, 8.0 YPA, 7.3 YPC

4 wins, 0 losses

Ravens: 153 points
Opponents: 49 points

MVP

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hope it’s just a sprain for Skura. Please football gods.