• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Lamar, The Skura and The Coliseum

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Roman's red zone play calls were fantastic. Rams called zone defense with Ramsey on the outside. Now what made the call imo great? 11 personnel with either Edwards or Hill on the boundaries and voila Ramsey was completely wasted from a Rams perspective

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think it was a combination of things. They publicly stated that their priority was to bring back their players, citing Ingram, and Ingram also said he wanted to return. But they were also sitting at about $9 million in cap space. And perhaps Ingram welcomed a chance to be a true No.1 RB. Plus to his credit, Murray's played well for them in relief. But Ingram's personality and infectious locker room presence has adds as much as his on-field talent does, so I'm sure that he's missed.
Looking at the deal, Murray's is a 4 year contract totaling 14.4m, but the structure of the deal allows New Orleans to pay him 1.85 in year one. Ingram's is about 15m for 3 years and his cap hit is a 3.3m this season and jumps to 5.3, then 6.3 in '21. I really think you hit the nail on the head when you stated he wanted to be a number 1 rb,

Last edited:
I can’t believe it. I just can’t.

We’re watching the most dominant stretch in the history of the modern nfl. This makes the 07 patriots blush. I don’t see how this team can be stopped. Lamar is looking like the best goddamn passer in the entire league, he is Neo in the pocket, the whole game is slowed down and he’s still full speed, he’s processing defenses at a pace that Tom brady would be jealous of, he’s making full field reads in a matter of 2 seconds and resetting the pocket and reading again, and he’s delivering deadly accurate throws every attempt it seems, every spot and every level of the field Lamar is dropping dimes and looks literally unstoppable.

And that was just his PASSING... all of this on top of literally being a Barry Sanders/gale sayers caliber of runner.

Guys were watching potentially the greatest single season performance of any player in nfl history. How anyone can even try to call Russ the mvp is beyond me, Lamar Jackson is doing things that nobody ever thought would be possible in the nfl.
The closest I've seen to this kind of point spread domination was the 98 Vikings. They went 15-1 and Moss in his rookie year was a rookie phenom and they were absolutely blowing teams to pieces, just were doing it in a different way. Their D is not what ours is now, so this goes down as the most dominant stretch of games I've ever seen.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The closest I've seen to this kind of point spread domination was the 98 Vikings. They went 15-1 and Moss in his rookie year was a rookie phenom and they were absolutely blowing teams to pieces, just were doing it in a different way. Their D is not what ours is now, so this goes down as the most dominant stretch of games I've ever seen.
well Tucker won't miss a game winning fg in the AFCCG and I would agree, this is the most dominant football I have ever seen and I've been watching since 1971

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
At this rate if we dknt win the super bowl I'll be disappointed...

Didnt think I'd be saying this to start the year but c'mon guys

BRING IT HOME
I feel the same way. It used to be make the playoffs, then last year make the playoffs and win the division. Now anything less than a Super Bowl is a disappointment. That being said, watching Lamar Jackson develop right in front of our eyes is incredible.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looks like we’ll start dressing Ben powers

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
At this rate if we dknt win the super bowl I'll be disappointed...

Didnt think I'd be saying this to start the year but c'mon guys

BRING IT HOME
Obviously, it would be disappointment (if we get to the SB) because we are clearly very good but even if we don't, I am already more than happy with what Ravens did this year. I have no doubt we'll get to couple SBs during Lamar's rookie contract.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Obviously, it would be disappointment (if we get to the SB) because we are clearly very good but even if we don't, I am already more than happy with what Ravens did this year. I have no doubt we'll get to couple SBs during Lamar's rookie contract.

Yeah, even if we don't make the SB and/or win it, this team has never been more exciting to watch. And it's not just us, Lamar is captivating fans all throughout the league. Football is fun again.